PDA

View Full Version : Our behavior when dealing with news outlets

LibertyEagle
06-03-2007, 05:27 PM
Recently, Chuck Muth's organization, Citizen Outreach, conducted a poll. He did not include Ron Paul because of his current low ratings. Apparently, a number of people sent him some unsavory email. First of all, I want to say that Chuck Muth has been a long-time supporter of Ron Paul and has written some VERY favorable articles about him.

I know the MSM is ignoring, slandering and/or twisting Dr. Paul's words, but when we respond with vitriole, we aren't helping the case any at all. I realize it is very difficult, believe me I do, but I think we all are doing our cause a disservice if we do not conduct ourselves with the same class and grace that Dr. Paul himself has shown.

"SURVEY SAYS!

With reference to the last unscientific "Survey Says!" online poll of News & Views readers asking their preference among the LEADING Republican presidential hopefuls, Fred Thompson was the favorite by a mile, garnering 49 percent of the votes cast. On the opposite end of the spectrum was John McCain, who didn't pull in a single vote. Not one.

Coming in second place among the candidates was Newt Gingrich with 10 percent, Mitt Romney with 6 percent and Rudy Giuliani with 4 percent. "Somebody Else" pulled in 31 percent, most of whom, based on the volume of hate emails I received from some his supporters, were voting for Ron Paul.

It's apparent from many of the rather abusive and insulting emails that most of those Ron Paul supporters are either not subscribers to News & Views or have trouble reading plain English. Many, for example, were completely unaware that I've been a big Ron Paul fan for many years now...long before many of them probably ever even heard of the man.

And the poll asked about the LEADING candidates. As Dr. Paul is running somewhere in the neighborhood of 1 percent in legitimate, scientific polls nationwide, he cannot, using any definition of the word, be considered a LEADING candidate in this race. Wish it were otherwise. Maybe if his supporters would stop whining and kvetching and do more to get people over to their candidate's side, he wouldn't be so far down.

But for all you Ron Paul fanatics out there still foaming at the mouth that I didn't include him in the last survey, here's your chance to strut your stuff. The following new Survey Says! question is now posted on our website. Knock yourselves out...

Of all the announced and possible Republican presidential candidates for 2008, who is your preference?

* Ron Paul
* Somebody Else

Cast your vote on the "Survey Says!" page at www.citizenoutreach.com"

lynnf
06-03-2007, 05:37 PM
Survey:
"Of all the announced and possible Republican presidential candidates for 2008, who is your preference?

* Ron Paul
* Somebody Else

Cast your vote on the "Survey Says!" page at www.citizenoutreach.com"

When I looked, Ron was losing, like 48% to 52%. Where are you all?

Lynn

joeu
06-03-2007, 05:40 PM
I just voted....

IrrigatedPancake
06-03-2007, 07:12 PM
when things like this happen, maybe it would be helpful to send "apology" petitions to people who end up getting harassed so they can see how much of the community does not approve of what happened to them vs how many emails they got.

DjLoTi
06-03-2007, 07:27 PM
when things like this happen, maybe it would be helpful to send "apology" petitions to people who end up getting harassed so they can see how much of the community does not approve of what happened to them vs how many emails they got.

I'm just going to guess that they probalby just want us to leave them alone. Just my guess...

AlexAmore
06-03-2007, 07:36 PM
What an ass imo. If he was a Ron paul fan then put his name up there for people to see, don't ignore him. And don't make a poll saying "leading candidates...".

Gee
06-03-2007, 07:37 PM
Seriously, anyone making an internet poll today knows who Ron Paul is. There is no need to spam them if he isn't on the poll, or spam thank-yous if he is. Nothing is worse than email spam (except maybe real-mail spam)...

Scribbler de Stebbing
06-03-2007, 07:41 PM
I did send him an email, certainly not hate mail, though I was complaining. Of course we should not be abusive or insulting, but we are within propriety to complain about RP not being included.

Revolution9
06-03-2007, 08:08 PM
Here we go again with the nanny state mentality ( Hillary territory). There are alot of young people involved in this who are totally ticked off with the MSM and internet sites that play games. We have peppered the youth in America with their lack of participation in politics and now they are interested..very, very interested...so.. They then fire up their email client and send off a snarly letter to some clown they instantly lost respect for after eading his crud. After all they have seen nothing but snarling and threats from these clowns for six plus years and they have had it.. They are calling them on their underhanded passive aggressive bullshite.

