PDA

View Full Version : Peter Schiff needs a fundraising goal

muh_roads
07-14-2009, 08:51 PM
And a meter. It's all about the meter. :p

Rand Paul & Ron Paul got this down perfectly. It's more fun to donate when there are bomb dates, fundraising goals, and an interactive meter showing your contribution. It has a community atmosphere that makes donating fun.

Epic
07-14-2009, 09:00 PM
Question for people: Peter says it might take $20 mil total over the course of the race to win.

Is this a good investment? For example, Rand Paul is planning on just 2 mil for the primary. So that might be more cost effective. Connecticut is an expensive Northeast Power Elite state.

In the future, do you guys think it would be a good idea to target cheap states like Kentucky, Maine, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, New Hampshire, South Dakota, North Dakota, Alaska, Nebraska, Utah etc.?

Do you think we get more "bang for the buck" donating to Kokesh, Harris, B.J. Lawson or to high profile senate run like Schiff?

FSP-Rebel
07-14-2009, 10:11 PM
I think Schiff is popular enough and has been on tv enough to not need a whopping 20 mill. That's overkill if I've ever heard of it. Many RPers are dormant right now and I think that total is unattainable.

muh_roads
07-14-2009, 11:27 PM
How much did Dodd raise in the past?

FSP-Rebel
07-14-2009, 11:39 PM
How much did Dodd raise in the past?
Maybe a couple Mill... We have a primary to work though, but it still shouldn't cost over 5 mil for the entire race, with all the grassroots activists that will be involved.

Blueskies
07-14-2009, 11:39 PM
Dodd spent $6M on the election in 2004.

Given that, $20M seems like overkill. $8-10M seems more reasonable.

But Schiff is a smart guy, if he says $20M there are probably facts to back it up.

That said, its still worth it. Dodd is a well-know, well-established senator. If Schiff takes him down, especially running as an anti-establishment candidate, it gives him instant clout--much more than Rand would have. Think Highlander.

FSP-Rebel
07-14-2009, 11:41 PM
Dodd spent $6M on the election in 2004.

Given that, $20M seems like overkill. $8-10M seems more reasonable.

But Schiff is a smart guy, if he says $20M there are probably facts to back it up.

That said, its still worth it. Dodd is a well-know, well-established senator. If Schiff takes him down, especially running as an anti-establishment candidate, it gives him instant clout--much more than Rand would have. Think Highlander.
I still think Schiff is out to lunch on any more than 5 mill. Dodd is already in the tank and Peter polls along side him. I'm not trying to kill any donations for Schiff, but let's be realistic. 20 mill for Senate in little ole CT, stop.

gls
07-15-2009, 12:09 AM
I still think Schiff is out to lunch on any more than 5 mill. Dodd is already in the tank and Peter polls along side him. I'm not trying to kill any donations for Schiff, but let's be realistic. 20 mill for Senate in little ole CT, stop.

First he needs to win the GOP primary. Former Rep. Rob Simmons raised more than $750,000 last quarter. http://ctlocalpolitics.net/2009/07/08/simmons-rakes-in-750k-in-2q/

$20 million sounds high but I doubt Peter just pulled the number out of nowhere. After all, he did hire a political consulting firm to advise him.

literatim
07-15-2009, 01:35 AM
He is an underdog in the GOP primary and then he has to fight the establishment which can send Dodd a ton of money in his race.

I do think he needs a counter.

If he wins the primary, donations will pour in.