PDA

View Full Version : Army Major: Obama not US born, can't send me to war

FrankRep
07-14-2009, 03:26 PM
Soldier balks at deploying; says Obama isn’t president
Says he shouldn’t have to go to Afghanistan because Obama is not a U.S. citizen

Ledger Enquirer
July 14, 2009

U.S. Army Maj. Stefan Frederick Cook, set to deploy to Afghanistan, says he shouldn’t have to go.

His reason?

Barack Obama was never eligible to be president because he wasn’t born in the United States.

Cook’s lawyer, Orly Taitz, who has also challenged the legitimacy of Obama’s presidency in other courts, filed a request last week in federal court seeking a temporary restraining order and status as a conscientious objector for his client.

In the 20-page document — filed July 8 with the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia — the California-based Taitz asks the court to consider granting his client’s request based upon Cook’s belief that Obama is not a natural-born citizen of the United States and is therefore ineligible to serve as commander-in-chief of the U.S. Armed Forces.

Cook further states he “would be acting in violation of international law by engaging in military actions outside the United States under this President’s command. ... simultaneously subjecting himself to possible prosecution as a war criminal by the faithful execution of these duties.”

Cook, a reservist, received the orders mobilizing him to active duty on June 9.

According to this document, which accompanies Cook’s July 8 application for a temporary restraining order, he has been ordered to report to MacDill Air Force Base in Tampa, Fla., on Wednesday. From there, the Florida resident would go to Fort Benning before deploying overseas.

Documents show Obama was born in Hawaii in 1961, two years after it became a state.

A hearing to discuss Cook’s requests will take place in federal court here Thursday at 9:30 a.m.

SOURCE:
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/news/story/776335.html

Kraig
07-14-2009, 03:27 PM
Ass-backwards morals, but the results aren't bad.

rp08orbust
07-14-2009, 03:31 PM
Ass-backwards morals, but the results aren't bad.

Yeah, lol, "Obama doesn't have the authority to let me use a gun."

Sean
07-14-2009, 05:05 PM
Maybe he is protecting and defending the Constitution as he sees it?

Golding
07-14-2009, 05:57 PM
Yeah, lol, "Obama doesn't have the authority to let me use a gun."

Sounded more like "Obama doesn't have the authority to tell me who to use my gun against" to me.

lynnf
07-14-2009, 08:00 PM
Dr. Orly reports a win, Cook's orders rescinded, see her blog:

http://www.orlytaitzesq.com/blog1/

lynn

Sandman33
07-14-2009, 08:02 PM
Sounded more like "Obama doesn't have the authority to tell me who to use my gun against" to me.

Word.

I wish all of our soldiers felt and did the same.

lynnf
07-14-2009, 08:03 PM
Cook was ordered to report, I think it was for Afghanistan.
They caved! Cook no longer has to go!

http://www.orlytaitzesq.com/blog1/

It looks like we won already and not just on any day, on Bastille day
July 14th, 2009

I didn’t even need to fight, the administration blinked and showed it’s cards, actually they showed that they have no cards to play, as they immediately revoked the order for major Cook. You can see below, the revocation is below, saying he doesn’t need to go.

What does it mean? It’s proof that we have a totally illegitimate commander in chief and they will cave in each and every situation. It means that from now on any member of the military, who doesn’t like any order , needs to call Dr. Taitz, ESQ and state that he doesn’t want to follow the order, a legal action will be initiated based on Obama’s illegitimacy in office and the military will cave in. It means that for the sake of covering up for Obama and fraud perpetrated, top brass of the US military is willing to undermine integrity of the military. This has to stop.

DEPARTMENT OF THE ARMY

U.S. ARMY HUMAN RESOURCES COMMAND

1 RESERVE WAY

ST. LOUIS, MO 63132-5200

AHRC-PLM-S 14 JUL 2009

ORDERS A-06-916551R

COOK STEFAN FREDERICK EAD8 MAJ EN [redacted by mod]

[redacted by mod]

[redacted by mod]

THE FOLLOWING ORDER IS REVOKED OR RESCINDED AS SHOWN.

