PDA

View Full Version : Outreach: the ia report - new website showcasing latest videos

RonPaulVolunteer
07-15-2009, 09:05 PM
Well, I never got the funding to create http://uPhre.com, so I am creating something much smaller and simpler that's a lot easier to manage. On this new site, you'll see all the most important videos of the day posted, and occasionally links to articles of serious importance. There will be an archive of important videos so you can educate yourself on many various topics. No original content like on uPhre, just links to other material.

You won't agree with every single video I post, but tuff luck. Start your own site :P

http://theiareport.com

RonPaulVolunteer
07-16-2009, 03:46 PM
Bump... Thought there'd be more interest in this?

tpreitzel
07-16-2009, 04:21 PM
You have some interesting videos which are not commonly seen elsewhere. However, I like the concept of Freedom Report better because it's quicker to glean information at a glance. Frankly, our movement is drowning in information. The real question is: What do we do with it? How do we reach the masses with such information? If we can answer these two questions, then we're well on our way to victory. Hopefully, my response hasn't totally discouraged your efforts, but I question the effectiveness of the effort. Since you're using primarily video, turn the website into a video repository for liberty issues of the day to which others can link as required.

P.S. Maybe, we can use more of these sites as intermediaries for efforts such as Freedom Report. Since you have an RSS feed, others have immediate access to your work. Work TOGETHER and we just might accomplish something. Hopefully, someone will take your work and consolidate it as appropriate. Hint... ;)

RonPaulVolunteer
07-16-2009, 04:34 PM
You have some interesting videos which are not commonly seen elsewhere. However, I like the concept of Freedom Report better because it's quicker to glean information at a glance. Frankly, our movement is drowning in information. The real question is: What do we do with it? How do we reach the masses with such information? If we can answer these two questions, then we're well on our way to victory. Hopefully, my response hasn't totally discouraged your efforts, but I question the effectiveness of the effort.

P.S. Maybe, we can use more of these sites as intermediaries for efforts such as Freedom Report. Since you have an RSS feed, others have immediate access to your work. Work TOGETHER and we just might accomplish something. Hopefully, someone will take your work and consolidate it. Hint... ;)

FreedomReport is great. the trouble is unless he makes money from ads, he won't keep it up long. I know how much effort it takes. It's why I never launched http://uPhre.com.

theiareport.com is to compile the latest and the not-so-recent but relevant vids. The aim is totally different to Freedom Report. When I release the archive, there'll be a single place you can send people to get an education on certain topics. I am also VERY picky about image, so you're not going to see much if any of the like of AJ on my site. Therefore it will be safe to send people that think AJ is a kook.

Yes, we're drowning in info, but the general population is starving. theiareport.com is designed to feed the masses. A place you can send people where they can sit back, watch some vids and learn what's really going on. FreedomReport is for us, theiareport.com if for them. So to answer your question, how do we reach the masses?, send them to the ia report.

And yes, we have an RSS feed so people can syndicate the content. The code on the page can be parsed if the really want to. I don't mind at all. I'd still love to create uPhre.com, but that would require someone step in and fund it, and that just ain't gonna happen.

tpreitzel
07-16-2009, 05:11 PM
As far as your average sheep watching hours of video, I don't think so. Your average sheep is pressed for time just like ALL of us which is why the Drudge Report is so popular, i.e. the "news" is current and the format is effective and readable. As the sheep are exposed to bits and pieces of the truth, then the sheep will go looking for greener pastures. We'll see how effective IA report is at categorizing and archiving information. Personally, you should use your time to act as an intermediate feed for a format like the Freedom Report. The internet is full of information. We need filters, consolidators, and distributors (feeds) for liberty-oriented material.

RonPaulVolunteer
07-16-2009, 05:42 PM
As far as your average sheep watching hours of video, I don't think so. Your average sheep is pressed for time just like ALL of us which is why the Drudge Report is so popular, i.e. the "news" is current and the format is effective and readable. As the sheep are exposed to bits and pieces of the truth, then the sheep will go looking for greener pastures. We'll see how effective IA report is at categorizing and archiving information. Personally, you should use your time to act as an intermediate feed for a format like the Freedom Report. The internet is full of information. We need filters, consolidators, and distributors (feeds) for liberty-oriented material.

What you're saying we should be, is what we are. :)

And I've been doing this a little while, 16 years, and I don't do anything that won't succeed. I know what works and what won't. And ia was actually born out of requests from my friends to create a site just like this. Trust me, it'll work.

And people want video, not links. People are used to watching TV. I am giving them an alternative channel.

tpreitzel
07-16-2009, 07:37 PM
Time has a way of revealing the naked truth. Personally, my friends want links and the shorter the better. ;) I wish you well with the effort.

t0rnado
07-16-2009, 07:51 PM
That's a nice design and you have some awesome video there, but you shouldn't embed them all on the front page because it'll take longer to load.

Feelgood
07-16-2009, 08:09 PM
FreedomReport is great. the trouble is unless he makes money from ads, he won't keep it up long. I know how much effort it takes.

Actually Im not in it to make money from Freedom Report. If I get enough from ads to cover the cost of the site, I will be impressed. My whole thing with Freedom Report is just to have another way to dessiminate information quickly, that relates to what we have going in our cause. I completely and freely admit to ripping off Matt Drudge's concept, obviously. :eek: It is however all my own code, so I dont think there can be any copyright infringement claims from Drudge. I have already created several macros to edit and update the site, as need be. If you actually saw how easy it is for me, you probably would be less impressed. :cool: The greatest effort comes from trying to decide what links to add, and what older links to remove. :D

At any rate, the one that was more difficult to maintain was the Ron Paul Archives. I just recently acquired the .com for that address, and as soon as I get the time, and find an even better web provider, Im going to re-launch that site. Perhaps, since you are into the videos as well, we can "collude" on that evdeavor? :)

RonPaulVolunteer
07-16-2009, 08:53 PM
That's a nice design and you have some awesome video there, but you shouldn't embed them all on the front page because it'll take longer to load.

It is very light actually. Is it taking long for you?

RonPaulVolunteer
07-16-2009, 08:55 PM
Actually Im not in it to make money from Freedom Report. If I get enough from ads to cover the cost of the site, I will be impressed. My whole thing with Freedom Report is just to have another way to dessiminate information quickly, that relates to what we have going in our cause. I completely and freely admit to ripping off Matt Drudge's concept, obviously. :eek: It is however all my own code, so I dont think there can be any copyright infringement claims from Drudge. I have already created several macros to edit and update the site, as need be. If you actually saw how easy it is for me, you probably would be less impressed. :cool: The greatest effort comes from trying to decide what links to add, and what older links to remove. :D

At any rate, the one that was more difficult to maintain was the Ron Paul Archives. I just recently acquired the .com for that address, and as soon as I get the time, and find an even better web provider, Im going to re-launch that site. Perhaps, since you are into the videos as well, we can "collude" on that evdeavor? :)

Sure we should work together. I have an RSS feed you can steal. I am the creator of the Ron Paul Video Podcast too. http://www.ronpaulvideopodcast.com/ It's non-functional right now, but I'll revive it when the time is right. It had 6000 subscribers at its peak. Most are probably still subscribed.