PDA

View Full Version : 56% think people should be locked in jail if they don't buy health insurance

Epic
07-14-2009, 07:06 PM
http://www.gallup.com/poll/121664/Majority-Favors-Healthcare-Reform-This-Year.aspx

This is just ridiculous.

http://sas-origin.onstreammedia.com/origin/gallupinc/GallupSpaces/Production/Cms/POLL/mdilenfvleqp_easdr2zoa.gif

The government controls what insurers cover and don't cover.

So private health insurance is government controlled, and is mainstream medicine. For people who don't believe in mainstream medicine... they are being forced to purchase a product that they don't believe in.

bucfish
07-14-2009, 07:08 PM
How many think smokers, fastfood eaters should be locked in jail?

Warrior_of_Freedom
07-14-2009, 07:15 PM
wait a sec, they want to force me to buy health insurance just like car insurance(to drive, except this is to live??)?

Objectivist
07-14-2009, 07:18 PM
wait a sec, they want to force me to buy health insurance just like car insurance(to drive, except this is to live??)?

Yeah and they plan on fining you $1000 for not having government health insurance.

I'm either going to jail or they'll have to shoot me... I wonder how much gunshot wounds cost to treat?

Epic
07-14-2009, 07:18 PM

Yep. Government is forcing you to pay for services from a politically favored group. Now this is government/corporate tyranny!

Kotin
07-14-2009, 07:22 PM
hmm what a coincidence.. I think those 56% are fucking retarded..

Objectivist
07-14-2009, 07:22 PM
So if you worked at a car dealership and lost your job and barely have enough to feed your kids then the govmint is gonna haul you off to the gulag?

Personal Note: Buy more ammo.

Warrior_of_Freedom
07-14-2009, 07:40 PM
you know the way it is worded i think people were confused, since most of the voters were complete idiots, they probably think the poll question meant socialized medicine.

catdd
07-14-2009, 07:42 PM
Well those 56% can have their own country and do what they want. If you ask me, the battle line has been drawn.
Velvet divorce, anyone?

Warrior_of_Freedom
07-14-2009, 07:47 PM
Well those 56% can have their own country and do what they want. If you ask me, the battle line has been drawn.
Velvet divorce, anyone?

we can throw them all in kentucky :D

heavenlyboy34
07-14-2009, 07:58 PM
wow...Americans, according to this pole, are dumb as fucking rocks! :eek: :(

Brian4Liberty
07-14-2009, 08:08 PM
Those insurance companies have one hell of a marketing campaign...

JoshLowry
07-14-2009, 08:09 PM
I think these polls are bullshit. They are made up to form public opinion.

satchelmcqueen
07-14-2009, 08:15 PM
i highly doubt as many independents think that way.

Mandrik
07-14-2009, 08:17 PM
F*ck you, Frank!

catdd
07-14-2009, 08:23 PM
"Those insurance companies have one hell of a marketing campaign..."

What if everybody started doing it?

"Eat at McDonalds - or got to jail."

Dianne
07-14-2009, 08:24 PM
This entire scheme is made to insure that all small businesses will go under and those hugh corporations that support the military leeches in Congress will thrive.... i.e., what I heard tonight is that any business that does not provide medical coverage for their employees will suffer huge fines.

Well, I am a small business... husband, wife and child and we've been paying $1,150. per month for medical insurance for over six years now and never used more than $1,000. of it. So, what small Mom and Pop gonna be able to pay $1,150. per month per family? Without raising their prices about 500%? I bet Walmart can.....

So say goodbye to Mom and Pop... say hello to Walmart, Home Depot and Lowe's; cause what they gonna do after Mom and Pop are gone is be sure they hire only peeps less then 30 years old so their insurance rates are the lowest possible.... they gonna leech the system they have "purchased" from the croooks in Washington that are doing everything in their power to take you and i downnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.......

