PDA

View Full Version : Maddow, Buchanan Spar Over Affirmative Action And Sotomayor

Steeleye
07-16-2009, 09:29 PM
Pat Buchanan rails against affirmative action on "The Rachel Maddow Show." Buchanan contends Judge Sonia Sotomayor's entire career is an example of affirmative action.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2009/07/16/maddow_buchanan_spar_over_affirmative_action_and_s otomayor.html

More like Rachel MadCow, amirite?

Thrashertm
07-16-2009, 10:04 PM
Dumb broad.

BenIsForRon
07-17-2009, 02:43 AM
Cool to see some actual debate though, instead of in depth analysis of what pills Michael Jackson took.

Edit: Well, they both set up quite a bit of strawmen, but it was still a debate.

jkr
07-17-2009, 06:41 AM
she didnt answer his last question...webefucged

tron paul
07-17-2009, 12:32 PM
Don't worry Pat, Sonia will go to the Court and make a fool of herself and by extension, affirmative action.

She insists on getting in over her head. So let her drown.

talkingpointes
07-17-2009, 01:17 PM
Where is Thomas Sowell when you need him the most? I don't think she can see beyond race based appointments, that seems to blur her decision making process and makes it an imperative to choose someone of color rather then merit. Generally speaking I find Maddow to be one of the least worst in terms of labeling and smearing but she really did it this time. Deep down she probably has a soft spot for Sotomayor and is sort of being vicariously represented here.

TinCanToNA
07-17-2009, 01:41 PM
Where is Thomas Sowell when you need him the most? I don't think she can see beyond race based appointments, that seems to blur her decision making process and makes it an imperative to choose someone of color rather then merit. Generally speaking I find Maddow to be one of the least worst in terms of labeling and smearing but she really did it this time. Deep down she probably has a soft spot for Sotomayor and is sort of being vicariously represented here.I agree completely. I guess everyone's principled stance only goes so far until it's personal.

I think that, just possibly, Sotomayor may be a net positive from the simple perspective that she will be an "inspiration" to many. If, say, a Latina girl gets inspired to become involved in civics because of Sotomayor, then that may be a good thing, so long as said girl ignores the social engineering thing...

This of course cedes that the current President could make no appropriate picks for the SCOTUS.