PDA

View Full Version : Have Only CASH - How can I give...

ghemminger
09-25-2007, 10:59 AM
Whats the best way if we only have cash???

And if I have $400 for groceries this week and half - anyway to put food and gas off for a week and half?:)

RP08
09-25-2007, 11:09 AM
Whats the best way if we only have cash???

And if I have $400 for groceries this week and half - anyway to put food and gas off for a week and half?:)

1: Good question. I don't have the best answer. You could open a local bank account and get a debit Visa/Mastercard to use. Not sure if you can get that on the spot though. If you already have a debit Visa/MC with a local bank, you could deposit your cash and use the card right away.

2: Ramen baby! Several times already I've sacrificed my "lunch money" for a week to donate to the campaign or people's projects from here on the forum. It's surprising how much is spent on simple pleasures.

Good luck!

ghemminger
09-25-2007, 11:10 AM
Thanks! This is a really Post for all the CASH ONLY RP supporters!

ARealConservative
09-25-2007, 11:11 AM
convert your cash into a money order, then mail it to campaign HQ.

Kregener
09-25-2007, 11:13 AM
Do not donate if it means your family cannot eat or you will not have gas to get to work.

Ron Paul would not want you to.

constituent
09-25-2007, 11:25 AM
wal-mart sales pre-paid debit cards.

fsk
09-25-2007, 11:48 AM
I agree with Kregener. If your finances are that tight, don't donate money.

Instead, donate time by promoting Ron Paul in person. I'm sure there are relevant meetup groups near where you live.

Wendi
09-25-2007, 12:13 PM
I'm going to answer the second half of your question first - DON'T. Go to http://ronpaul.meetup.com and put in your zip code. Find a local group and ask them how you can contribute time, rather than money.

As for donating if you only have cash... Get a money order from the post office or gas station (postal money orders are generally safer for you and easier for the recipient to cash, but I have a funny feeling a lot of RP supporters prefer the WU money orders :) ).

Corydoras
09-25-2007, 06:18 PM
Fry chopped onion(s). Throw in chicken bouillon cube(s). Add water and plain white rice. Cook for a while. Add chopped carrots. Cook until rice is semi-soft. Add chicken or turkey thigh(s). Cook until meat is done.

Richie
09-25-2007, 06:26 PM
They sell pre-paid debit cards in grocery stores and pharmacy's.

Marshall
09-25-2007, 06:53 PM
2: Ramen baby! Several times already I've sacrificed my "lunch money" for a week to donate to the campaign or people's projects from here on the forum. It's surprising how much is spent on simple pleasures.
Good luck!

Especially if ya get em wholesale. You can eat for a month on 30 bucks, but (I testify to this from experience), you won't take a satisfying crap and you'll feel rather constipated if you do this for 4+ weeks.