If you haven't figured out, you and I going down by the hugh corporations that own our government.....I don't know anything else to say. My advice, get a plot of land as far in the wilderness as you can... grow your own food, milk your own cows and maybe you can survive beyond this American middle class holocost.

micahnelson
07-14-2009, 08:30 PM
The poll didn't use the words "Locked in Jail". If it did, they wouldn't agree with it. So, that being said, we need to educate people to learn what "Required" means when the government says it.

Maybe you missed your calling, I hear Frank Luntz is hiring. You worded the article a certain way distorting the truth of the poll in order to get more views. It worked. This is why pollsters, news organizations, etc spin what they say. To get interest, reactions, etc....

Not to be a wet blanket, but we should be better than this.

Andrew-Austin
07-14-2009, 08:51 PM
Like Micahnelson said, I think most Americans are too dumb to know what is implicated by the word "required".

Andrew76
07-14-2009, 10:47 PM
Yeah, I have a strong feeling that the 1000.oo fine for not having health insurance - and mind you, you get the fine if you refuse to "at least buy into the affordable government plan" - will end up tanking once this already tyrannical bill is passed. If it does, I'm sure millions upon millions of others like myself, uninsured, will protest and tell the Feds to shove it. 1000.oo dollars my ass. You'll have to put me in jail. I can't even begin to describe how angry this makes me, and how much I want to meet the person(s) who dreamt up this awful idea. I'd certainly have a word or two for them.

heavenlyboy34
07-14-2009, 10:49 PM

Agreed. :cool:

Andrew76
07-14-2009, 10:53 PM
The poll didn't use the words "Locked in Jail". If it did, they wouldn't agree with it. So, that being said, we need to educate people to learn what "Required" means when the government says it.

Maybe you missed your calling, I hear Frank Luntz is hiring. You worded the article a certain way distorting the truth of the poll in order to get more views. It worked. This is why pollsters, news organizations, etc spin what they say. To get interest, reactions, etc....

Not to be a wet blanket, but we should be better than this.

Uh, you just vindicated this poster's point, ie: "required" by law, ultimately means that if you do not pay, you will be thrown in jail. I'm not so elitist as to assume that the average joe does not or cannot understand what the word "required" means, especially in a legal context. And while I'm no elitist, that does not mean that I'm not incredibly cynical. I'm sure, if that poll is at all accurate, that they answered truthfully.
Push any hardcore lefty about their views on health insurance/health care and be prepared to cry tears of frustrating anger.

silverhawks
07-14-2009, 11:03 PM
F*ck you, Frank!

EXACTLY what I thought when I saw this, Mandrik.

Polls are made up BS that only exist to push an agenda and manufacture public consent.

Reason
07-15-2009, 02:58 AM
the people will always get the govt they deserve

catdd
07-15-2009, 07:06 AM
Required means required.
Most likely those who balk at the requirement will be fined and if the fine isn't paid it will result in jail time.

acptulsa
07-15-2009, 07:09 AM
Ah, the tyranny of the majority. Ain't it wonderful?

Wow--I didn't know you were of Polish descent!

armstrong
07-15-2009, 07:45 AM
To many people think they deserve something !(hmm maybe we do deserve something since we been raped for so long by our state and federal agencies)
what happened to earning it?
I agree as in other posts, the "ABILITY TO EARN" AND" ABILITY TO AFFORD"products and services in this country is out of Wacke. key words here should be ability and afford ability not availability..just my thoughts here.

angelatc
07-15-2009, 08:45 AM
Required means required.
Most likely those who balk at the requirement will be fined and if the fine isn't paid it will result in jail time.

They'll assess it as an income tax penalty. So they'll keep your refund, or critically punish you with fines and penalties if you do not send it in by April 15th.

Brian Defferding
07-15-2009, 09:06 AM
This is why direct democracy doesn't work. People know what's best for themselves, but are idiots when they feel they know what's best for everybody else.

ChaosControl
07-15-2009, 09:22 AM
And people wonder why I oppose democracy. Sure you can call us a Republic all you want, but when the law is ignored to sell votes, it may as well just be called a democracy.