ACTION: REVOKE

IPSecure
07-14-2009, 08:16 PM
http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=104009 (http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=104009)

Dr.3D
07-14-2009, 08:55 PM
All of the judges who dismissed the previous challenges should be removed from the bench if Obama is found to be ineligible.

Pete
07-14-2009, 10:25 PM
From http://www.orlytaitzesq.com/blog1/:

It looks like we won already and not just on any day, on Bastille day
July 14th, 2009

I didn’t even need to fight, the administration blinked and showed it’s cards, actually they showed that they have no cards to play, as they immediately revoked the order for major Cook. You can see below, the revocation is below, saying he doesn’t need to go.

What does it mean? It’s proof that we have a totally illegitimate commander in chief and they will cave in each and every situation. It means that from now on any member of the military, who doesn’t like any order , needs to call Dr. Taitz, ESQ and state that he doesn’t want to follow the order, a legal action will be initiated based on Obama’s illegitimacy in office and the military will cave in. It means that for the sake of covering up for Obama and fraud perpetrated, top brass of the US military is willing to undermine integrity of the military. This has to stop.

DEPARTMENT OF THE ARMY

U.S. ARMY HUMAN RESOURCES COMMAND

1 RESERVE WAY

ST. LOUIS, MO 63132-5200

AHRC-PLM-S 14 JUL 2009

ORDERS A-06-916551R

COOK STEFAN FREDERICK EAD8 W096AA

THE FOLLOWING ORDER IS REVOKED OR RESCINDED AS SHOWN.

ACTION: REVOKE

Forum members with military contacts need to spread the word!

Athan
07-14-2009, 10:30 PM

Sounds like a just cause.

Athan
07-14-2009, 10:32 PM
Some important news for the Oathkeepers.

brandon
07-14-2009, 10:33 PM
O rly?

Steeleye
07-14-2009, 10:40 PM
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2292848/posts

Fun Free Republic thread.

sparebulb
07-14-2009, 10:46 PM
I hope and pray that his orders were not canceled to accommodate his court martial.

Pericles
07-14-2009, 11:25 PM
OP - please edit your post - you have put the guy's Name, SSN, and address out on the NET.

TIA

foofighter20x
07-14-2009, 11:38 PM
Not necessarily a good thing.

Cook no longer has standing to sue, provided they don't reinstate his deployment orders.

foofighter20x
07-14-2009, 11:41 PM
OP - please edit your post - you have put the guy's Name, SSN, and address out on the NET.

TIA

Done.

teacherone
07-15-2009, 04:16 AM
Obama runs away like a chicken. Deployment orders REVOKED!!!

BOMBSHELL NEWS...TOTAL INSANITY

Is there really an impostor in the WHITE HOUSE??

I didn't believe it...but now I do!

BORN IN THE USA?
Bombshell: Orders revoked for soldier challenging prez
Major victory for Army warrior questioning Obama's birthplace
Posted: July 14, 2009
9:53 pm Eastern

Chelsea Schilling and Joe Kovacs
© 2009 WorldNetDaily

Dr. Orly Taitz
A U.S. Army Reserve major from Florida scheduled to report for deployment to Afghanistan within days has had his military orders revoked after arguing he should not be required to serve under a president who has not proven his eligibility for office.

His attorney, Orly Taitz, confirmed to WND the military has rescinded his impending deployment orders.

"We won! We won before we even arrived," she said with excitement. "It means that the military has nothing to show for Obama. It means that the military has directly responded by saying Obama is illegitimate – and they cannot fight it. Therefore, they are revoking the order!"

She continued, "They just said, 'Order revoked.' No explanation. No reasons – just revoked."

A hearing on the questions raised by Maj. Stefan Frederick Cook, an engineer who told WND he wants to serve his country in Afghanistan, was scheduled for July 16 at 9:30 a.m.

