PDA

View Full Version : I guess Bwarney Fwank isn't a total douche

muh_roads
07-19-2009, 09:44 AM
http://www.theadvocates.org/liberator/vol-14-num-11.html

http://ih.constantcontact.com/fs073/1102236309048/img/122.jpg?a=1102642356667

PEOPLE CAN MAKE THEIR OWN CHOICES: "We should stop treating people as criminals because they smoke marijuana. ... Announcing that the Barney Frankgovernment should mind its own business on marijuana is really not that hard. There's not a lot of complexity here. We should stop treating people as criminals because they smoke marijuana. The problem is the political will. ...there should be a small number of things that the government makes illegal, but the great bulk of human activity ought to be none of the government's business. People can make their own choices."
-- U.S. Representative Barney Frank (D-MA), interviewed in Esquire magazine about his new bill to eliminate federal penalties for personal possession of small amounts of marijuana.

It's amazing how sometimes these people get it but then advocate for larger government elsewhere.

vegaspilot03
07-19-2009, 10:13 AM
no federal penalties for small possesions, so then does the state have to follow suit too?
I guess, my Q is, are most citizens barred from smoking the plant because of federal law only, or because of federal AND state law?

Reason
07-19-2009, 10:23 AM
spelling a congressman's name like that is amazingly mature.

newbitech
07-19-2009, 10:33 AM
no federal penalties for small possesions, so then does the state have to follow suit too?
I guess, my Q is, are most citizens barred from smoking the plant because of federal law only, or because of federal AND state law?

I could be wrong, but I assume most states adopt the same criminal code as the the Federal Criminal Code. There may be slight variations in verbiage and there may be some local or state customs that also come into play.

I would be willing to bet that if congress passed legislation that the president signed, that it wouldn't take long for state legislators to adopt the same laws.

disorderlyvision
07-19-2009, 11:33 AM
You guessed wrong