I don't give a damn what the American people want, what they want is totalitarianism, what they want is what has caused us to have this piece of crap government we now have. To hell with the average American's views.

Is it tyranny on my part to oppose people being able to vote in totalitarianism?

Anti Federalist
07-15-2009, 09:25 AM
Velvet divorce, anyone?

+1 to this

Anti Federalist
07-15-2009, 09:26 AM

+1 to this also

Anti Federalist
07-15-2009, 09:27 AM

+1 and to that as well.

kahless
07-15-2009, 09:52 AM
72% of Democrats , 54% Independents and 34% of Republicans are a cancer on society. It is time to start treatment.

Danke
07-15-2009, 09:55 AM

Poll: 73 Percent Of Americans Unable To Believe This Shit

PRINCETON, NJ–According to the latest Gallup Poll, conducted Monday and Tuesday of this week, nearly three out of four Americans can no longer believe this shit.

In addition to the 73 percent of poll respondents who described this shit as "beyond belief," 9 percent said they could "hardly" believe this shit, with another 5 percent "just barely" believing it. An additional 13 percent said they "couldn't give a flying fuck about the whole goddamn thing."

The poll also found that the National Shit-Credulity Index (NSCI) has hit an all-time low, with only 2 percent of Americans describing themselves as "fully confident of [their] capacity to believe this shit."

"The American people have had to deal with this kind of shit for years," Gallup Organization president Lee Sanderson said, "but now, for the first time, it appears that the vast majority of them just can't fucking believe it anymore."

"In all honesty, who can blame them?" Sanderson added. "Regardless of one's political affiliation, socioeconomic status, religion or just about any other viewpoint, you've got to admit, the shit that's been going on lately is way out of hand."

In the wake of the poll, many activists are calling upon America's leaders to get their shit in gear.

"The American people have had it up to here with this shitheap," said James Schuerholz, president of the D.C.-based Heritage Foundation. "There is a public mandate for our leaders to cut this shit out, and it's high time they finally did."

Despite Americans' incredulity over this shit, historians note that this sort of shit has been going on for years and is unlikely to end anytime soon.

"Contrary to popular belief, this type of shit is hardly anything new," Harvard University American history professor Lawrence Coombs said. "The same shit was going down 50, 100 and 150 years ago. The only difference was, back then, you never read about that shit in the newspapers."

Calling the American people's enormous shit-belief capacity "one of the cornerstones of our democracy," U.S. Sen. John Kerry (D-MA) stressed that it is the patriotic duty of all citizens to grant our leaders the benefit of the doubt with regard to their shit.

"If the American people are no longer willing to believe this shit, who will?" Kerry said. "Somebody's got to take this shit at face value. Otherwise, why are we even doing all this shit in the first place? I am truly saddened by the lack of faith that the citizens of this country are willing to put in my shit, as well as that of my esteemed colleagues. We must repair our society's fraying trust in the shit of our elected officials, or you would not believe the kind of hardcore, heavy-duty shit that will come down."

"America," conservative author and social critic Patricia Stouffer said, "is seriously losing its shit. But we've got to somehow hold our shit in place until all this passes. We've got to learn to believe in shit again. After this latest shitstorm, it may take years to accomplish, but we must somehow find the strength to put our trust back into the nation's shit."

Despite such impassioned calls for faith in the U.S. political system and all the shit that comes with it, if the Gallup Poll is any indication, the majority of Americans are no longer willing to put up with the shit.

"Fuck that shit," said Evansville, IN, day-care provider Helen Reiderer. "I'm tired of hearing about it. Do they actually expect us to still believe that load of shit?"

"If you ask me, the shit is about to hit the fan," said Reiderer's husband Frank. "As far as I'm concerned, all that shit is just too much to be believed."

Another disgruntled citizen, Wenatchee, WA, tractor salesman Tom Huard, summed up the sentiments of most Americans when, holding up the front page of the local newspaper to friend Benjamin Pritchard, he said, "Jesus, Ben, can you believe this?"

