PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul practices civil disobediance!

MRoCkEd
07-18-2009, 02:29 PM
http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/rep.-paul-doesnt-plan-to-see-bruno-despite-cameo-2009-07-17.html

The two-time White House candidate, who raised more than twice what former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee (R) pulled in during the 2008 presidential primaries, said that instead of catching a flick, he is more likely to be riding his bike, something he called "my tranquilizer."

"I'd rather ride a bike in the rain than exercise indoors," Paul said. "I do it more for mental relaxation than for cardiovascular."

The notoriously libertarian Paul, who likes to say "Freedom is popular," doesn't bother with a bike helmet while he gets his exercise, though.

"It's inconvenient [for] me to wear a helmet regardless of the law. I don't wear a helmet. Even though if you asked me for medical advice, [I'd say] it's probably a good idea."

Matt Collins
07-18-2009, 02:53 PM
I remember in one of the videos created during the campaign Ron admits he is an exercise addict.

Paulfan05
07-18-2009, 02:59 PM
Hopefully he can stay fit enough for 2012, I would like to see McCain try and ride a bike lol

Lucille
07-18-2009, 03:06 PM
Dondero (I know) told a story about how when he was working for Paul, that Paul used to like to take him out on the rural TX roads and drive as fast as his car would go, without a seat belt, and he'd just laugh...

I love that story.

specsaregood
07-18-2009, 03:10 PM
Dondero (I know) told a story about how when he was working for Paul, that Paul used to like to take him out on the rural TX roads and drive as fast as his car would go, without a seat belt, and he'd just laugh...

I love that story.

Yeah, well IIRC dondero also claimed sometime during the campaign that RP's knees were so bad that he had to lift him up to get out of or into a car.

Kludge
07-18-2009, 03:12 PM
This sets a terrible example.

Think of the children!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2210/2125774215_659fb5bd23.jpg?v=0

MRoCkEd
07-18-2009, 03:15 PM
Yeah, well IIRC dondero also claimed sometime during the campaign that RP's knees were so bad that he had to lift him up to get out of or into a car.
Yet he rides a bike for miles almost every day? This doesn't add up. I smell a government coverup.

Knightskye
07-18-2009, 03:38 PM
I remember in one of the videos created during the campaign Ron admits he is an exercise addict.

YouTube - Presidential Candidate Shares His Vices (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX8DvivnBH0)

Lovecraftian4Paul
07-18-2009, 04:28 PM
Yet he rides a bike for miles almost every day? This doesn't add up. I smell a government coverup.

Yeah, from what I know of Dondero (which isn't that much), I don't put much stock in his stories. He's a neo-con who did work for Paul's Congressional office. I think Ron Paul described him as a "disgruntled former employee." That's about as apt a description as you'll find.

I'm also willing to bet Ron Paul doesn't really have knee problems, given his exercise, though I've heard that arthritis comes and goes. I've also seen it mentioned elsewhere that hand arthritis is more of an issue with RP, but who knows for certain other than the guy himself and his immediate family. It doesn't matter anyway. FDR was unable to use his legs and still worked hard at an advanced age to bring us big government and victory in WWII.

mediahasyou
07-18-2009, 05:18 PM
I wear a helmet for myself, not for the government.

Young Paleocon
07-18-2009, 05:41 PM
RP says fuck the poleece.....*Pans to picture of RP riding his bike past a police car giving them the finger*

Michigan11
07-18-2009, 05:45 PM
RP says fuck the poleece.....*Pans to picture of RP riding his bike past a police car giving them the finger*

Helllll yeah! LMAO..:D

Objectivist
07-18-2009, 05:48 PM
I don't wear a reflective vest when I do my run at 2am. Go RP!

satchelmcqueen
07-18-2009, 07:52 PM
i have loud exhaust on my bike and also dont wear a helmet.

Knightskye
07-18-2009, 11:39 PM
i have loud exhaust on my bike and also dont wear a helmet.

Are we talkin' motorcycle or an ace of clubs in between your spokes? :D

Standing Like A Rock
07-18-2009, 11:49 PM
In my town, its legal to not wear a helmet....

skyorbit
07-19-2009, 12:11 AM
Yeah, from what I know of Dondero (which isn't that much), I don't put much stock in his stories. He's a neo-con who did work for Paul's Congressional office. I think Ron Paul described him as a "disgruntled former employee." That's about as apt a description as you'll find.

I'm also willing to bet Ron Paul doesn't really have knee problems, given his exercise, though I've heard that arthritis comes and goes. I've also seen it mentioned elsewhere that hand arthritis is more of an issue with RP, but who knows for certain other than the guy himself and his immediate family. It doesn't matter anyway. FDR was unable to use his legs and still worked hard at an advanced age to bring us big government and victory in WWII.

If you read "Ron Paul: The Life and Times" it mentions he's had 2 knee replacements.

It's quite possible that Dodnarro's story is about BEFORE the knee replacements.

AggieforPaul
07-19-2009, 01:19 AM
I'm gonna use that answer next time I get asked my weaknesses in a job interview.

inibo
07-19-2009, 02:10 AM
Doooonnnnndeeeerrrroooooo!!!! (http://isilion.blogsome.com/dondero/)

We now return to our regularly scheduled thread.