PDA

View Full Version : Newt Gingrich calls for "sabotag[ing]" Iran energy biz to bring down their government

Knightskye
07-18-2009, 03:45 PM
http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog.php?view=21684

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/americas/2009/07/200971023542914638.html

In an interview with Al Jazeera's Avi Lewis for the Fault Lines programme, Republican Newt Gingrich said targeting Iran's refinery would spark an economic crisis that would destabilise the government in Tehran.

He said the US should "use covert operations … to create a gasoline-led crisis to try and replace the regime".

"I think we have a vested interest, the world has a vested interest, in a responsible Iranian government, just as we have a vested interest in a responsible North Korean government," he said.

Is he trying to throw us off the scent of something else, or is he serious about this?

coyote_sprit
07-18-2009, 04:16 PM
And in 50 years they'll hate us even more then they do now and our dumb asses will still be questioning why they hate us...

Lovecraftian4Paul
07-18-2009, 04:29 PM
Headline should read "Newt Gingrich Promotes Terrorism." Isn't that what they call it when they claim rivals like Russia and China as well as rogue saboteurs are working to disrupt our power systems?

FindLiberty
07-18-2009, 04:49 PM
What's wrong with these people to even think of initiating an(other) overt act of war?
Why pick on Iran? Instead try that on Moscow (knock out their power) and see what
happens...

So, now we've got money to burn? cia not moving fast enough in Iran for ol' Newt?
Is Newt looking to create a situation that results in a large US city requiring all new
windows (in order to stimulate the glazing business)? Or, maybe Newt's just begging
for a section eight discharge in order to receive early retirement.

I could be over-reacting; perhaps Newt just bumped his head that comment fell out.

Happens to me all the time.

jkr
07-18-2009, 04:53 PM
puuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurick

Stary Hickory
07-18-2009, 05:24 PM
We could make them start a pointless war and waste trillions fighting it, they would be forced to go into debt and debauch their currency!

Sometimes I impress myself! Where do I come up with these great ideas?

james1906
07-18-2009, 09:07 PM
If Newtie puts gas back above $4/gal, the American people will issue a fatwah on him.

Knightskye
07-18-2009, 11:41 PM
Headline should read "Newt Gingrich Promotes Terrorism." Isn't that what they call it when they claim rivals like Russia and China as well as rogue saboteurs are working to disrupt our power systems?

Newt Gingrich the extremist. :D

He Who Pawns
07-18-2009, 11:42 PM
How much are the Israelis donating to Newt's "American Solutions"?

heavenlyboy34
07-19-2009, 08:58 AM
As usual, Newt is a bully-and too cowardly to do this himself. Perhaps he's trying to set new lows in terms of immoral conduct.

silverhawks
07-19-2009, 09:17 AM
And in 50 years they'll hate us even more then they do now and our dumb asses will still be questioning why they hate us...

With people like Gingrich in the corridors of power, I don't think the USA is going to last another 50 years. I have my doubts that we're going to make it past 5 years at this rate.