PDA

View Full Version : Bachmann VS Palin

tron paul
07-15-2009, 02:22 AM
Wonkette et al hate both Bachmann & Palin.:p

Both are trashed as neocon scum, female versions of Dubya Bush, dumb and violent.

Are we buying this?:confused:

We know Dr. Paul has been tutoring Bachmann;)

http://wonkette.com/408330/ron-paul-tutoring-michele-bachmann-at-fancy-lunches

And we know Palin calls controversial Republican presidential hopeful Ron Paul “cool.”
[“He’s a good guy,” she added. “He’s so independent. He’s independent of the party machine. I’m like, ‘Right on, so am I.’ ”]:cool:

So why the support for Michelle and the hate for Sarah?

Is it just because Sarah is seen as selling out to McCain?

Is it the perception that she is dumb?

What other myths that Wonkette et al spread about both Palin & Bachmann do we selectively believe only half way? :rolleyes:

RM918
07-15-2009, 02:31 AM
I don't trust either of them, but since I think Wonkette can go soak its head for all I care I guess I can't vote!

Kludge
07-15-2009, 02:32 AM
Wonkette occasionally gives us coverage.

Quit taking them seriously and maybe you'll be able to laugh at them as much as they laugh at us.

;)

tron paul
07-15-2009, 02:42 AM
I don't trust either of them, but since I think Wonkette can go soak its head for all I care I guess I can't vote!

Quit taking them seriously

hmm, i hoped the spazzy spelling of RuleZz would clue people in to the joke. oh well, just pick the least worst option. like at the voting booth :p

unfortunately, wonkette's snark jumped the shark after their hilarious blimp coverage. you could tell that under the sarcasm, they actually liked that silly old thing.

now they're just plain old ugly and mean, groping for straws to attack Palin & Bachmann, the two halves of the post-Paul GOP future.

it's not so much wonkette that needs calling out and attacking as the et al that take them seriously as a valid source of hate-the-hot-femaie-GOP-Bush-clones inspiration.

that's why tom woods, author of meltdown, took them apart in his recent article titled Establishment Chic:
http://www.takimag.com/article/establishment_chic/

emazur
07-15-2009, 07:39 AM
So why the support for Michelle and the hate for Sarah?

Michelle is in the process of being reformed and seems to be taking it seriously. If Sarah also does so, I will welcome her aboard, but when she says things like how the Iraq war was god's will http://www.politicsdaily.com/2008/09/02/sarah-palin-iraq-war-gods-plan/ and she panders to an audience like this:
YouTube - Misconceptions of Obama fuel Republican campaign - 13 Oct 08 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRqcfqiXCX0)
she can not be considered a freedom fighter. I'll give Obama one thing - when people shouted hateful remarks about the opposition at his rallies, he would say something like "now, we don't need that"

Cowlesy
07-15-2009, 07:41 AM
Say what you will about Michelle Bachmann, but I am very happy that she is seriously trying to learn about austrian economics and speaking out against tyranny (she did this on the House floor when speaking of the climate bill).

Karen De Coster wrote a nice piece about her that's on the forum somewhere.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=197132&highlight=coster

disorderlyvision
07-15-2009, 07:49 AM
I vote we have no more threads with Sarah Palin in the title.

Brian4Liberty
07-15-2009, 10:21 AM
A liberty vote in the Congress in never a bad thing!

Eric Arthur Blair
07-15-2009, 12:37 PM
The writers on Wonkette like Gawker are the people who thought they would be writing for the NYT or Washington Post after college, now the liberal press is dying they have no option but to spew their lefty vitriol on a trashy blog for peanuts. The hated Sara Palin pays more for a pair of shows than what they earn in a year. Sad bitter losers.

libertarian4321
07-15-2009, 12:46 PM
We know Dr. Paul has been tutoring Bachmann;)

I've been tutoring my dog, too, but sometimes he still craps on the carpet.

If you don't have good raw material, it doesn't matter how well the individual is trained, they will still be a mess.

Neither Palin nor Bachmann is good raw material. Neither impresses me as being very bright. Both have a tendency to shoot off their mouths without thinking. If you are looking for the "next Ron Paul," you ain't going to find it with either of these folks.

Perhaps Bachmann can be trained to most often vote the right way, just as my dog can be trained to not crap on the carpet most of the time.

But I don't expect much more than that out of my dog or Bachmann.

And Palin is utterly hopeless...

BTW, if you wanted to get an accurate feel for what people think, you should have left out the "wonkette" nonsense. A lot of people who dislike (or, more likely, never even read) wonkette may think Palin and Bachmann are both fools.

Steeleye
07-15-2009, 12:50 PM
Dennis Kucinich is so much better than both of them combined! LOL! Stupid bitches.

klamath
07-15-2009, 07:13 PM
I've been tutoring my dog, too, but sometimes he still craps on the carpet.

If you don't have good raw material, it doesn't matter how well the individual is trained, they will still be a mess.

Neither Palin nor Bachmann is good raw material. Neither impresses me as being very bright. Both have a tendency to shoot off their mouths without thinking. If you are looking for the "next Ron Paul," you ain't going to find it with either of these folks.

Perhaps Bachmann can be trained to most often vote the right way, just as my dog can be trained to not crap on the carpet most of the time.

But I don't expect much more than that out of my dog or Bachmann.

And Palin is utterly hopeless...

BTW, if you wanted to get an accurate feel for what people think, you should have left out the "wonkette" nonsense. A lot of people who dislike (or, more likely, never even read) wonkette may think Palin and Bachmann are both fools.

You expected a lot out of Obama:rolleyes:

Lovecraftian4Paul
07-15-2009, 08:32 PM
Palin hasn't done anything worthwhile except finish off MCCain's fail campaign. At least Bachmann has come out against the Fed.

Fozz
07-15-2009, 08:38 PM
I definitely like Bachmann better. She is smarter and Ron Paul even endorsed her in the last election.

ClayTrainor
07-15-2009, 08:40 PM
I definitely like Bachmann better. She is smarter and Ron Paul even endorsed her in the last election.

What he said!

Bachman is still a little too much of a warmonger though.

Fozz
07-15-2009, 09:32 PM
What he said!

Her foreign policy is a problem, but I think being strongly opposed to the Federal Reserve can counter that, because these wars would be impossible if the Federal Reserve gets any audit. If Thomas Woods and Ron Paul praise her, then she is definitely someone to support.

Sarah Palin, on the other hand, is outright foolish and stupid. She is a sellout, and I will never forget her of accusing Obama of palling around with terrorists (as bad as Obama is, those remarks were utterly ridiculous) and saying that the Iraq war is God's war. She would easily get shaped by the establishment and be another run of the mill neocon.

libertarian4321
07-16-2009, 01:57 AM
What he said!

She's not a warmonger, she's just doing God's work...

tron paul
07-16-2009, 05:23 AM
thanks for the votes and informative replies.

lots to think about!

acptulsa
07-16-2009, 07:15 AM
She is a sellout, and I will never forget her of accusing Obama of palling around with terrorists (as bad as Obama is, those remarks were utterly ridiculous) and saying that the Iraq war is God's war.

Has it occurred to anyone else that she accused the Democratic standard bearer of being a 'terrist', and now they feel perfectly free to accuse militia members (and anyone who ever sympathized with them) of being 'terrists'? She's perfectly willing to subvert substantive debate, demonize people in order to avoid it, and stand side by side with a neocon.

And I've had enough of that crap.