PDA

View Full Version : JULY 27th MONEY BOMB Site ONLINE!

G-Wohl
07-15-2009, 07:48 PM
www.schiffmoneybomb.com (http://schiffmoneybomb.com)

I need help finding a script for a pledge counter, and also could use help making some promotional materials.

Any other comments/insights would be great.

G-Wohl
07-15-2009, 09:22 PM
Digg it here: http://digg.com/politics/PETER_SCHIFF_MONEY_BOMB_JULY_27

G-Wohl
07-15-2009, 09:49 PM
Pledging has been added!

He Who Pawns
07-15-2009, 10:07 PM
G-Wohl , this is awesome. Thanks for doing this. My only suggestion to you is to make the site look a little bit more professional. Maybe there are some peeps here who can help out with that?

Remember, we are going to be spamming the shit out of youtube with links to this, so it needs to look very professional. The Schiff Bomb is perfect for spamming all over the net -- we can go crazy with this one!!

G-Wohl
07-15-2009, 10:23 PM
G-Wohl , this is awesome. Thanks for doing this. My only suggestion to you is to make the site look a little bit more professional. Maybe there are some peeps here who can help out with that?

Remember, we are going to be spamming the shit out of youtube with links to this, so it needs to look very professional. The Schiff Bomb is perfect for spamming all over the net -- we can go crazy with this one!!

I do not have a whole lot of web development experience. I'm a programmer, not a designer... I don't have the designer's eye.

I'm appealing for help everywhere I can. Any help that you, or anyone else, can offer is obviously very desired! :)

Frankly, I think a lot of the money bombs have had a very "grassroots" level of professionalism to them, similar to mine, that have been very successful. I remember the MLK Ron Paul money bomb as being pretty successful, and I modeled my site after that one. However, obviously, it should look as good as we can possibly make it look!

He Who Pawns
07-15-2009, 10:30 PM
Guys, G-Wohl, is asking for some help with web design. Who can help him?

jt8025
07-16-2009, 08:21 AM
Pledged

G-Wohl
07-16-2009, 12:30 PM
Spread around this video to promote the money bomb!

YouTube - Peter Scihff For Senate MONEY BOMB July 27 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCe0zOTvMcE)

MR2Fast2Catch
07-16-2009, 12:44 PM
Awesome. I just pledged and will keep spreading the word. Shiff4Senate!

G-Wohl
07-16-2009, 05:31 PM
Awesome. I just pledged and will keep spreading the word. Shiff4Senate!

Thanks man!

morran
07-16-2009, 11:30 PM
Nice G-Wohl

Btw, I accidentally noticed that the pledge script accepts blank form inputs.

G-Wohl
07-17-2009, 12:45 AM
Nice G-Wohl

Btw, I accidentally noticed that the pledge script accepts blank form inputs.

Yeah, it does. But I don't accept them ;)

DFF
07-17-2009, 01:14 AM
The bomb is BACK! :D

skyorbit
07-17-2009, 09:28 AM
Don't forget to promote Rand Paul's as well. Rand Paul needs a good $2 Million to get going.

http://www.runrandrun.com

G-Wohl
07-17-2009, 09:32 AM
Don't forget to promote Rand Paul's as well. Rand Paul needs a good $2 Million to get going.

http://www.runrandrun.com

Give me a break.

Why the hell would you try to undermine our efforts here by invading Schiff's territory to promote Rand Paul's fund raising? Rand is getting plenty of attention here. The implications of your post are rather startling, if you ask me.

Peter Schiff's getting next to no attention from Liberty Forest, and obviously he deserves a great deal of attention. His senate race would be by far the most important election of 2010 for us.

I'm all for people spreading the wealth, but do it sensibly. Rand Paul has a forum. Use that one. Peter Schiff needs more attention as it is - why further detract from what little attention he has here?

He Who Pawns
07-17-2009, 02:05 PM
We really do not need a beef between Rand and Peter supporters, because 95% of us strongly support both!!!

Let's strike a deal not to derail threads on either candidate. This movement is big enough to support both of these patriots!

ClayTrainor
07-17-2009, 02:18 PM
We really do not need a beef between Rand and Peter supporters, because 95% of us strongly support both!!!

Or Kokesh supporters ;)

Let's strike a deal not to derail threads on either candidate. This movement is big enough to support both of these patriots!

Throw Adam into the deal, and i'll certainly shake on that :)

erowe1
07-17-2009, 02:24 PM
Please don't take this for me being a spoil sport. I donated $50 to the Schiff campaign the other day, and I'm all for anything that will get more people to donate.