Good for them.. may their journalistic seats of written authoritarianism get hotter and hottter until they stop their shilling or run away with their pants on fire. May the gatekeepers whither and wilt before the steaming mass of conciousness coming at them like a freight train. May their neoconned knees buckle in abject terror that the scales are no longer tilted the way they prefer. My the crooks paying the shills who write the pieces that try to puppet string the American populace scatter like vampires at the dawning light of a Ron Paul Presidency and the oaken stake and hammer of The Rule of Law. May the Frothschilds and the Knockafellers pull their thinning hair out at the roots frustrated at their inability to STFU the People of America. They are now speaking. They are loud and proud. They ain't taking the slightest sleight sitting down..

And there are Ron Paul folks who want to chill this with a behaviour mod?? Why? Who are you? What authority do you act under to promulgate other supporters behaviour? Do what you must do to support the Good Doctor.. And let others do their thing.. You want to undo somebodies gambit?? Go play with the Rudy Romney crowd and trash the Hillary forums.. It would be easy..just tell the truth..She is a huge crook and there is alot of googling to nail her hide to the wall with.. If the newspaper and site shills want to play games they will whine and shiver while the gambit gets shoved back up their fundament. When a site blocks emails with Ron Pauls name in it and sends back a nasty auto-reply..then guess what?? They have been owned and threw all their toys out of the playpen. hahaha! We win..The numbers are proof. We must be relentless and scare the bejeezus out of the gatekeepers and shills. They will begin to question their loyalties soon enough.

Trust me.. I have asked my sons mySpace pals and him about this. Take a look at Ron Paul's myspace page and note the high percentage of young folks.. You ain't gonna rein them in. They will cuss you out for trying.. They are the ones who will fight a World War III. I can't blame them for being totally "crunk" and ready to battle tooth and nail with the media spinsters, frauds and liars. They know where this is heading unless a big sea change is made. The establishment would like nothing better than us to STFU and be Miss Manners.. That keeps the status quo and they have no worries about mobs of pitchforks and torches showing up at their masions in the middle of the night..metaphorically speaking.

Best Regards
Randy

FSP-Rebel
06-03-2007, 08:34 PM
Revo9, I totally know where you're coming from as I'm one of the younger folks that have my whole life ahead of me and will NOT tolerate people knockin my man to the bottom nor the media manipulation that is involved (which means I'll lose more money, rights, property, inheritance, etc w/o Paul). I mean, what RP supporter would host a poll w/o him in it? Bottomline, Muth just cares about who subscribes to his rag. What a surprise. And, you're right, the young folks get 'crunk' and make noise and we don't apologize for that. You can be classy and sassy at the same time. Although I didn't bother sending hate mail to Muth, my spirit is with everyone who did. What's right is right and what's wrong is wrong. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction As Scarface says, "all I have in this world is my word and my balls and I don't break em for nobody," and I'll add unless they're RP. So when some dick is tryin to pull a move over on the honorable Paul, I say let em have it. Just my 2 cents. BTW, how can a revolution happen w/o hurting some feelings?

Avalon
06-03-2007, 08:38 PM
He does sound like quite the jackass there and the second poll seems like a low blow. Anyway, I really don't think we can do much to stop complaints like he received. When the only candidate who stands up for the American people is ignored, attacked, and marginalized people are bound to be upset. Part of this movement is showing how politics is gamed and controlled in this country and for the first time since the 60's I think people are realizing that they do have a voice (on the internet) and in general power to change things for the better. As Ron says, people are waking up!

By advocating tolerance and respect (for all, including our perceived enemies) here we may be able to convince us (the grassroots) but don't think that that for a minute will keep the grassfire controlled; that our converts will read what we write here or even care if they did. Nor will they do the best job of stating RP's positions/intentions. We all must be willing to live with this fact.

Taking this from another perspective (assuming for a moment we do have this power to control all these people), what kind of harm do you forsee this having? Do you think this guy will attack Ron Paul or his positions because he got some angry emails from unaffiliated supporters? Or that he just won't write about Ron Paul because of the same? If anything, it seems to have helped Ron Paul because now this guy wrote an article saying how great he is and how motivated/angry his support base is.

