PDA

View Full Version : The Definition of Marriage

Reason
07-16-2009, 01:18 PM
http://www.americanprogress.org/cartoons/2009/06/img/060809.jpg

While I may have some sort of ceremony, I don't plan on bringing the state into my private relationship... ever.

TonySutton
07-16-2009, 01:26 PM
+1

heavenlyboy34
07-16-2009, 01:46 PM
lolz ;)

Optatron
07-16-2009, 01:58 PM
since the State and Church are not legally married, we cannot grant them the rights as married couples enjoy. But we can't stop them from sleeping with each other though!

erowe1
07-16-2009, 02:11 PM

While I may have some sort of ceremony, I don't plan on bringing the state into my private relationship... ever.

Good for you for making your mind up on that ahead of time. I hadn't thought this issue through when I got married, and we did get a marriage license. But I wish we didn't.

Todd
07-16-2009, 02:13 PM
I would make the Church the woman though since it's usually the one taking the rod from the state.

axiomata
07-16-2009, 02:14 PM
i like

ChaosControl
07-16-2009, 02:27 PM
+ 100

mediahasyou
07-16-2009, 03:23 PM
can i have a divorce with the state? can i leave this relationship without the state harassing me?

Sandman33
07-16-2009, 03:46 PM
OH WIN!

I had the same argument with my girlfriend a few days ago. She's almost 30 and has the baby rabies BAD...and she cant WAIT to get married...just yapping about it constantly like a goddamn Chihuahua....YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP

And I told her before I even started dating her that I'M NOT GETTING MARRIED. Yet SHE chose to ignore that and keeps dating me, wont leave me alone...like I'm going to just change my mind or something.

So I told her that I MAY...one day, If I met the perfect woman....have a marriage ceremony in a church and swear under God to take the vows.....but under NO circumstances will I EVER get a marriage license and involve the state into my love life....EVER.....NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

There's nothing in it for the man...NOTHING. All the man gets is ASSFUCKED hard and raw every damn time. It's like signing over half your shit and even your FUTURE to a woman that can leave and just clean your ass out.

Then I get this shit just the other day....

Her - I've been thinking....
Me - Oh FUCK....no...no dear God no. This is going to fucking SUCK.
Her - I want to get married with the state
Me - Well go marry the fucking state if you want, leave me the hell out of it.
Her - NO...I dont want to just have a ceremony and take vows like you said...I WANT TO BE RECOGNIZED!
Me - BY WHO?!?!!? WHO IS NOT GOING TO RECOGNIZE YOU?
Her - ......the state
Me - FUCK THE STATE! THE STATE IS CORRUPT AND BANKRUPT!
Her - Yeah but I want to be recognized...
Me - EVERYONE will recognize you, theres a ring on your finger, You're married.
Her - Yeah but...the state wont.....and what about MY benefits?
Me - Oh YOUR benefits??? Like what?
Her - I dont know....social security.
Me - Yeah...exacty...YOU DONT KNOW. You want the abiltiy to bend me over if we break up.
Her - I WONT DIVORCE YOU!....I'd NEVER LEAVE!
Me - YEAH RIGHT!!! Thats what ALL women say before they are married....Reality is something completely different, PEOPLE CHANGE and shit happens. If we divorce then its completely fair, you keep your shit, I keep my shit and the state has NOTHING to do with it.
Her - BUT I WANT TO BE RECOGNIZED!
Me - Forget it, This conversation is pointless, I'm done....goodbye.

Original_Intent
07-16-2009, 04:15 PM
OH WIN!

I had the same argument with my girlfriend a few days ago. She's almost 30 and has the baby rabies BAD...and she cant WAIT to get married...just yapping about it constantly like a goddamn Chihuahua....YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP

And I told her before I even started dating her that I'M NOT GETTING MARRIED. Yet SHE chose to ignore that and keeps dating me, wont leave me alone...like I'm going to just change my mind or something.

So I told her that I MAY...one day, If I met the perfect woman....have a marriage ceremony in a church and swear under God to take the vows.....but under NO circumstances will I EVER get a marriage license and involve the state into my love life....EVER.....NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

There's nothing in it for the man...NOTHING. All the man gets is ASSFUCKED hard and raw every damn time. It's like signing over half your shit and even your FUTURE to a woman that can leave and just clean your ass out.

Then I get this shit just the other day....

Her - I've been thinking....
Me - Oh FUCK....no...no dear God no. This is going to fucking SUCK.
Her - I want to get married with the state
Me - Well go marry the fucking state if you want, leave me the hell out of it.
Her - NO...I dont want to just have a ceremony and take vows like you said...I WANT TO BE RECOGNIZED!
Me - BY WHO?!?!!? WHO IS NOT GOING TO RECOGNIZE YOU?
Her - ......the state
Me - FUCK THE STATE! THE STATE IS CORRUPT AND BANKRUPT!
Her - Yeah but I want to be recognized...
Me - EVERYONE will recognize you, theres a ring on your finger, You're married.
Her - Yeah but...the state wont.....and what about MY benefits?
Me - Oh YOUR benefits??? Like what?
Her - I dont know....social security.
Me - Yeah...exacty...YOU DONT KNOW. You want the abiltiy to bend me over if we break up.
Her - I WONT DIVORCE YOU!....I'd NEVER LEAVE!
Me - YEAH RIGHT!!! Thats what ALL women say before they are married....Reality is something completely different, PEOPLE CHANGE and shit happens. If we divorce then its completely fair, you keep your shit, I keep my shit and the state has NOTHING to do with it.
Her - BUT I WANT TO BE RECOGNIZED!
Me - Forget it, This conversation is pointless, I'm done....goodbye.

I find it very very sad that our society has come to a point that marriage is even looked at like this. :(

To the OP: The state is flat chested and has big hips.

Sandman33
07-16-2009, 04:18 PM
I find it very very sad that our society has come to a point that marriage is even looked at like this. :(

I agree! I absolutely detest this society! I shouldn't HAVE to view marriage as a fucking DANGER to my future. Marriage is supposed to be a benefit...not a liability.

Danke
07-16-2009, 04:20 PM
The state is flat chested and has big hips.

http://politicsoffthegrid.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/hillary-clinton-bug-eyed-smile.jpeg

BuddyRey
07-16-2009, 05:54 PM
Good for you for making your mind up on that ahead of time. I hadn't thought this issue through when I got married, and we did get a marriage license. But I wish we didn't.

Forgive my ignorance, but are you saying that there are downsides to getting a state-recognized marriage?

Don't get me wrong; I never had the intention of getting a marriage license (if I were to ever contemplate marriage to begin with) but this would be even more reason for me to abstain from getting in bed with the state.

Reason
07-16-2009, 09:58 PM

what's wrong with big hips :confused:

Reason
07-23-2009, 11:49 AM
bump

Natalie
07-23-2009, 12:02 PM
has the baby rabies BAD...and she cant WAIT to get married...just yapping about it constantly like a goddamn Chihuahua....YIP YIP YIP YIP YIP

Sounds like someone else I know... ;):eek::o:rolleyes:

Natalie
07-23-2009, 12:15 PM

That is true (if your marriage fails anyway). My dad went bankrupt after divorcing my mom. He has to give her a fat check every week for another 15 years or something, plus she got to keep the house and the car and he had to move into a small apartment. She doesn't even has little kids at home, my brother and I are both grown, so it's not child support money or anything. It's outrageous.

RevolutionSD
07-23-2009, 12:37 PM

Good idea!