PDA

View Full Version : P&G Scores in Tampon War

disorderlyvision
07-16-2009, 02:21 PM
http://blogs.wsj.com/law/2009/07/16/pg-scores-in-tampon-war-toys-r-us-suit-granted-class-status/

It turns out, though, there’s a long-running legal battle between Playtex Products and toiletries giant Procter & Gamble, whose headquarters in Cincinnati doesn’t offer tours to the public, the Law Blog was sad to learn earlier this year on our first visit to the land of Five-Way Chili.

Manhattan federal district court judge William Pauley III ruled on Tuesday in favor of P&G, repped by Kramer Levin, by denying Platex’s request for a preliminary injunction to stop P&G from boasting that its Tampax Pearl provides better protection and comfort than Playtex’s Gentle Glide. Here’s the story from AmLaw Litigation Daily.

It all started in 2002 when Playtex, now repped by Davis Polk, filed a false claims suit against P&G. The case eventually went to a jury in 2003, which returned a verdict in favor of Playtex, resulting in an injunction preventing P&G from making certain claims about its Tampax Pearl. But last year Judge Pauley granted a request by P&G to modify the injunction after the company had made improvements to its product.

Matt Collins
07-16-2009, 03:24 PM
My uncle is a biochemical engineer and holds the patent on the chemical used in maxipads and Pampers. He worked for P&G for many years and is a brilliant man.

That being said... I hope this war doesn't turn bloody!

Pauliana
07-16-2009, 03:45 PM
That being said... I hope this war doesn't turn bloody!

:rolleyes: har har