PDA

View Full Version : Pat Buchanan Eviscerates Rachel Maddow on Affirmative Action

Epic
07-17-2009, 11:09 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/07/17/rachel-maddow-takes-on-pa_n_237146.html

Pat Buchanan owns Rachel Maddow on race-related topics and Sotomayor

LibertyEagle
07-17-2009, 11:32 AM
Maddow just seemed to be skipping over Pat's points. We should pick the most qualified PERSON; regardless of race or sex.

It makes absolutely no sense that she wouldn't agree with this.

Theocrat
07-17-2009, 11:39 AM
Maddow kept saying that we've had 108 out of 110 White Supreme Court justices in our history. She is the racist one for pointing out that they were/are White. Why should that even be a factor for judging whether a Supreme Court justice is good or bad?

I agree with Buchanan that Whites are the ones who are being discriminated against these days. It's so hypocritical, and it's blatantly racist. We should not appoint people to high offices in our land just because of the color of their skin. We should do so because of their individual merits and character.

Pennsylvania
07-17-2009, 11:47 AM
^ well said.

roho76
07-17-2009, 12:03 PM
As long as she's Latino is all I heard come out of her mouth. She just proved Pat right with her whole rant.

literatim
07-17-2009, 12:14 PM
Of course, by pointing out the discrimination against whites, Pat Buchanan is "racist". At least that is what I see from a bunch of posters on the net.

A Conversation About Race (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1084394769627714346&ei=DMFgSsnsK5iKqQKvw8Up&q=a+conversation+about+race)

InPaulWeTrust
07-17-2009, 01:05 PM
The main problem with Pat is, while I understood the point he made, he simply was not very articulate with it when he did not answer some direct questions posed by Maddow. This is probably why most think he is delusional and a dated old dog mumbling "racist republican" white arguments, people are unaware of the detrimental effects that such laws and "forced" integration causes. However Maddow is not right either, but Pat is closer to being right considering that affirmative action is a terrible law that does not create equality but rather EMPHASIZES race as an issue than the individual's merit. It's not a good argument for diversity, that should occur naturally, but because a company now by law must have this ratio of African American to Whites and Hispanics to Whites, they all of a sudden can claim to be a diverse company because they "meet the requirement". Now that's racist.

Freedom 4 all
07-17-2009, 01:57 PM
You don't have to be a Stormfront lurking neo-Nazi to see that AA is racism. It's hiring based on skin colour rather than merit. It also victimizes minorities in that it assumes they are inferior and need crutches from the State instead of suceeding based on their own merits.

jkr
07-17-2009, 02:18 PM
by her argument, we need 1 person of EVERY demographic (doing every job) on the sc...cant be less than 10,000.