PDA

View Full Version : American Community Survey Act

tangent4ronpaul
07-15-2009, 04:14 PM
Urge your reps to support this!

Reps. Poe/Bachmann Introduce Bill to Simplify Census Survey
Legislation Limits Information Solicited

Washington, Jul 13 -

WASHINGTON, DC – Congressman Ted Poe (TX-02) and Congresswoman Michelle Bachmann (MN-06) introduced the American Community Survey Act to limit the amount of personal information solicited by the US Census Bureau.

The American Community Survey is a mandatory survey from the US Census Bureau sent out yearly to a random sampling of 3 million households. However, the current survey solicits unnecessary personal information. The American Community Survey Act would make the survey voluntary and only require people to answer four questions: a) name; b) contact info; c) date of response; d) number of people living or staying at the same address.

“After learning how intrusive the questions in the Census survey are, I feel that it is important that the Census Bureau stick to counting people and not intrude into the personal lives of the American people,” said Congressman Poe. “The primary purpose of the survey is to determine our population, not inquire how much you pay for your utilities, if you have emotional problems or if you had a job last week. This legislation will eliminate these types of irrelevant questions and ensure our right to personal privacy.”

Under the U.S. Constitution, a count of the nation’s population is required to be conducted every ten years. This is not only a legitimate purpose, but essential in order to apportion representatives in Congress and direct taxes,” said Congresswoman Bachmann. “But throughout the years, additional questions of a more personal nature were added so that the federal government could have more detailed information to make and implement its ever-expanding public policy. A lot of Americans – myself included – have real concerns about the ultimate protection of our sensitive personal information. I am proud to partner with my colleague, Representative Poe, on this important initiative that respects the American people’s privacy.”

Please click here to view a sample of the current Census Survey.
http://poe.house.gov/UploadedFiles/Sample_Questionnaire.pdf

SLSteven
07-15-2009, 04:18 PM
Please click here to view a sample of the current Census Survey.
http://poe.house.gov/UploadedFiles/Sample_Questionnaire.pdf

Are we actually required to answer all of those questions??

Steeleye
07-15-2009, 04:23 PM
Michelle Bachmann is a stupid whore, just like Sarah Palin, so anything she says or does is invalid.

Michael Landon
09-30-2012, 04:35 PM
I received this in the mail, any suggestions on what to do with it?

- ML

pacelli
09-30-2012, 04:38 PM
welcome back from the dead... 1 issue poster perhaps?

Anti Federalist
09-30-2012, 05:26 PM
I received this in the mail, any suggestions on what to do with it?

- ML

Throw it in the woods!

Professor8000
09-30-2012, 06:09 PM
I got one of those surveys in the mail during the census, didn't answer anything. Didn't answer the door when the census guy came knocking. They left me alone.