Join the petition campaign to make President Obama reveal his long-form, hospital-generated birth certificate!

"As an officer in the armed forces of the United States, it is [my] duty to gain clarification on any order we may believe illegal. With that said, if President Obama is found not to be a 'natural-born citizen,' he is not eligible to be commander-in-chief," he told WND only hours after the case was filed.

(Story continues below)

"[Then] any order coming out of the presidency or his chain of command is illegal. Should I deploy, I would essentially be following an illegal [order]. If I happened to be captured by the enemy in a foreign land, I would not be privy to the Geneva Convention protections," he said.

The order for the hearing in the federal court for the Middle District of Georgia from U.S. District Judge Clay D. Land said the hearing on the request for a temporary restraining order would be held Thursday.

Want to turn up the pressure to learn the facts? Get your signs and postcards asking for the president's birth certificate documentation here.

Cook said without a legitimate president as commander-in-chief, members of the U.S. military in overseas actions could be determined to be "war criminals and subject to prosecution."

He said the vast array of information about Obama that is not available to the public confirms to him "something is amiss."

"That and the fact the individual who is occupying the White House has not been entirely truthful with anybody," he said. "Every time anyone has made an inquiry, it has been either cast aside, it has been maligned, it has been laughed at or just dismissed summarily without further investigation.

"You know what. It would be so simple to solve. Just produce the long-form document, certificate of live birth," he said.

Cook said he was scheduled to report for duty tomorrow, on July 15, to deploy to Afghanistan as part of President Obama's plan to increase pressure of insurgent forces there.

He told WND he would be prepared for a backlash against him as a military officer, since members of the military swear to uphold and follow their orders. However, he noted that following an illegal order would be just as bad as failing to follow a legal order.

Before news of the orders being revoked were reported, MSNBC anchor Keith Olbermann tonight called Cook a "jackass" and Taitz a "conwoman," as he labeled both of them the "worst persons in the world." He flayed the soldier as "an embarrassment to all those who have served without cowardice."

Named as defendants in the case are Col. Wanda Good, Col. Thomas Macdonald, Secretary of Defense Robert Gates and Obama, described as "de facto president of the United States."

According to the court filing, Cook affirmed when he joined the military, he took the following oath: "I, Stefan Frederick Cook, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the president of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to the regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

According to the claim, "Plaintiff submits that it is implicit though not expressly stated that an officer is and should be subject to court-martial, because he will be derelict in the performance of his duties, if he does not inquire as to the lawfulness, the legality, the legitimacy of the orders which he has received, whether those orders are specific or general."

The military courts offer no option for raising the question, so he turned to civilian courts to consider "a question of paramount constitutional and legal importance: the validity of the chain of command under a president whose election, eligibility, and constitutional status appear open to serious question."

"Barack Hussein Obama, in order to prove his constitutional eligibility to serve as president, basically needs only produce a single unique historical document for the Plaintiff’s inspection and authentication: namely, the 'long-form' birth certificate which will confirm whether Barack Hussein Obama was in fact born to parents who were both citizens of the United States in Honolulu, Hawaii, in or about 1961," explains the complaint.

Taitz said she will attend the hearing to amend the temporary restraining order to an injunction because more members of the military have joined the cause.

"We are going to be asking for release of Obama's records because now this completely undermines the military. It revoked this order, but it can come up with another order tomorrow. It can come up with orders for other people," she said. "Am I going to be flying around the country 1,000 times and paying the fees every time they issue an order?"

Taitz said the issue "must be resolved immediately," and she will continue working to ensure Obama proves he is eligible for office.

"We're going to be asking the judge to issue an order for Obama to provide his vital records to show he is legitimately president," she said. "We're going to say, we have orders every day, and we'll have revocations every day. This issue has to be decided."

She said there cannot be any harm to the president if he is legitimately holding office.

"If he is legitimate, then his vital records will prove it," Taitz said. "If he is illegitimate, then he should not have been there in the first place."

