PDA

View Full Version : What would RP say on these issues?

jbrace
07-19-2009, 08:41 PM
Using a scale of 1-5, please indicate how you feel about the following public policy issues: 1 (strongly agree); 2 (generally agree); 3 (no strong feelings); 4 (generally disagree); 5 (strongly disagree); 0 (undecided).

**___ A strong American nuclear force remains essential to the preservation of world peace.

**___ More research is necessary before the U.S. can deploy an intercontinental missile defense system..
**___ Financing of political campaigns with public funds is necessary to ensure equal access to political power for all citizens.

**___ Negative advertising, when actually based on a candidate's record, is a valuable information source to the electorate.

___ If an individual receives benefits from a union-negotiated contract, it is fair for government to require him to pay union dues.

___ Federal workers should be allowed to run for public office, participate in political races, and raise money for partisan candidates.

___ Mandated sensitivity courses should be required to ensure that children reject racism.

___ Clear-cut harvesting of forests in the United State should be prohibited by law.

___ Since abortion is primarily a question of a woman's control of her own body, she should have the right to an abortion.

___ Animal testing of products - even for medical purposes - is inhumane and should be prohibited by law.

___ Mandatory drug testing is an appropriate policy for some types of employment.

___ In general, criminal sentencing in this country is too lenient.

Reason
07-19-2009, 08:46 PM
your questions are worded very fail.

Anti Federalist
07-19-2009, 08:52 PM
Oh WTH, I'll play...

Using a scale of 1-5, please indicate how you feel about the following public policy issues: 1 (strongly agree); 2 (generally agree); 3 (no strong feelings); 4 (generally disagree); 5 (strongly disagree); 0 (undecided).

** A strong American nuclear force remains essential to the preservation of world peace. 5

**___ More research is necessary before the U.S. can deploy an intercontinental missile defense system. 3

**___ Financing of political campaigns with public funds is necessary to ensure equal access to political power for all citizens. 5

**___ Negative advertising, when actually based on a candidate's record, is a valuable information source to the electorate. 1

___ If an individual receives benefits from a union-negotiated contract, it is fair for government to require him to pay union dues. (Question not quite clear, is it asking about union pay scales or union dues alone?) 5

___ Federal workers should be allowed to run for public office, participate in political races, and raise money for partisan candidates. 5

___ Mandated sensitivity courses should be required to ensure that children reject racism. 5

___ Clear-cut harvesting of forests in the United State should be prohibited by law. 5

___ Since abortion is primarily a question of a woman's control of her own body, she should have the right to an abortion. 4

___ Animal testing of products - even for medical purposes - is inhumane and should be prohibited by law. 5

___ Mandatory drug testing is an appropriate policy for some types of employment. 5 x 5 x 5 x 5

___ In general, criminal sentencing in this country is too lenient. 5

mediahasyou
07-19-2009, 08:54 PM
Does it matter what Ron Paul thinks?

Reflect for a second and think about YOUR principles.

This might help if you value the principle of nonviolence and voluntary interactions:
For every government action, refraise the question being asked: "Is it right to use violence to enforce.....?"

Kludge
07-19-2009, 08:54 PM
Using a scale of 1-5, please indicate how you feel about the following public policy issues

Giving "I am Ron Paul" new meaning.

jbrace
07-20-2009, 03:26 PM
Giving "I am Ron Paul" new meaning.

I'm asking these because I dont not know. I'm looking to intern for him next summer. I want to know his views and why he chose them so I can make my own decision on them. I just couldn't find anything on them and was hoping someone around here would know.

erowe1
07-20-2009, 03:58 PM
I'm asking these because I dont not know. I'm looking to intern for him next summer. I want to know his views and why he chose them so I can make my own decision on them. I just couldn't find anything on them and was hoping someone around here would know.

So are you asking for our views or his views?

torchbearer
07-20-2009, 04:00 PM
So are you asking for our views or his views?

our perception of his views?

erowe1
07-20-2009, 04:04 PM

**_5_ A strong American nuclear force remains essential to the preservation of world peace.

**_5_ More research is necessary before the U.S. can deploy an intercontinental missile defense system..
**_5_ Financing of political campaigns with public funds is necessary to ensure equal access to political power for all citizens.

**_1_ Negative advertising, when actually based on a candidate's record, is a valuable information source to the electorate.

_5_ If an individual receives benefits from a union-negotiated contract, it is fair for government to require him to pay union dues.

_1_ Federal workers should be allowed to run for public office, participate in political races, and raise money for partisan candidates.

_5_ Mandated sensitivity courses should be required to ensure that children reject racism.

_5_ Clear-cut harvesting of forests in the United State should be prohibited by law.

_5_ Since abortion is primarily a question of a woman's control of her own body, she should have the right to an abortion.

_5_ Animal testing of products - even for medical purposes - is inhumane and should be prohibited by law.

N/A Mandatory drug testing is an appropriate policy for some types of employment.

N/A In general, criminal sentencing in this country is too lenient.

Those are just my guesses at RP's position. He has plenty of stuff out there you can read in his own words (not actually his own words, but put out in his name). So you can check for yourself. I put N/A on issues that don't pertain to federal law, but rather to decisions for private businesses or states to make on their own, since RP would not support federal legislation either forcing states and private businesses to implement those things nor prohibiting them from implementing them.