PDA

View Full Version : Obama's healthcare plan question?

LiveFree79
07-15-2009, 03:24 PM
The premise of Obama's healthcare plan is this right?
Cost of $600 billion by taxing millionaires and companies. But those who have healthcare plans can keep them?

LOL..........am I dumb or are is this a double whammy for companies? I mean who the hell does Obama think is already paying for worker's healthcare? I mean don't MOST (not all) employers offer some sort of healthcare plan? Why don't they offer tax breaks for companies that DON'T so they can offer it to their employees? His plan makes zero sense. Plus with a high unemployment rate it's going to cost even more because people aren't working.

gls
07-15-2009, 03:33 PM
Yeah, they plan to finance it by raising taxes on the "rich". That should really help to turn the economy around! I mean, what multi-millionaire wouldn't want to work hard so they can give 60% of their money to the government? What else are they going to do, say 'screw it' and go live a life of luxury in some tropical paradise? We all know that could never happen. :rolleyes: Also if an individual can not afford the "affordable" health insurance, they'll be subject to a $1000 fine. How compassionate these Democrats are!

Thanks for getting this all started, Mitt 'Mandate' Romney!

Brian Defferding
07-15-2009, 03:34 PM
Yeah, once again the Democrats come out with a UHC approach and it falls flat. Unfortunately, given the amount of Dems in office, it might go through regardless this time.

State governments right now don't even like the House Democrats's proposal. It ruins their own state UHC's and makes their budgets more cash strapped than before. The Dems think eventually eveything will all work out and will claim that they put 20 million more under health insurance. It's unfortunately to know they'll put another nail on the budget and economic coffin in order to get there.

tmosley
07-15-2009, 03:52 PM
basically, it takes the amount that healthcare costs ow, and adds that much (actually, probably ten or a hundred times as much, government tend to have problems staying under budget).

HOLLYWOOD
07-15-2009, 05:08 PM
Of Course... it's just another way (Doesn't depend on the political party) to institute a mandate on the people in taking money from all. Remember, FDR stated that Social Security will never cost an American more than $300 a year. Look at it now.

In the 1960's the Medicaid/Care debacle is now into the TRILLIONS.

Those 1100 pages of the National Healthcare... were written in majority, by Hospitals and Insurance companies.

Nancy Pelosi is allowing 1 hour debate for each side on the TRILLION+ plan on the floor.

Thomas Jefferson is so correct: Democracy is the majority 51% Mob Rule over the other 49%.

We are screwed and all these multi-millionaires in Washington DC never have to worry. it's the middle class and small business that will be destroy... by another Roundabout way of CREATING INFLATION... we are closing in on $2 Trillion in covert INFLATION legislation in just 30 Days... then add the $787 Billion Shovel Shyt Act Inflation bill... Now we're up to $3 trillion this year and the people will pay with higher prices on everything. The HIDDEN TAXES.

Bailouts? Those will be paid by the consumer in higher bank/financial fees/charges/etc... another hidden tax induced by government.

The premise of Obama's healthcare plan is this right?
Cost of $600 billion by taxing millionaires and companies. But those who have healthcare plans can keep them?

LOL..........am I dumb or are is this a double whammy for companies? I mean who the hell does Obama think is already paying for worker's healthcare? I mean don't MOST (not all) employers offer some sort of healthcare plan? Why don't they offer tax breaks for companies that DON'T so they can offer it to their employees? His plan makes zero sense. Plus with a high unemployment rate it's going to cost even more because people aren't working.

LiveFree79
07-15-2009, 05:18 PM
But the market was up 250 points or 3%!!!!!!!!!!!! I see the recession is nearing it's end with that little fact :) LOL.