PDA

View Full Version : Will ANYTHING Good Come of Sotomayor's Appointment???

BuddyRey
07-17-2009, 04:09 PM
Does she have anything in common with Ron Paul Republicans and libertarians? Civil liberties maybe, or foreign policy?

I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that this vile and odious collectivist's confirmation is pretty much a "done deal", so I'm trying to look on the bright side...assuming that there is a bright side to look to! :(

Lovecraftian4Paul
07-17-2009, 04:49 PM
Nothing. Her racism will lead her to destroy the civil liberties of millions.

BuddyRey
07-17-2009, 04:58 PM
Nothing. Her racism will lead her to destroy the civil liberties of millions.

Intellectually, I'm completely aware of that. But I'm trying to delude myself in order to stay in good spirits...and you're not helping!!! :D

Stary Hickory
07-17-2009, 05:25 PM
She is definitely racist....her preoccupation with race and her decisions to make judgments based on race show a lack of understanding of the neutrality of law.

I cannot see her doing anything good for this country. It is a given that she will violate her oath and not protect the rights of Americans under the constitution...but to do so along racial lines....well that is disgusting.

BuddyRey
07-17-2009, 06:04 PM
Guys, you're breakin' my balls here!

I'm dying for some infinitesimal nugget of good news. How does she feel about foreign policy? Drug policy? Civil Liberties?

Please, give me some reason to loathe this harpy slightly less!

Kludge
07-17-2009, 06:13 PM
She's a Latino woman, which will bring our country much Pride and Progress.

Millions will be inspired to become something worthwhile because there's proof they can do it.

Crime will be reduced, educational standards will need to again be raised by the Great State because everyone's over-performing, and everyone will be wealthier and happier because of it.

scrosnoe
07-17-2009, 06:17 PM
cannot find one reason for hope on this one and the worst of it is if they get by with her appointment, what do you think that bodes for the next one!

praying people pray

calling people call (email, fax, etc!)

rallying people rally

the outcry of "this is unacceptable" needs to be loud and clear on this one - there needs to be promised pain at the polls next cycle for a yes vote / the ethics issue alone should derail this confirmation!

in addition, i am not entirely satisfied with a no vote - these people on the hill all need to be rallying the american people about why it should / must be a no vote - where are the champions on this matter of the supreme court appointments. no one should be given a pass for lying and her entire life is diametrically opposed to her testimony!

special thanks to Larry Pratt of Gunowners of America (here's a link to a radio show (http://www.blogtalkradio.com/GrizzlyGroundswell/2009/07/16/CLC) I did with him the other day on topic) see archives lis (http://clibertyc.wordpress.com)t here also for more

here is an R3 grassroots alert on the matter (http://r3publican.wordpress.com/2009/07/16/grassroots-action-alert/)

Golding
07-17-2009, 06:45 PM
Guys, you're breakin' my balls here!

I'm dying for some infinitesimal nugget of good news. How does she feel about foreign policy? Drug policy? Civil Liberties?

Please, give me some reason to loathe this harpy slightly less!Souter is leaving the court. That's all I can think of.

ChaosControl
07-17-2009, 06:46 PM
A sooner demise of America meaning a sooner new beginning.

I don't know that that is really a good thing though...

Kotin
07-17-2009, 07:39 PM
no