07-14-2009, 03:39 PM
Winners Are:

Mrs.Joe you have won:

Animal Farm by George Orwell

Conza88 you have won:

How to Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie

Dreamofunity you have won:

Maestro: Greenspan's Fed And The American Boom by Bob Woodward hardcover

If you won: PM me your mailing address, and I will get them shipped off in the next couple days.

If you didn't win: Keep an eye out...there will be more.

Liberty Star
07-14-2009, 06:38 PM
A fine thread.

I have Carnegie book, good stuff.
Sad part is I don't find time now to read books, only thing I read lately is internet now and then.

I don't want to reduce chances of anyone who will actually make time for reading, but I like the spirit behind this thread :)

disorderlyvision
07-14-2009, 07:04 PM
A fine thread.

I have Carnegie book, good stuff.
Sad part is I don't find time now to read books, only thing I read lately is internet now and then.

I don't want to reduce chances of anyone who will actually make time for reading, but I like the spirit behind this thread :)

Thanks! A couple days ago a gave away Fountainhead and None Dare Call it Treason, both are in the mail on their way to the winners.

Normally, I would just put them on Bookmooch and trade them, but I figure some of the books may be of interest to people here, and I would rather them go to people on here. i will probably keep doing this as long as there is interest. I was kinda suprised more people didn't enter the last one, considering the books are free. I pay to ship them. But I only ran the last one maybe 24 hours. So I dunno we will see.

disorderlyvision
07-15-2009, 07:59 AM
No takers?

LittleLightShining
07-15-2009, 08:11 AM
I would but I just won!

disorderlyvision
07-15-2009, 08:37 AM
I would but I just won!

I'm not opposed to you entering again. Like I said I would rather them go to someone on here than to put them on bookmooch. Which one(s) are you interested in? Looks like you might have a good shot at getting another book:D

ClayTrainor
07-15-2009, 08:42 AM
Thanks for doing these contests DV.

Count me in again, i wouldn't mind a copy of any of the above 3 books :cool:

Conza88
07-15-2009, 08:46 AM

Would be awesome... Probs cross fingers for the first.. since It helps with networking etc... :o

disorderlyvision
07-15-2009, 01:00 PM
bump

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
07-15-2009, 01:15 PM
well since past winners are allowed to enter than please put me down for the how to make friends and influence peole book and the book on Greenspan.

ClayTrainor
07-15-2009, 01:41 PM
well since past winners are allowed to enter than please put me down for the how to make friends and influence peole book and the book on Greenspan.

That sure does look like a good book to read!

Dreamofunity
07-15-2009, 03:22 PM
Awesome thread.

Put me down for:

Greenspan

disorderlyvision
07-15-2009, 04:45 PM
glad to see some interest. i was begining to think noone here reads:p

I will probably let the entry period go until tommorow 7/16/09. I got some stuff to do tonight. so if anyone else wants in you still got a little time.

And I have already got a couple books lined up for my next giveaway, so keep an eye out after this one finishes. As long as there is interest i will probably keep doing these. I am a bibliophile, and have a ton of books (over 600) and I pick up dupes often to put on bookmooch (and now here). I appreciate this forum, so i couldn't think of a better group to share knowledge with.

Anti Federalist
07-15-2009, 04:51 PM
DV,

Love the idea, and I'd put my name in that, but I already have copies of everything you listed.

However, if you ever run into an extra copy of Unintended Consequences, let me know.

I loaned mine out years ago, never got it back and now it's out of print.

disorderlyvision
07-15-2009, 04:58 PM
DV,

Love the idea, and I'd put my name in that, but I already have copies of everything you listed.

However, if you ever run into an extra copy of Unintended Consequences, let me know.

I loaned mine out years ago, never got it back and now it's out of print.

I will keep an eye out for another copy.

Keep checking my giveaways though. eventually I am bound to post something you dont have.

Mrs.Joe
07-15-2009, 05:25 PM
im in for any of the three:)

Conza88
07-15-2009, 05:38 PM
Animal farm as well I guess :o

Imperial
07-15-2009, 06:02 PM
The Dale Carnegie book please. "How to win friends and influence people".

BudhaStalin
07-15-2009, 06:15 PM
Animal farm for me please

ClayTrainor
07-15-2009, 06:50 PM
I forgot to mention what books i'm interested in.

put me down for How to Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie, and Animal Farm

Liberty Star
07-15-2009, 11:01 PM
Thanks! A couple days ago a gave away Fountainhead and None Dare Call it Treason, both are in the mail on their way to the winners.

Normally, I would just put them on Bookmooch and trade them, but I figure some of the books may be of interest to people here, and I would rather them go to people on here. i will probably keep doing this as long as there is interest. I was kinda suprised more people didn't enter the last one, considering the books are free. I pay to ship them. But I only ran the last one maybe 24 hours. So I dunno we will see.

Just learnt about a cool new site, great idea. I have a whole bookshelf I can get rid off, good project for sometime in future.

YW and keep up the good work :)

Dreamofunity
07-16-2009, 01:43 AM
I'm excited about this, it's such an awesome idea.

disorderlyvision
07-16-2009, 08:10 AM
I'm excited about this, it's such an awesome idea.

does that mean you want entered? if so, which book(s)?

Thanks for the support.

I am going to end the entry period sometime this evening

Dreamofunity
07-16-2009, 12:34 PM
does that mean you want entered? if so, which book(s)?

Thanks for the support.

I am going to end the entry period sometime this evening

Awesome thread.

Put me down for:

Greenspan

I signed up already, I was just reiterating how awesome I think it is lol

disorderlyvision
07-16-2009, 01:20 PM
I signed up already, I was just reiterating how awesome I think it is lol

lol, I haven't made the lsit to throw in the hat yet, and I didn't look back over the posts to see if you had entered. my bad:o

---------------------

Bout 5 hours left before I close entry. around 8 pm central time. I will announce the winners shortly thereafter

disorderlyvision
07-16-2009, 01:22 PM
Just learnt about a cool new site, great idea. I have a whole bookshelf I can get rid off, good project for sometime in future.

YW and keep up the good work :)

If you sign up on BM let me know your screename and I will send you a friend request

disorderlyvision
07-16-2009, 05:40 PM
bump

deadline is going to be extended for a bit. I have to run to a friends and probably wont be back in an hour to do the drawing at 8. i will do it as soon as I get home though

yongrel
07-16-2009, 05:54 PM
What the heck, sounds like a deal.

Throw me in for Dale Carnegie's tome.

ClayTrainor
07-16-2009, 06:57 PM
bump

deadline is going to be extended for a bit. I have to run to a friends and probably wont be back in an hour to do the drawing at 8. i will do it as soon as I get home though

I hope i win! :D

t0rnado
07-16-2009, 07:08 PM
Animal Farm

It's Orwell's only book I haven't read yet.

disorderlyvision
07-16-2009, 07:43 PM
Just got home I am ending the entry period

disorderlyvision
07-16-2009, 07:59 PM
winners announced in OP

ClayTrainor
07-16-2009, 08:01 PM
Congrats to the winners!

I'll surely keep entering til i nab one of 'em ;)

disorderlyvision
07-16-2009, 08:10 PM
Congrats to the winners!

I'll surely keep entering til i nab one of 'em ;)

You gotta figure you got pretty good odds of getting one eventually :)

Odds on these books ranged from 1 in 3 to 1 in 7. better then the lotto;)

Dreamofunity
07-17-2009, 12:50 AM
Woohoo, you kick ass.