But I wonder if all these money bombs that keep happening are still doing anything other than getting people to donate on one day rather than another. I definitely think they worked for the RP 2008 campaign to make more total money. But when they're for lesser campaigns and when they're done fairly frequently (or at least it seems to me they are), so that they are bound not to turn any heads in the media, do they really accomplish anything? And one other thing about them that seems to me especially important is that to work at all, doesn't a money bomb have to be for a campaign that shows real-time donations? I noticed Schiff's website doesn't have that. I don't know if they will by July 27th. But if they don't, then will getting people to pick that date to donate really do anything different than just getting them to donate without respect to any particular date?

These are real questions for me. I promise I'm not trying to hurt the effort.

Also, don't get me wrong, whatever the case, a money bomb at least won't hurt anything (at least as long as it doesn't become something the opposition could use to show low support, but I don't this will be high profile enough for that to be a risk yet). But we might end up finding that the gimmicks that we'll need a new gimmick to accomplish in 2010 what the money bombs accomplished in 2008.

He Who Pawns
07-17-2009, 03:05 PM
Or Kokesh supporters ;)

Throw Adam into the deal, and i'll certainly shake on that :)

Nice try. Kokesh caused his own troubles by being less than honest about having a federal income tax case and possible prison time hanging over his head. You know damn well that I grilled him on that "Ask Kokesh" thread about any possible "illegal" or other activities that could undermine his campaign, and he failed to mention tax evasion. I support tax evasion, but it's death to a congressional candidacy.

Not to mention that Kokesh foolishly chose one of the WORST districts in the entire United States to run his vanity campaign. have you taken 5 minutes to look up the demographics in his district?? If Kokesh was a true patriot, he would take the 50K he raised and donate it to Rand or Schiff, and help to lead the ground campaigns in one of those two races. Kokesh needs to pay his due and accomplish something before trying to suck money out of this movement for a useless vanity race doomed to failure and possible federal jail time.

ClayTrainor
07-17-2009, 04:34 PM
Nice try. Kokesh caused his own troubles by being less than honest about having a federal income tax case and possible prison time hanging over his head. You know damn well that I grilled him on that "Ask Kokesh" thread about any possible "illegal" or other activities that could undermine his campaign, and he failed to mention tax evasion. I support tax evasion, but it's death to a congressional candidacy.

Not to mention that Kokesh foolishly chose one of the WORST districts in the entire United States to run his vanity campaign. have you taken 5 minutes to look up the demographics in his district?? If Kokesh was a true patriot, he would take the 50K he raised and donate it to Rand or Schiff, and help to lead the ground campaigns in one of those two races. Kokesh needs to pay his due and accomplish something before trying to suck money out of this movement for a useless vanity race doomed to failure and possible federal jail time.

blah blah blah, that's all i see.

Don't expect to receive the same respect, you ask for from others.

He Who Pawns
07-17-2009, 06:02 PM
blah blah blah, that's all i see.

Don't expect to receive the same respect, you ask for from others.

I only ask for logic and reason.

ClayTrainor
07-17-2009, 06:05 PM
I only ask for logic and reason.

and occasionally, i've seen you deliver it too ;)

He Who Pawns
07-17-2009, 06:21 PM
hehe. seriously, if Kokesh wants to be a hero to the liberty movement, he should return the money, or with permission give 25k to rand, 25k to peter, and show his leadership on the ground in those races, by helping rand or peter to WIN their races. if he did that, he would earn my respect, bigtime.

morran
07-17-2009, 11:59 PM
Yeah, it does. But I don't accept them ;)
Ok, nice :).

YouTube - video blog 071709 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPaWCSlfIOs)
New video blog by Schiff.

1,500 people have donated thorugh the online form if I heard him correctly.

I think everyone should donate right now at least 25$ or whatever the minimum amount is. You'll get it back if he doesn't run. Peter seems to be doing the whole preemptive donation thing mainly in order to see how much support there is for his senate run.

Maybe, instead of a money bomb, a promotional online campaign should be done just to increase peoples awareness of his potential senate run and his stances on issues, and to encourage folks to send in at least the minimum payment if they want to see him run. I think there's a lot of people who would support him, but aren't aware of the schiffforsenate site yet. Not many people watch his youtube channel; I personally found it by accident a week ago.

What do you guys think?

G-Wohl
07-18-2009, 12:53 AM
Maybe, instead of a money bomb, a promotional online campaign should be done just to increase peoples awareness of his potential senate run and his stances on issues, and to encourage folks to send in at least the minimum payment if they want to see him run. I think there's a lot of people who would support him, but aren't aware of the schiffforsenate site yet. Not many people watch his youtube channel; I personally found it by accident a week ago.