And maybe he'll put RP on the next poll to avoid another deluge. :cool:

rg123
06-03-2007, 08:57 PM
Here we go again with the nanny state mentality ( Hillary territory). There are alot of young people involved in this who are totally ticked off with the MSM and internet sites that play games. We have peppered the youth in America with their lack of participation in politics and now they are interested..very, very interested...so.. They then fire up their email client and send off a snarly letter to some clown they instantly lost respect for after eading his crud. After all they have seen nothing but snarling and threats from these clowns for six plus years and they have had it.. They are calling them on their underhanded passive aggressive bullshite.

Good for them.. may their journalistic seats of written authoritarianism get hotter and hottter until they stop their shilling or run away with their pants on fire. May the gatekeepers whither and wilt before the steaming mass of conciousness coming at them like a freight train. May their neoconned knees buckle in abject terror that the scales are no longer tilted the way they prefer. My the crooks paying the shills who write the pieces that try to puppet string the American populace scatter like vampires at the dawning light of a Ron Paul Presidency and the oaken stake and hammer of The Rule of Law. May the Frothschilds and the Knockafellers pull their thinning hair out at the roots frustrated at their inability to STFU the People of America. They are now speaking. They are loud and proud. They ain't taking the slightest sleight sitting down..

And there are Ron Paul folks who want to chill this with a behaviour mod?? Why? Who are you? What authority do you act under to promulgate other supporters behaviour? Do what you must do to support the Good Doctor.. And let others do their thing.. You want to undo somebodies gambit?? Go play with the Rudy Romney crowd and trash the Hillary forums.. It would be easy..just tell the truth..She is a huge crook and there is alot of googling to nail her hide to the wall with.. If the newspaper and site shills want to play games they will whine and shiver while the gambit gets shoved back up their fundament. When a site blocks emails with Ron Pauls name in it and sends back a nasty auto-reply..then guess what?? They have been owned and threw all their toys out of the playpen. hahaha! We win..The numbers are proof. We must be relentless and scare the bejeezus out of the gatekeepers and shills. They will begin to question their loyalties soon enough.

Trust me.. I have asked my sons mySpace pals and him about this. Take a look at Ron Paul's myspace page and note the high percentage of young folks.. You ain't gonna rein them in. They will cuss you out for trying.. They are the ones who will fight a World War III. I can't blame them for being totally "crunk" and ready to battle tooth and nail with the media spinsters, frauds and liars. They know where this is heading unless a big sea change is made. The establishment would like nothing better than us to STFU and be Miss Manners.. That keeps the status quo and they have no worries about mobs of pitchforks and torches showing up at their masions in the middle of the night..metaphorically speaking.

Best Regards
Randy

I almost 50 and I agree miss manners is just what they want I do not condone swearing e-mail but enough e-mail to bring them to their knees as Howard would say I'M MAD AS HELL AND I'M NOT GONNA TAKE IT ANYMORE if we lay down and allow them to censor him they will!!! I WANT MY COUNTRY BACK!! We have to take it back we will not get Ron elected if we let them control the election. The powers that be have made their move They have no respect for Ron and they know he is running for president people in Australia know he is running for president. Now if anyone wants to lie down and take it they can but they know that Ron Paul is the hottest thing in America right now and he is still being censored so they are not going to stop doing it until we make them it doesn't matter if we have a million
You tube subscribers. You have to hit the media outlet in large quantities of thousnds and thousands e-mails till their server are feeling it Just my opinion

IrrigatedPancake
06-03-2007, 09:58 PM
I'm just going to guess that they probably just want us to leave them alone. Just my guess...

My concern is that some journalists might not be trying to ignore RP and aren't suggesting his supporters are "conspiracy nuts" just to deface his campaign. It's possible that enough of those who feel compelled to respond (probably more than other campaigns since RP has such internet support) to some articles and polls abut RP, come across that way to media people, who probably believe much of what they report. However that might be the only insight they get into who supports Ron Paul.

I'm suggesting a petition that we can all sign to present a fuller picture. It would be like a collective statement on behalf of the community members that signed. If nothing else, we could tell who did not understand and who was really just trying to attack RP.