PDA

View Full Version : Romney Edges Palin, Huckabee in Early 2012 GOP Test - No Ron Paul?

Dave
07-17-2009, 09:01 AM
Apparently Gallup has decided who they think the prospective candidates for president in 2012 are right now. Here's the results of their new poll:

26% Romney
21% Palin
19% Huckabee
14% Gingrich
3% Pawlenty
2% Barbour

I must have missed the news that Ron Paul has declared he won't run?

Huckabee has been to Iowa 3 times lately and Barbour headlined a big GOP rally here a few weeks ago.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/121715/Romney-Edges-Palin-Huckabee-Early-2012-GOP-Test.aspx (http://www.gallup.com/poll/121715/Romney-Edges-Palin-Huckabee-Early-2012-GOP-Test.aspx)

BuddyRey
07-17-2009, 09:06 AM
Who is this Pawlenty guy, and why is he so popular?

acptulsa
07-17-2009, 09:06 AM
15% He Who Must Not Be Named.

muh_roads
07-17-2009, 09:30 AM
Who is this Pawlenty guy, and why is he so popular?

He had a brief moment of popularity as he was one of McCain's VP picks before Palin was announced. Pawlenty earns the name "conservative" far more than Romney deserves it. MN had nearly a 3 billion deficit problem for the last 6 months and he didn't pussy around like CA is doing. He cut and vetoed until he got a bill that actually reduced spending.

FrankRep
07-17-2009, 09:32 AM
Apparently Gallup has decided who they think the prospective candidates for president in 2012 are right now. Here's the results of their new poll:

26% Romney
21% Palin
19% Huckabee
14% Gingrich
3% Pawlenty
2% Barbour

Looks like I'll be voting Libertarian.

Epic
07-17-2009, 10:39 AM
Yeah this is so much bullshit, I mean, RP was 3rd at CPAC 2012 straw poll, for heavens sake!

Liberty4life
07-17-2009, 10:48 AM
Just another way to make RP go away, they fear the power he represents, the people, this is so early that the only reason they are doing it is because of RP
Also this is more proof that the entire media is owned by the Shadows

coyote_sprit
07-17-2009, 10:49 AM
The future of GOP is it's new recruits and we account for about 40% of those new recruits.

ClayTrainor
07-17-2009, 10:53 AM
It's so obvious that the GOP is scared of us.

We need to find a way to capitalize on that fear, and use it to our advantage.

acptulsa
07-17-2009, 10:58 AM
It's so obvious that the GOP is scared of us.

We need to find a way to capitalize on that fear, and use it to our advantage.

Fear leads to irrationality. No help there.

If we can, however, keep circulating among them and talking reasonably with them, they'll soon wonder why the party leadership is trying to make them afraid of us. That's working in my county. This quickly leads to them questioning the motives of the people they elected. Plenty of help for us there.

So, we can't help ourselves by scaring the G.O.P. rank and file. But we can sure help expose the elite agenda by not being scary.

Liberty4life
07-17-2009, 10:59 AM
The GOP is fatally wounded, if they had a future, they would have nominated someone with a real chance of winning, but they knew, and so they sold America down the river knowing BHO would be president, real freedom loving Americans have no future with the GOP in fact the whole world of people have no hope with the GOP

ClayTrainor
07-17-2009, 10:59 AM
Fear leads to irrationality. No help there.

If we can, however, keep circulating among them and talking reasonably with them, they'll soon wonder why the party leadership is trying to make them afraid of us. That's working in my county. This quickly leads to them questioning the motives of the people they elected. Plenty of help for us there.

So, we can't help ourselves by scaring the G.O.P. rank and file. But we can sure help expose the elite agenda by not being scary.

Well said!

By capitalize on the fear, i didn't necessarily mean to find more ways to make them scared. :)

moostraks
07-17-2009, 11:07 AM

ha...are they going to go for a Barr like choice? I lost hope with them when they chose him.(I have a huge grudge regarding his stance on religion!) Wouldn't be surprised to see Palin float that direction along with her holy war crusaders of the new millenium. Seems they are promoting the set up here lately. :mad:

speciallyblend
07-17-2009, 12:41 PM
its a media poll and GOP republicans have no problem excluding Ron Paul from the polls, if they can. what do you expect, nothing new really!

as a republican nothing about that poll is making me rush to vote republican;) sincerely registered republican!

Liberty4life
07-17-2009, 12:45 PM
with emails and our opinion
Ron Paul has not declared he would not run, just that is a statement that he
will consider it.
Either they start including him in polls or Libertarian Americans will have to
conclude they want the status quo

Aratus
07-17-2009, 01:04 PM
Apparently Gallup has decided who
they think the prospective candidates
for president in 2012 are right now.

26% Romney
21% Palin
19% Huckabee
14% Gingrich
3% Pawlenty
2% Barbour

http://www.gallup.com/poll/121715/Romney-Edges-Palin-Huckabee-Early-2012-GOP-Test.aspx (http://www.gallup.com/poll/121715/Romney-Edges-Palin-Huckabee-Early-2012-GOP-Test.aspx)

if the votes for gingrich & pawlenty & barbour fold to either huckabee or palin, then what does this signify down the road for ex-gov mitt romney in future polls???

jkr
07-17-2009, 02:22 PM
No Ron Paul, NO GOP VOTE!

Athan
07-17-2009, 09:04 PM

You and the rest of us. Fuck the GOP. Looks like they need another lesson taught to them this election year.

james1906
07-17-2009, 09:19 PM
Why is media appointed darling Bobby Jindal missing from the list?

Bruno
07-17-2009, 09:22 PM
A 3rd party candidate worth his salt better appear or we are doomed to 4 more years.

specsaregood
07-17-2009, 09:24 PM
I have no cable or watch the news so somebody tell me. Are any of the fools on that list currently or over the past 6 months getting/gotten more air time --discussing real issues-- than Ron Paul?

Bruno
07-17-2009, 09:28 PM
I have no cable or watch the news so somebody tell me. Are any of the fools on that list currently or over the past 6 months getting/gotten more air time --discussing real issues-- than Ron Paul?

Absolutely not!

specsaregood
07-17-2009, 09:35 PM
Absolutely not!

That's what I thought.
Do any of them currently have any legislation that has been cosponsored by well over half of the entire House of Reps or Senate or similar body of government?