Asked what this decision means for every other serviceman who objects to deployment under a president who has not proven he is eligible for office, Taitz responded:

"Now, we can have each and every member of the military – each and every enlistee and officer – file something similar saying 'I will not take orders until Obama is legitimately vetted.'"

Multiple questions have been raised about what that would mean to the 2008 election, to the orders and laws Obama has signed and other issues, including whether he then is a valid commander-in-chief of the military.

Press Secretary Robert Gibbs refused to confirm the authenticity of the alleged Jan. 24, 2009, letter from President Obama to his purported place of birth, Kapi'olani Medical Center. His remarks begin at the 55:27 mark of the press briefing. (Click photo to view)
Obama has maintained he was born in Hawaii, and at least one hospital, Honolulu's Kapi'olani Medical Center for Women and Children, claims it received a letter from the president declaring his birth there.

As WND reported, White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs refused to confirm that the letter which was used by the hospital to solicit donations is, in fact, a real correspondence.

When WND exposed doubts about the authenticity of the letter because it was created with HTML computer code and had no presidential or White House seal, the hospital which for nearly six months proudly declared Obama was born at its facility commenced an active cover-up, hiding that White House letter from its original webpage and refusing to confirm such a letter actually exists.

WND also reported that just within the last week, at least two reports have cited Obama's birth in Kenya. Wikipedia also was found to have been reporting on Obama's birth in Kenya, before a series of scrubs placed his birth in Honolulu.

And that came on the heels of several online information sites changing the president's supposed birthplace from one hospital in Hawaii to another, after WND broke the news of the letter said to be from the White House.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=104009

almantimes2
07-15-2009, 04:21 AM
Where is msm?

Kludge
07-15-2009, 04:21 AM
WND + Orly = not even worth reading.

teacherone
07-15-2009, 04:22 AM
WND + Orly = not even worth reading.

But it's on DRUDGE (and in red!);)

teacherone
07-15-2009, 04:25 AM
Army's revokes deployment orders for soldier who said Obama isn't his president
By Lily Gordon - lgordon@ledger-enquirer.com

PRINT
COMMENTS (9) | RECOMMEND (0)
TEXT SIZE:
U.S. Army Maj. Stefan Frederick Cook, the reserve soldier who says he shouldn’t have to go to Afghanistan because he believes Barack Obama was never eligible to be president, has had his deployment orders revoked, Army officials said.
Lt. Col. Maria Quon, U.S. Army Public Affairs Officer, U.S. Army Human Resources Command-St. Louis, said Tuesday evening Cook was no longer expected to report Wednesday to MacDill Air Force Base in Florida for mobilization to active duty.
Cook is an Individual Mobilization Augmentee, meaning he is a reserve soldier assigned to an active component unit for duty. He is assigned to the U.S. Army Element of U.S. Southern Command. Last week Cook filed a request in federal court through his California-based attorney, Orly Taitz, seeking a temporary restraining order and status as a conscientious objector.
Taitz, who has also challenged the legitimacy of Obama’s presidency in other courts, filed the 20-page document on July 8 with the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia. Taitz asked the court to consider granting her client’s request based on Cook’s belief that Obama is not a natural-born citizen of the United States and is therefore ineligible to serve as commander-in-chief of the U.S. Armed Forces.
Cook further states he “would be acting in violation of international law by engaging in military actions outside the United States under this President’s command. ... simultaneously subjecting himself to possible prosecution as a war criminal by the faithful execution of these duties.”
Documents show Obama was born in Hawaii in 1961, two years after it became a state.
On May 8, Cook submitted a formal written request to Human Resources Command-St. Louis volunteering to serve one year in Afghanistan with Special Operations Command, U.S. Army Central Command, beginning July 15, Quon said.
The soldier’s orders were issued on June 9.
“A reserve soldier who volunteers for an active duty tour may ask for a revocation of orders up until the day he is scheduled to report for active duty,” Quon said.
She added that there is an administrative process to request revocation of orders. As of Tuesday afternoon, Cook had not asked for his orders to be revoked, Quon said. By 5 p.m. EDT, the orders had been pulled.
Quon said she could not discuss why the Army revoked the soldier’s orders.
“Because of the Privacy Act, I couldn’t go into it,” Quon said.
A hearing to discuss Cook’s requests is scheduled to take place Thursday in Columbus federal court at 9:30 a.m.