"Shit, no," Pritchard replied.

Anti Federalist
07-15-2009, 10:03 AM
Now that there is funny, I don't care who you are.:D

Poll: 73 Percent Of Americans Unable To Believe This Shit

PRINCETON, NJ–According to the latest Gallup Poll, conducted Monday and Tuesday of this week, nearly three out of four Americans can no longer believe this shit.

In addition to the 73 percent of poll respondents who described this shit as "beyond belief," 9 percent said they could "hardly" believe this shit, with another 5 percent "just barely" believing it. An additional 13 percent said they "couldn't give a flying fuck about the whole goddamn thing."

The poll also found that the National Shit-Credulity Index (NSCI) has hit an all-time low, with only 2 percent of Americans describing themselves as "fully confident of [their] capacity to believe this shit."

"The American people have had to deal with this kind of shit for years," Gallup Organization president Lee Sanderson said, "but now, for the first time, it appears that the vast majority of them just can't fucking believe it anymore."

"In all honesty, who can blame them?" Sanderson added. "Regardless of one's political affiliation, socioeconomic status, religion or just about any other viewpoint, you've got to admit, the shit that's been going on lately is way out of hand."

In the wake of the poll, many activists are calling upon America's leaders to get their shit in gear.

"The American people have had it up to here with this shitheap," said James Schuerholz, president of the D.C.-based Heritage Foundation. "There is a public mandate for our leaders to cut this shit out, and it's high time they finally did."

Despite Americans' incredulity over this shit, historians note that this sort of shit has been going on for years and is unlikely to end anytime soon.

"Contrary to popular belief, this type of shit is hardly anything new," Harvard University American history professor Lawrence Coombs said. "The same shit was going down 50, 100 and 150 years ago. The only difference was, back then, you never read about that shit in the newspapers."

Calling the American people's enormous shit-belief capacity "one of the cornerstones of our democracy," U.S. Sen. John Kerry (D-MA) stressed that it is the patriotic duty of all citizens to grant our leaders the benefit of the doubt with regard to their shit.

"If the American people are no longer willing to believe this shit, who will?" Kerry said. "Somebody's got to take this shit at face value. Otherwise, why are we even doing all this shit in the first place? I am truly saddened by the lack of faith that the citizens of this country are willing to put in my shit, as well as that of my esteemed colleagues. We must repair our society's fraying trust in the shit of our elected officials, or you would not believe the kind of hardcore, heavy-duty shit that will come down."

"America," conservative author and social critic Patricia Stouffer said, "is seriously losing its shit. But we've got to somehow hold our shit in place until all this passes. We've got to learn to believe in shit again. After this latest shitstorm, it may take years to accomplish, but we must somehow find the strength to put our trust back into the nation's shit."

Despite such impassioned calls for faith in the U.S. political system and all the shit that comes with it, if the Gallup Poll is any indication, the majority of Americans are no longer willing to put up with the shit.

"Fuck that shit," said Evansville, IN, day-care provider Helen Reiderer. "I'm tired of hearing about it. Do they actually expect us to still believe that load of shit?"

"If you ask me, the shit is about to hit the fan," said Reiderer's husband Frank. "As far as I'm concerned, all that shit is just too much to be believed."

Another disgruntled citizen, Wenatchee, WA, tractor salesman Tom Huard, summed up the sentiments of most Americans when, holding up the front page of the local newspaper to friend Benjamin Pritchard, he said, "Jesus, Ben, can you believe this?"

"Shit, no," Pritchard replied.

Working Poor
07-15-2009, 10:23 AM
:Dha

catdd
07-15-2009, 11:10 AM
"According to the latest Gallup Poll, conducted Monday and Tuesday of this week, nearly three out of four Americans can no longer believe this shit."

Which shit are they talking about? The poll shit, the shit they read in the newspapers, or the government's ongoing insanity shit?