PDA

View Full Version : OT: How do you unsubscribe from CFL. no more calls or mailings?

Lord Xar
07-15-2009, 04:00 PM
A friend of mine just called me and asked "how do I get off the mailing list and have the calls stop?"

Apparently she gets a ton of mailings, and calls a few times a weeks. She wants it to all stop, so I said I'll get her unsubscribed.

BUT BUT BUT..

How do you do that? I do you get your name/phone/address OFF of the cfl list?

please advise. (I looked on their site to no avail)

Malachi
07-15-2009, 04:06 PM
A friend of mine just called me and asked "how do I get off the mailing list and have the calls stop?"

Apparently she gets a ton of mailings, and calls a few times a weeks. She wants it to all stop, so I said I'll get her unsubscribed.

BUT BUT BUT..

I called their office a few weeks ago and had them remove me....

I'm still getting daily emails.

Received some physical mail the other day...
:(

LibertyEagle
07-15-2009, 04:06 PM

BUT BUT BUT..

dunno. They have a phone number for them on their web site, as I recall. It'd probably be faster and easier to just call them and ask them.

Steeleye
07-15-2009, 04:07 PM
That's funny, I only get one or two mailers every few weeks and have only been called twice in the year or so since I joined.

LibertyEagle
07-15-2009, 04:08 PM
I called their office a few weeks ago and had them remove me....

I'm still getting daily emails.

Received some physical mail the other day...
:(

The emails were bothering me too, but I found a place in my C4L account profile settings, that I could set the email frequency. I changed mine to once/week. Voila. No more problem.

Malachi
07-15-2009, 04:11 PM
The emails were bothering me too, but I found a place in my C4L account profile settings, that I could set the email frequency. I changed mine to once/week.

Those don't bother me nearly as bad as the scare.. scare.. donate... scare.. scare.. donate letters from John Tate, of course sometimes there is a small letter from Ron mixed in with scare.. scare.. donate.

Just not into paying people to tell me when to call my congressman... I know when to do that!:o

ItsTime
07-15-2009, 04:36 PM
by law the emails must have an opt out button or protocol contained in them.

kahless
07-15-2009, 04:46 PM
I gave during the campaign and keep getting the mailings also. Did they spend the 5 million they had on-hand during the primaries already? I remember thinking they should have spent that on TV advertising during the primaries.

Bradley in DC
07-15-2009, 04:51 PM
by law the emails must have an opt out button or protocol contained in them.

Yup, raised that with Dr. Paul's office a long time ago. How sad that Dr. Paul--a champion of privacy--isn't well represented on that score.

AuH2O
07-15-2009, 04:54 PM
Yup, raised that with Dr. Paul's office a long time ago. How sad that Dr. Paul--a champion of privacy--isn't well represented on that score.

All of the C4L emails have an opt out option at the bottom.

And to be fair, he's also a champion of free speech.

LibertyEagle
07-15-2009, 04:56 PM
I gave during the campaign and keep getting the mailings also. Did they spend the 5 million they had on-hand during the primaries already? I remember thinking they should have spent that on TV advertising during the primaries.

The leftover money didn't go to the C4L. Everyone seems to just assume it did.

dannno
07-15-2009, 04:56 PM
Hmm, I only get a couple e-mails a week and a couple mailings or so each month. Haven't received a call in months.

AuH2O
07-15-2009, 04:57 PM

C4L did not get that entire 5 million, as I recall.

And direct mail is an overwhelmingly more effective marketing medium than television advertisement, FYI.

AuH2O
07-15-2009, 04:59 PM
Hmm, I only get a couple e-mails a week and a couple mailings or so each month. Haven't received a call in months.

Agreed. It seems to be like clockwork, 1 letter a month and maybe 2 emails a week. Doesn't bother me at all.

Bradley in DC
07-15-2009, 04:59 PM
All of the C4L emails have an opt out option at the bottom.

And to be fair, he's also a champion of free speech.

Sorry, I should have been more clear. The lack of a prominent privacy policy on the website is a glaring omission.

LibertyEagle
07-15-2009, 05:03 PM
Over the last 50 years, I've found that there are 2 kinds of people. Those who strategize, decide on a course of action and then work like hell to implement it, and those who choose to sit on the sidelines and take pot shots at the former.

ItsTime
07-15-2009, 05:30 PM
Sorry, I should have been more clear. The lack of a prominent privacy policy on the website is a glaring omission.

I never noticed that, to be honest I rarely go to C4L, I read the emails, and the snail mails.

There really should be a privacy statement somewhere.

I wish there was an opt out of snail mail, my household is getting two mailings, one for me and one for my fiancee, we dont even need one, never mind two. It would save them money not to send them to us anymore.

ItsTime
07-15-2009, 05:31 PM
Over the last 50 years, I've found that there are 2 kinds of people. Those who strategize, decide on a course of action and then work like hell to implement it, and those who choose to sit on the sidelines and take pot shots at the former.

You missed one kind of people. Those who take pot shots on people they think are taking pot shots when in all actuality it is constructive criticism. :eek:

Malachi
07-15-2009, 05:33 PM
You missed one kind of people. Those who take pot shots on people they think are taking pot shots when in all actuality it is constructive criticism. :eek:

Amen!

LittleLightShining
07-15-2009, 05:35 PM

Constructive criticism doesn't equal potshots. There are those of us who are putting an awful lot into making C4L effective in our local areas but are frustrated with the management.

eta Missed the posts after yours.

axiomata
07-15-2009, 06:06 PM
They need to have a way to choose what modes of communication you want to receive.

Especially physical mailings. They annoy most people and if people were allowed to opt out, but still receive email notifications, it should save C4L a lot of money, and keep more people on their rolls by not bugging them with junk mail.

LibertyEagle
07-15-2009, 06:09 PM
Constructive criticism doesn't equal potshots. There are those of us who are putting an awful lot into making C4L effective in our local areas but are frustrated with the management.

eta Missed the posts after yours.

True enough. But, they don't read over here, so they're not going to see any constructive criticism that is offered.

LibertyEagle
07-15-2009, 06:10 PM

Ha ha. Fair enough. :)

kahless
07-16-2009, 10:43 AM
The leftover money didn't go to the C4L. Everyone seems to just assume it did.

I thought I remember reading here it did. What happened to it? Is he saving it for a 2012 run or did he transfer it to keep his house seat?