PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Paul on "Doctor of Love" nickname -- "I'll bet my wife will like it..."

Knightskye
07-15-2009, 04:56 PM
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/sleuth/2009/07/ron_paul_the_free_love_yenta.html

Hehehe.

Roll Call newspaper reported on the Ron Paul love site in its print edition today, dubbing the congressman, who is an obstetrician and gynecologist, "Doctor of Love."

Paul's office declined to speak to Roll Call about the dating site, but he told the Sleuth he kind of likes the new nickname. "It's got a nice ring to it -- I'll bet my wife will like it better than 'Dr. No.' And, I've always been sympathetic to the slogan 'make love, not war.'"

Oh, and two CFL "activists" got married:

Just last weekend in Las Vegas, at a regional conference of the grassroots lobby group Campaign for Liberty, of which Paul serves as honorary chairman, two young activists who went to hear Paul speak met and fell in love. And then some.

According to Jesse Benton, the senior vice president of Campaign for Liberty, the lovebirds, Brooke Kelley and Chris Kopack, met at 2 p.m. on Friday and went to a Vegas chapel at 4 a.m. on Saturday and tied the knot. "We wish the happy couple all the best," Benton said.

:D

dannno
07-15-2009, 05:01 PM
www.ronpaulsingles.com

finally.

SLSteven
07-15-2009, 05:04 PM
According to Jesse Benton, the senior vice president of Campaign for Liberty, the lovebirds, Brooke Kelley and Chris Kopack, met at 2 p.m. on Friday and went to a Vegas chapel at 4 a.m. on Saturday and tied the knot. "We wish the happy couple all the best," Benton said.

"Freedom brings people together" -- to a new level

speciallyblend
07-15-2009, 05:05 PM
www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnymKLIopw0

IPSecure
07-15-2009, 05:50 PM
Oh Yeah!

:D

ladyjade3
07-15-2009, 06:09 PM
and Wonkette in 3...2...

MikeStanart
07-15-2009, 06:20 PM
Haha, I "love" it.

speciallyblend
07-15-2009, 06:26 PM
and Wonkette in 3...2...

say Hi to Dr Love for me;) kinda like Dr Love over Dr No! Does Ron Paul know Kiss made a song for him:)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnymKLIopw0

speciallyblend
07-15-2009, 06:28 PM
www.ronpaulsingles.com

finally.

i hear next is www.ronpauladultfriendfinder.com haha jj

0zzy
07-15-2009, 07:01 PM
It's almost embarrassing. I don't mind people falling in love, but getting married the day you meet? gee wizz.

edit:

rofl: they already divorced...

My Vegas marriage lasted 13 hours. I'm not sad about it tho. I still love him, but I've got two potentials waiting to see how things go. ;-)
https://twitter.com/theurbanhippe

sucks to be the guy :P

edit2:

http://restoretherepublic.com/latest-news/what-happens-in-vegas

Matt Collins
07-15-2009, 07:11 PM
Gag.... I'm gonna be sick

robmpreston
07-15-2009, 07:41 PM
Does she even have a job? She sounds like a wook, based off of her twitter.

0zzy
07-15-2009, 08:17 PM
Does she even have a job? She sounds like a wook, based off of her twitter.

I dono, but she seems to travel a lot and meet lots of people and have fun.
Wish I did that :[.
edit: without the whole ima-marry-someone-before-i-know-them-and-then-divorce-17hours-later type thing.

speciallyblend
07-15-2009, 08:34 PM
anyone that gets married in vegas deserves to get divorced! you got married in vegas wtf?

it is called get laid and married and then get divorced. sounds like a great vegas marriage!
sounds pretty normal to me. i am sure alcohol played a factor maybe?? or just stupidity!

all i can tell the guy is if a woman wants to marry you in one day or in one week. you should run and if you think you should marry in one day or one week. then you should run from yourself!

with all the crap he went thru. my question is did he at least get some loving on the short honeymoon?

Knightskye
07-16-2009, 10:32 AM
Our prenup was simple. He writes, “None of my stuff. Love Chris.”

Classy. :D