What do you guys think?

The Money Bomb will only help promote Schiff's campaign. At the same time, they have been proven to demonstrate an organized grassroots effort, and successful ones do draw in more money than would be the case otherwise.

The Money Bomb really can't hurt. Over 800 people have visited the SchiffMoneyBomb site, and our pledges grow at around 35 people per day.

We will have a few hundred people donating in one day at the rate we're growing. Do you realize that's a large percentage of the amount of donations given since the donations page went up last Monday?

What can hurt, however, is this vocal effort being brought against the money bomb, and Schiff's campaign in general. WE ARE NOT TAKING SCHIFF'S CANDIDACY SERIOUSLY ENOUGH.

I respect Kokesh and Rand to an extent, but we have to understand and comprehend the weight Schiff's senate bid has on our movement. I would ask that if people are maniacal enough to want to derail this money bomb, they do so privately. If they do want to see Schiff succeed, the least they can do is help in their own way while not causing more vocal negativity than is needed.

If you want this money bomb to do well, as I think a lot of us here understand the benefits this event can produce for us, then I ask nothing more than to pledge, digg, and spread the word.

Thanks guys.

skyorbit
07-18-2009, 06:43 PM

I hope so. Like it or not, it's going to be more difficult to raise money for 2 senate races then it would have been for 1. We all have limited funds. Because Rand's race is very definitely going to be the cheaper race, and therefore the most winnable, I want to make sure he gets what he needs.

I'm personally not donating to Peter Schiff until after myself and my wife have maxed out on Rand.

I'd much rather win 1 Senator, then neither of them getting elected because they're both short resources.

So, do what you want. I think Schiff's run will be a great educational campaign if he runs. But don't forget about Rands race.

Tracy

Eric21ND
07-19-2009, 04:54 PM
I hope so. Like it or not, it's going to be more difficult to raise money for 2 senate races then it would have been for 1. We all have limited funds. Because Rand's race is very definitely going to be the cheaper race, and therefore the most winnable, I want to make sure he gets what he needs.

I'm personally not donating to Peter Schiff until after myself and my wife have maxed out on Rand.

I'd much rather win 1 Senator, then neither of them getting elected because they're both short resources.

So, do what you want. I think Schiff's run will be a great educational campaign if he runs. But don't forget about Rands race.

Tracy
I think you overstate our "limited" budget. Ron Paul raised $20 million in one quarter!

G-Wohl
07-19-2009, 05:01 PM
We must remember how influential and wealthy Connecticut is.

Fairfield County and the NY Metro Area are two of the most important financial centers in this country, and the politicians that represent these districts have enormous power and potential.

I mean no disrespect for Kentucky, nor for Rand Paul, but Schiff's race is not only winnable, but extremely vital. Just because Rand has a cheaper race doesn't mean his win will be more rewarding.

Rand and Peter both stand for the same things, basically, but I want to stress the separation of their two campaigns. Rand and Peter should not associate, and their races should not cross paths. They should be separate entities existing with separate goals and contexts.

Imperial
07-19-2009, 05:57 PM
G-Wohl, I take it you contacted Hamer about their moneybomb efforts for Schiff?

G-Wohl
07-19-2009, 11:24 PM
G-Wohl, I take it you contacted Hamer about their moneybomb efforts for Schiff?

I did.

Have not received a reply yet.

jclay2
07-20-2009, 08:12 AM
Bump for another Pledge. I just donated $25 schiff4senate. We need to get the rest of the rp movement on board with schiff and fast. We need to build momentum. Once it begins, it won't stop. Schiff ftw!

jt8025
07-20-2009, 01:16 PM
I donated $25 today too. I am hearing two or three different money bomb days.

July 27th Gwohl
August 3rd Trevor Lyman
? Hammer

Can we get a set date?

jt8025
07-20-2009, 01:17 PM
Didn't mean to stir the pot but this needs to be unified.

CUnknown
07-20-2009, 03:08 PM
Let's do the 3rd.

MRoCkEd
07-20-2009, 03:10 PM
August 3rd

G-wohl needs to fix his thread

G-Wohl
07-20-2009, 07:24 PM
August 3rd is not the official date, guys.

But neither is July 27th.

Just hold on a bit longer - the official notice will be given shortly!

Jeremy Tyler
07-20-2009, 08:40 PM
Yeah I'm seeing 3 different ones, july 27th, aug 3rd, and aug 7th, aug 7th aving the most pledges with over 6000, so we need to figure this out.

MRoCkEd
07-20-2009, 08:42 PM
I guess August 7th, but I think Peter should decide and announce it in a vlog.