http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/news/story/777622.html

Wonder why she can't discuss it?

lynnf
07-15-2009, 04:45 AM
Done.

thanks, oops, didn't even notice that.

lynn

0zzy
07-15-2009, 04:48 AM
Can the soldiers who refuse to go to undeclared wars get their orders revoked too?
Guess not...

Sandra
07-15-2009, 05:35 AM
Lynnf,
please be careful of anything Taitz puts on the internet. Case in point.

Also I guess you weren't aware Taitz couldn't represent him as she was only licensed in Cali.

FrankRep
07-15-2009, 05:49 AM
Bombshell: Orders revoked for soldier challenging prez
Major victory for Army warrior questioning Obama's birthplace

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=104009

acptulsa
07-15-2009, 06:40 AM
Where is msm?

The article told you where they are. When they aren't ignoring the whole thing, they're still not reporting--they're slandering an active duty major and his lawyer. What did those do to deserve such villification? Showed respect for the Constitution.

qh4dotcom
07-15-2009, 07:01 AM
Great news

catdd
07-15-2009, 07:13 AM
The implications are mind boggling.

Sandra
07-15-2009, 07:15 AM
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/news/story/777622.html

Wonder why she can't discuss it?

Because legally, she's not his attorney. She's not licensed to practice in Georgia plus she failed to pay the $300 filing fee.

TXcarlosTX
07-15-2009, 07:18 AM
just posted it on the facebook pages of my local talk radio shows. maybe they bring this up

armstrong
07-15-2009, 07:31 AM
OK folks , spread this far and wide, lets make some noise,,this should be exciting

Feenix566
07-15-2009, 07:38 AM
Can we refuse to pay our taxes because the budget was not signed by a legitimate President?

V4Vendetta
07-15-2009, 07:39 AM
thx for posting

acptulsa
07-15-2009, 07:43 AM
Can we refuse to pay our taxes because the budget was not signed by a legitimate President?

The ATF, the FBI and several others are all Department of Justice agencies, and the DoJ is under the executive (which means Obama's part of their chain of command too)...

We may get a chance to prove we can get along just fine without federal interference in our states' and counties' business.

Merk
07-15-2009, 07:44 AM
This, sadly, will never go anywhere. It has been beaten to death. Beyond not having the long form birth certificate there is the fact that he had to be adopted by his mother's new husband, Sotero, in Indonesia in order to attend school there. At that point Indonesia did not allow dual citizenship so he had to have renounced his US citizenship. He travelled to Pakistan when he was 18 at a point when Pakistan would not allow American passports into the country so he must have been travelling on an Indonesian passport. To have an Indonesian passport he could not also have had a US passport due to no dual citizenship in Indonesia. So born in Africa, renounced citizenship in Indonesia... whichever... or both... Barry Sotero does not meet the citizenship requirements to be president.

Move along... nothing to see here.

georgiaboy
07-15-2009, 07:46 AM
uhhmmmm, so taken on face value, if this were to actually play out to its nearly impossible to imagine conclusion, then we'd get Joe Biden as president?

peachy.

Feenix566
07-15-2009, 07:49 AM
The ATF, the FBI and several others are all Department of Justice agencies, and the DoJ is under the executive (which means Obama's part of their chain of command too)...

We may get a chance to prove we can get along just fine without federal interference in our states' and counties' business.

In theory, you're right.

