PDA

View Full Version : Get Out Of Our House!

fedup100
07-15-2009, 07:28 PM
http://goooh.com/Learn.aspx

Something I think this forum should get behind............

Mission

GOOOH stands for 'Get Out of Our House' and is pronounced like the word 'go'. It is a NON-PARTISAN plan to evict the 435 career politicians in the U.S. House of Representatives and replace them with everyday Americans just like you.

If you are tired of career politicians, GOOOH is for you. If you believe money has corrupted Washington, GOOOH is for you. If you believe politicians have too much power, GOOOH is for you. If you are weary of the death grip the two parties have on our government, and are ready to return control of our government to the people, then GOOOH is for you.

GOOOH is NOT just another political party. It is a system that will allow you and your neighbors to choose, among yourselves, the person who can best represent your district.

GOOOH is an evolving system and your input is requested. The questions are changing based on the feedback of members just like you. Participate in the forums, take the survey, and send us your thoughts. This is YOUR system. We will perfect it with your input.

GOOOH is a new system that will allow "we the people" to select true representatives, not choose between a Democrat and a Republican. If we continue to elect career politicians who represent their party, the special interests that fund them, and themselves, nothing will change. GOOOH is a non-partisan process that will allow us to effect the change we all know we need.

GOOOH will allow you to:

1. Help select your Representative - while being considered yourself
2. Hold your Representative accountable
3. Replace career politicians - with true representatives
4. Take the money out of the process

The GOOOH process allows Americans of every political leaning to participate in the selection of their District's Representative while being considered themselves. Through GOOOH's Candidate Selection Sessions you and your peers will select the candidate in your district who best represents your district's views. Even if you do not wish to become your district's representative you will want to participate in the process and have a direct say in who is chosen to represent your district. GOOOH will fund a single national campaign to promote the 435 candidates (one from each district) who are selected to run against the party politicians. Because GOOOH is a process for selecting representatives (not an agenda-based party platform) we expect a person left of center to be selected in San Francisco and one right of center in Colorado Springs -- but it will be up to the GOOOH members in each district to decide.

For GOOOH to succeed we will need at least 500,000 participants. We will continue to build our base of supporters until we have the participation we need, at which time we will begin our effort to have the GOOOH party added to the ballot in the 50 states and to select our 435 nominees. There are many variables involved in reaching this level of support, but we believe it is only a matter of time.

Originally, the founder of GOOOH proposed excluding lawyers, members of political families, and individuals with more than $11.5 million in assets (250 times the median income). They were not to be excluded because they are bad people, but because they are overly represented in government today and, generally speaking, no longer seem to represent the common man. However, based on input from our members, the Question Committee has voted to remove the exclusion of laywers and the wealthy. Instead, it has been decided that members of these two groups must simply declare that they are a lawyer or have more than $11.5m in assets in each Selection Session in which they participate. It will be up to the participants in each pool to decide whether or not that is of concern. We believe this change is indicative of the continuing evolution of the GOOOH system.

We hope you will join GOOOH today and help us take our House back from the politicians!

Copyright © GOOOH 2007
Donate Contact Us Join Terms of Use

libertarian4321
07-16-2009, 02:16 AM
"plan to evict the 435 career politicians in the U.S. House of Representatives"

They want to evict Ron Paul?

LittleLightShining
07-16-2009, 03:41 AM
I've been getting their newsletters for a while. I can't remember what it was but there's something on they're candidate survey form that rubbed me the wrong way.

raystone
08-30-2009, 12:34 PM
bump

MelissaWV
08-30-2009, 12:42 PM
Just my opinion but the acronym needs help. It reads more like "goo".

The mission statement also is fuzzy. I agree with the other poster that it sounds like the goal is to replace everyone, even those candidates we sort of like or representatives who do a good job. There is something to be said for experience. Electing an entirely new set of people is not going to be the answer to the wide scope of issues, and offers a grand opportunity for people in power to sneak one or two "whips" into play who will herd the newbies around to do their bidding.

The entire thing seems a little suspect, but that's my nature.

GOOOH is a non-partisan process that will allow us to effect the change we all know we need.

We will continue to build our base of supporters until we have the participation we need, at which time we will begin our effort to have the GOOOH party added to the ballot in the 50 states and to select our 435 nominees.

So... it's a non-partisan process that needs to be added as a party to the ballot.

I guess we're also not replacing non-voting Representatives, though those can participate in debate and still cast votes (so long as they are not deciding votes), as near as I can recall.

anaconda
08-30-2009, 01:10 PM
"plan to evict the 435 career politicians in the U.S. House of Representatives"

They want to evict Ron Paul?

Right. Shall we say we can start with 434?