PDA

View Full Version : Amazing, Amazing Schwarzenegger Ad

He Who Pawns
07-16-2009, 09:24 PM
YouTube - Stand for California (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9-_4riRNbI)

Those of us who love our state here in California have been watching in total horror and shock as special interests, unions, and the democrats in the legislature have recklessly destroyed the future of our state.

Arnold abandoned us for several years, and almost seemed to give up. But in the last couple months, something has changed in him. He's turned around 180 degrees and is now ruthlessly forcing the democrats to slash spending. Already, they have been forced to slash close to 15 billion dollars, which is the largest spending cut probably in the history of the United States, if not the world.

I was at a car dealership today in the waiting lobby when this ad came on their big HDTV. Everyone there stopped and looked. At the end, one guy actually got up and cheered!

The Terminator is Back!!!!

MRoCkEd
07-16-2009, 09:28 PM
Get to the choppaaaah!

Steeleye
07-16-2009, 09:34 PM
Did you see his eyes at 0:39?

Rael
07-16-2009, 09:44 PM
bump

He Who Pawns
07-16-2009, 09:44 PM
http://i30.tinypic.com/2uomf09.jpg

Yeah that's the look at Arnie used to give to some of his victims in his action flicks.

Reason
07-16-2009, 09:55 PM
we shall see

disorderlyvision
07-16-2009, 10:00 PM
I am glad he is cutting spending and waste...I wonder how much his ad campaign is going to cost the state?:rolleyes:

Thrashertm
07-16-2009, 10:02 PM
1:36 in this clip would be the perfect ending music for Arnold's ad video
YouTube - Terminator 2 theme song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXQTzJgU6qc)

Working Poor
07-16-2009, 10:03 PM
while you are at it California why not vote out Nancy Pelosi

ForLiberty-RonPaul
07-16-2009, 10:11 PM
he's a liar and no good will come of him

Sean
07-16-2009, 10:13 PM
He's turned around 180 degrees and is now ruthlessly forcing the democrats to slash spending. Already, they have been forced to slash close to 15 billion dollars, which is the largest spending cut probably in the history of the United States, if not the world.

WRONG!!! The California Constitution and the Republicans in the Legislature are forcing the cuts. The Democrats and Arnold for years have bullied for more and more spending. There is a principled stand now taking place. The Republican legislators are not allowing tax increases and are forcing the cutting of spending. Arnold has wet his finger and put it to the wind. This is forcing him to change course from being one of the worst governators of all time. Without the California Constitution(tax increase require a super majority or two thirds forgot which one) the way it is you would have seen Arnold joining with the Democrats even today.

He Who Pawns
07-16-2009, 10:25 PM
To be more specific, it's actually John & Ken in LA who have put the fear of god into the GOP legislators, which has caused them stand strong against more new taxes. Arnold's veto threat is also powerful. Let's see how this plays out. Arnold might be able to redeem himself.

dr. hfn
07-17-2009, 07:48 AM
he increased spending how much?! He's a hypocrite

Original_Intent
07-17-2009, 07:56 AM
Did you see his eyes at 0:39?

I thought this was going to be a reptilian reference...

paulitics
07-17-2009, 08:18 AM
He's trying to reinvent himself like other big government authoritarian governors like Rick Perry- just sanctimonious rhetoric after the horse left the barn that they opened. These guys are worse than liberals, because at least liberals admit they want big governmnet, and you can debate them on issues. These guys are posers with a price tag on their ass for sale.

BuddyRey
07-17-2009, 08:54 AM
Remember what real libertarian theorists have been warning us of for years - that once the Republican tyrants were ousted from power and Democratic tyrants installed in their place, the cause of liberty, or at least its accompanying rhetoric, would "suddenly become very popular" among Republican politicians! ;)

The GOP is angling to viciously screw over the American people with their empty promises of small-government. It's 1994 and the "Contract With America" all over again!

He Who Pawns
07-17-2009, 08:44 PM
you people are clueless. a major politician like Arnold changes his ways, and you want to punish him???

LittleLightShining
07-17-2009, 08:51 PM
What's the breakdown of the legislature? Are there enough Dems to override a veto?

torchbearer
07-17-2009, 08:53 PM
What's the breakdown of the legislature? Are there enough Dems to override a veto?

no, they don't have enough votes.
they passed earlier tax hikes with the help of the gop. now the gop is saying no more, so nothing is happening until one side gives in... spending cuts, or tax hikes... or both.

Athan
07-17-2009, 08:55 PM
you people are clueless. a major politician like Arnold changes his ways, and you want to punish him???

I don't think punish is the right word. Skeptical is more accurate. VERY skeptical.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
07-17-2009, 09:05 PM
I don't think punish is the right word. Skeptical is more accurate. VERY skeptical.

not to mention what a politician who "changes his ways" really means.

Sean
07-17-2009, 09:14 PM

You want to reward someone for stabbing you repeatedly in the back? It is good that he wants to cut spending now, but he never again should be trusted by people who are for limited government and more freedom. That means he should not be supported for another term or in another major office. This is not a change of heart it is a political calculation.

This is also why people like Romney are considered conservative by a lot of uniformed people. He never governed as a conservative and then decides to run for president and reinvents himself to fool people. Stick with people that have a long record of doing the right thing and don't fall for PR BS.

james1906
07-17-2009, 09:24 PM
There's a reason I moved to Texas and other than my mom and In-N-Out, I haven't looked back.

akihabro
07-17-2009, 10:04 PM
He's almost as good as Obama at lying. I don't want to see his dumb commercial I want to see his head on a stick!

Charlie41
07-17-2009, 10:37 PM
I could be wrong. But it looks more like he's just posing for the next election.