But in order for that to happen, someone needs to refuse to pay their taxes. When the IRS comes after them, this person needs to defend him/herself by stating that Obama is illegitimate and therefor the tax bill is illegitimate. In theory, the IRS will then be obligated to prove Obama's legitimacy in court.

Of course, anyone who has watched "America: Freedom to Fascism" knows that the IRS doesn't operate that way. The first thing they do is seize all your assets so you can't even pay a lawyer to defend you. So I guess if someone were to do this, the first thing you should do is pay a very good lawyer a very large retainer before embarking on this endeavor.

So who wants to go first?

acptulsa
07-15-2009, 07:50 AM
uhhmmmm, so taken on face value, if this were to actually play out to its nearly impossible to imagine conclusion, then we'd get Joe Biden as president?

peachy.

No. Yes that would be the plan; no it isn't peachy. But some interesting things could happen along the way. And one of them is, people will ask how this could possibly happen.

Will we be ready with answers?

...the first thing you should do is pay a very good lawyer a very large retainer before embarking on this endeavor.

So who wants to go first?

Um, I think we'll get more volunteers if we start a chip-in to go with...

That said, I think we can find other ways to make hay while the sun shines. What if we all wrote to our county sheriffs and said, the Feds have no authority right now and a court of law said so. Therefore, you are the top Constitutional dog in the county bar none, and we're counting on you to protect us from these unConstitutional feds...

klamath
07-15-2009, 07:50 AM
It is pretty strange to have personal orders like that revoked without explaination. I wonder if someone got a phone call.

Todd
07-15-2009, 08:02 AM
It is pretty strange to have personal orders like that revoked without explaination. I wonder if someone got a phone call.

My take is that it's the start of the Decommissioning process. yeah...he doesn't have to go to Afghanistan now. But he also won't be an officer for long either.

Feenix566
07-15-2009, 08:02 AM
No. Yes that would be the plan; no it isn't peachy. But some interesting things could happen along the way. And one of them is, people will ask how this could possibly happen.

Will we be ready with answers?

People aren't educated enough to ask that question. The response will be more like: A bunch of people ignored the will of the people and took the first black President out of office. Therefor, those people must be skinheads, so we must find them and burn their houses down.

brandon
07-15-2009, 08:03 AM
He didn't win anything.

He had his orders revoked without reason to make this thing go away, not because a judge ruled that he was right.

acptulsa
07-15-2009, 08:07 AM
He didn't win anything.

He had his orders revoked without reason to make this thing go away, but because a judge ruled that he was right.

Is there a ruling yet? And, yes, they'd like for it to go away. But until he's out of the service, he's getting orders through the chain of command, and doesn't have to drop the lawsuit. He wasn't actually trying to get out of Afghan duty, to hear him tell it. He was trying to obey his oath, that's all. And the question remains--are his orders--any orders--legal?

klamath
07-15-2009, 08:09 AM
My take is that it's the start of the Decommissioning process. yeah...he doesn't have to go to Afghanistan now. But he also won't be an officer for long either.

Yeaw, quite likely.

Dr.3D
07-15-2009, 08:11 AM

Well, it the orders had been revoked by the 'president', would that mean the guy should go to Afghanistan because if he didn't, he would be obeying the orders of someone who wasn't president?

foofighter20x
07-15-2009, 08:34 AM
Lynnf,
please be careful of anything Taitz puts on the internet. Case in point.

Also I guess you weren't aware Taitz couldn't represent him as she was only licensed in Cali.

I do believe that if you are have a state license, and are admitted to the the bar fo the U.S. Supreme Court, you can represent any client in any federal court. You just can't represent them in a state court where you aren't licensed or admitted to bar.

foofighter20x
07-15-2009, 08:35 AM
He didn't win anything.

He had his orders revoked without reason to make this thing go away, not because a judge ruled that he was right.

This.

fedup100
07-15-2009, 09:16 AM
Because legally, she's not his attorney. She's not licensed to practice in Georgia plus she failed to pay the $300 filing fee.

