PDA

View Full Version : Cookiecutter strategy for the campaign

nayjevin
09-25-2007, 10:51 AM
Here's all we need to do, IMO:

1. Wear Ron Paul shirts everywhere, always, no matter what.
*** Get out and talk to people. If someone asks you about Ron Paul: ***
2. Carry literature everywhere to give them -- slim jims, liberty cards, flyers -- something that will get people to the official site.
3. For the internet savvy, refer them to www.ronpaulportal.com for more information
4. For the non-internet savvy, give them a DVD from www.ronpaulDVD.com
5. Put a bumper sticker on your car
6. Put a yard sign in your yard
7. Find your favorite Ron Paul video on YouTube. Email EVERYONE you know a link to the video. Ask, what do you think?
8. WHENEVER YOU FIND SOMEONE WHO ALREADY SUPPORTS RON PAUL, OR IS VERY INTERESTED: give them a bumper sticker, yard sign, and t-shirt. get their address and phone number, send it to them if you need to.

WE MUST MAKE SURE EVERY SUPPORTER HAS A BUMPER STICKER, YARD SIGN, AND T-SHIRT.

Early in the campaign season, the people researching candidates and finding Ron Paul have a very high likelihood of becoming meetup members. Now, the people finding out about Ron are much more likely to be just voters, without much grassroots motivation. THEREFORE MAKING SURE THEY HAVE THE BUMPER STICKER, T-SHIRT, AND YARD SIGN IS PARAMOUNT. More important than making sure they know about ronpaul.meetup.com .

SIMPLIFIED:

1. find a supporter
2. give them a bumper sticker, t-shirt, and yard sign.
3. REPEAT

===========
CASE IN POINT
===========

CASE #1 - THE CONVERT CO-WORKER
I bought 20 DVD's from www.ronpaulDVD.com . Took 5 to work, gave one to a cubicle mate. 'Sure, I'll watch it.' Came into work the next day -- she had donated $50 to the campaign -- and emailed her family. She's registering her daughter and boyfriend to vote.

1 DVD = 3+ votes & $50 donation (and I wrote 'pass it on' on the DVD sleeve -- so she's giving it to her parents)

CASE #2 - THE COVETED BUMPER STICKER
I helped set up a booth at a hippie festival for the reform of marijuana laws. we were right in between a voter registration drive and NORML (the national organization for the reform of marijuana laws). Reception was INCREDIBLE. We only had about 35 bumper stickers -- BUT THEY WERE GONE IN 1 HOUR. We had people come from across the park saying they heard we had Ron Paul bumper stickers. Once we ran out, we started taking names, phone numbers, and addresses to send them one.

DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THE VOTING POWER OF A HIPPIE. :) Seriously, this was the single most successful Ron Paul activity I have participated in. Imagine the cumulative overall effect of having just 35 more bumper stickers on cars over the next several months. Same with yard signs, same with T-Shirts. Let's get em out there, people!

constituent
09-25-2007, 11:07 AM
ronpaulportal is awesome nayjevin, you've done excellent work over there!

rmolly1
09-25-2007, 11:09 AM
Very good ideas! One thing I did for the people in my meetup group was but together folders for each person with 10 issues statements, 10 statements of faith, 10 of his stance on the war, 2 bumper stickers, a handful of business cards, 5 slim jims, and a few other articles.

I told them that I keep mine in my car and every couple days I have to get more supples to fill up my folder again! Honestly, anywhere I go, people get literature.

hopeforamerica
09-25-2007, 11:14 AM
Here's a fun story..... I had to get work done on my aging car. It is of course covered with Ron Paul stickers and even has a rally sign in the side window. When my husband went to pick up the car the owner of the shop asked "who is this guy?, I've been seeing the signs around the neighborhood." Well, my husband had a liberty card on him, and gave it to the shop owner. I'm going to stop by in a couple of days and see what he thinks of Ron Paul. If he agrees, we are going to leave him with a bunch of slim jims or whatever for his shop. :D

nayjevin
09-25-2007, 11:24 AM
ronpaulportal is awesome

thanks! the real good work is on the sites it links to. :)

Jojo
09-25-2007, 11:41 AM
Ronpaul portal is great, thank you! One stop ron paul shopping, I will pass it on!
At the moment www.ronpaulvideos.com is not working.. ls that supposed to be http://ronpaulmeetupvideos.com/ maybe? That is a great site too.

nayjevin
09-25-2007, 02:12 PM
At the moment www.ronpaulvideos.com is not working

working now, but thanks.

Thunderbolt
09-25-2007, 02:46 PM

nayjevin
09-25-2007, 03:14 PM
I direct all traffic to the Ron Paul library. It has the easiest way to get to all of the issues, and is clean and easy to read.

and is the most important 3rd party site built to date for this campaign, IMO.

i wish everyone were willing to read before they vote, but some need a simple youtube to convert.

but yeah, ronpaullibrary? what a great resource.

runderwo
09-25-2007, 03:30 PM
I agree on the hippie festivals, that was a great event :D

nayjevin
09-25-2007, 10:59 PM
One thing I did for the people in my meetup group was but together folders for each person with 10 issues statements, 10 statements of faith, 10 of his stance on the war, 2 bumper stickers, a handful of business cards, 5 slim jims, and a few other articles.

good idea