everything looked great, until this was on the bottom of the listing

"Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer"

so I guess I'm outta luck

speciallyblend
07-14-2009, 07:44 PM

so your trying to say because your white you cannot get a job. nonsense! did you even apply? or go to a interview? or did you just see that and assume??

this seems to be a cop-out!

Warrior_of_Freedom
07-14-2009, 07:46 PM
so your trying to say because your white you cannot get a job. nonsense! did you even apply? or go to a interview? or did you just see that and assume??

this seems to be a cop-out!

I've tried in the past and it never worked out, I guess I can still call the company up tommorow =p It's basically just being a customer service rep with dinky requirements like knowing how to use microsoft office and being able to type 40 words a minute (LOL?)

sparebulb
07-14-2009, 07:50 PM
You're not out of the running unless the ad says something to the effect of: minorities and women are strongly encouraged to apply.

Another bad sign is when an employment ad acknowledges that they are actively seeking an applicant with much less than standard qualifications for a particular field.

speciallyblend
07-14-2009, 07:53 PM
I've tried in the past and it never worked out, I guess I can still call the company up tommorow =p It's basically just being a customer service rep with dinky requirements like knowing how to use microsoft office and being able to type 40 words a minute (LOL?)

yeah i would go ahead and apply,never say never some places put that up to protect themselves as well!

you should be fine!

Objectivist
07-14-2009, 07:53 PM
Just do what all the Obama appointees do.. LIE!:cool:

Optatron
07-14-2009, 08:05 PM

isnt that the standard notice?

Warrior_of_Freedom
07-14-2009, 08:06 PM
isnt that the standard notice?
not with my last one

mediahasyou
07-14-2009, 08:13 PM
personally, i always withhold my race and gender on applications and forms whenever possible. that way i remain an individual and not part of a statistic that governments can use to justify racist actions.

UnReconstructed
07-14-2009, 08:23 PM
tell them you're kind of sorta part indian or something

satchelmcqueen
07-14-2009, 08:26 PM
lie about your race. what are they gonna prove? technically, we all have some kind of something in our blood nowdays. im almost positive im 1/17.2% black.

penguin
07-14-2009, 08:27 PM

I'm guessing your a guy so claim you are a transgendered lesbian and demand more money or you will sue.:)

speciallyblend
07-14-2009, 08:43 PM
I'm guessing your a guy so claim you are a transgendered lesbian and demand more money or you will sue.:)

haha made me laugh! he could tell them he is from trinidad colorado;)