Be very wary of some people that frequent this forum in order to discourage and divide. Your commie drawers are showing as you desperately try the old tried and true "smear" technique.

Sandra
07-15-2009, 09:19 AM
Cook joined as a plaintiff in Taitz's lawsuit in FEBRUARY 2009. She published everything on her site forgetting what lie goes where, I guess.

He signs up for one year voluntary service to Afghanistan in MAY 2009. ( I'm sure on Taitz's advice)

He receives his requested orders to Afghanistan on JUNE 09 2009

A couple of days later he contacts Taitz to file a faked lawsuit asking to be dismissed from deployment due to Obama's ineligibility instead of applying for revocation.

Court date was July 16 2009, but Taitz had failed to show that Taitz (licensed in CA ONLY) and her (pro hack :) disbarred in 3 states including CA) Charles Lincoln were valid council in GA. There is talk of Taitz failing to pay filing fees as well.

I'm sure Cook got some sense and applied for revocation and got it.

http://www.mudvillegazette.com/032369.html

http://organizedexploitation.blogspot.com/2009/07/crazy-birthers-not-letting-go.html

Sandra
07-15-2009, 09:21 AM
Be very wary of some people that frequent this forum in order to discourage and divide. Your commie drawers are showing as you desperately try the old tried and true "smear" technique.

Go to any military forum and say that. They are all talking about how he thought he would be "targeted".

acptulsa
07-15-2009, 09:25 AM
Lol.

'I think this technicality will affect the case.'

'You think they should enforce that technicality?! Commie pinko!!

And in other news, I had a conversation today:

'I think there might be a tornado yet this season.'

'You approve of tornadoes?! Hateful libertarian!!'

*sigh*

Working Poor
07-15-2009, 10:16 AM
It did make the main stream news here is a link:

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/07/14/politics/politicalhotsheet/entry5160041.shtml

libertarian4321
07-15-2009, 02:11 PM
http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=104009 (http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=104009)

From the article:

"We won! We won before we even arrived," she said with excitement. "It means that the military has nothing to show for Obama. It means that the military has directly responded by saying Obama is illegitimate – and they cannot fight it. Therefore, they are revoking the order!"

She continued, "They just said, 'Order revoked.' No explanation. No reasons – just revoked."

First claims "victory" then says they have no idea why the orders were rescinded.

Folks, military orders get rescinded all the time, sometimes for extremely stupid or trivial reasons- I've had orders rescinded for having a typo.

I'd love to know why they were rescinded.

Kraig
07-15-2009, 02:15 PM
Maybe he is protecting and defending the Constitution as he sees it?

Yeah I know, I'm just saying that the legitimacy of the war and if it is right to use a gun against X people at all should trump who is telling you to do it.

Mini-Me
07-15-2009, 02:21 PM
Yeah I know, I'm just saying that the legitimacy of the war and if it is right to use a gun against X people at all should trump who is telling you to do it.

While the Major in question may not unequivocally agree with your statement in its entirety, I don't think his position is all that far from it. After all, it seems that he considers Obama's citizenship status a strong reason to doubt the legitimacy of any war he might push, which would be a large contributing factor to the Major's decision.

Kraig
07-15-2009, 02:22 PM
While the Major in question may not unequivocally agree with your statement in its entirety, I don't think his position is all that far from it. After all, he may consider Obama's citizenship status a strong reason to doubt the legitimacy of any war he might push, which would be a large contributing factor to his decision.

Quite possible. Sometimes it's better to play by the book if it still gets you the same result.

Pepsi
07-15-2009, 03:14 PM
Pentagon orders soldier fired for challenging prez Army warrior terminated from job after questioning Obama eligibility

The Department of Defense has compelled a private employer to fire a U.S. Army Reserve major from his civilian job after he had his military deployment orders revoked for arguing he should not be required to serve under a president who has not proven his eligibility for office.

According to the CEO of Simtech Inc., a private company contracted by the Defense Security Services, an agency of the Department of Defense, the federal government has compelled the termination of Maj. Stefan Frederick Cook.

Cook's attorney, Orly Taitz, wrote in her blog that Simtech CEO Larry Grice said he would try to find another position within the company for Cook, but nothing is currently available.

The Department of Defense does contracting in the general field of information technology/systems integration, at which Cook, a senior systems engineer and architect, was employed until taking a military leave of absence on July 10 in preparation for his deployment to Afghanistan.

"Grice told plaintiff, in essence, that the situation had become 'nutty and crazy,' and that plaintiff would no longer be able to work at his old position," Taitz wrote.

Grice made clear that it was Defense Security Services that had compelled Simtech to fire Cook, Taitz wrote.

According to the report, Grice told Cook "there was some gossip that 'people were disappointed in' the plaintiff because they thought he was manipulating his deployment orders to create a platform for political purposes."

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=104044

Kraig
07-15-2009, 03:18 PM
Most of those "private companies" that live of DOD contracts can hardly be called private companies, more like fascist companies.

Whoever is paying the money sets the rules.

Golding
07-15-2009, 03:20 PM
"there was some gossip that 'people were disappointed in' the plaintiff because they thought he was manipulating his deployment orders to create a platform for political purposes."I guess orders are supposed to manipulate soldiers towards a political purpose, not the other way around.

Sandman33
07-15-2009, 03:21 PM
I believe having him fired is illegal.

Dr.3D
07-15-2009, 03:24 PM
An employer may not fire or otherwise discipline an employee when he is called to active duty service. The employer must give the employee back his job when he returns from his active military service.

I do not understand how Cooks employer can legally remove him from his job if he is on a military leave of absence. Seems Taitz should be taking Simtech to court over his client being fired.

libertarian4321
07-15-2009, 05:28 PM
An employer may not fire or otherwise discipline an employee when he is called to active duty service. The employer must give the employee back his job when he returns from his active military service.

I do not understand how Cooks employer can legally remove him from his job if he is on a military leave of absence. Seems Taitz should be taking Simtech to court over his client being fired.

He's not on active duty. In fact, he refused to be called up before his orders were rescinded.

He can't have it both ways. He can't say "I refuse to be called up" one second, then "you can't fire me because I've been called up" the next.

BTW, the government can't "tell Simtech to fire" this guy. What probably happened was he was on a DoD project and after he decided to go on a political crusade, the DoD department he was working for decided that they didn't want him on the project. At that point, Cook was deadwood to the company (collecting a salary, but not billing hours) so they let him go.

I'm a military Reservist and spent many years as a government contractor for one of the major consultancies. I saw people got pulled off jobs ALL THE TIME- often for something as simple as not getting along with the government people they were assigned to work with. Companies like Simtech LIVE AND DIE by government contracts- they can't afford to have a guy who can't work with their client (the DoD).

I was against the Iraq war. Do you think I railed against the war when I was meeting with military clients? Of course not, I kept my mouth shut and did my job because my opinion on the war wasn't relevant to the day to day work I did for the military. If if I had decided to publicly take an anti military or anti government stance, I would not have been surprised to be fired.

Cook chose to make a loud public stink for political reasons. He knew that he would likely be fired for it (or if he didn't know, he's a complete idiot).

They probably won't do it, but the military could bring UCMJ charges against him as well. Soldiers don't get to pick and choose when they are called up and when they will fight. That's why it's so important that OUR CIVILIAN LEADERS DO THE RIGHT THING and not start stupid wars. Once the war starts, the soldier is obligated to do his duty, or suffer the consequences of failure to do his duty.

Anti Federalist
07-15-2009, 06:52 PM
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2292848/posts

Fun Free Republic thread.

Do those clowns even read over there?

I saw numerous post references to the man in question as a Captain, in the Air Force, as a Marine...

FFS, he's a US Army Major.

fedup100
07-15-2009, 07:06 PM
Go to any military forum and say that. They are all talking about how he thought he would be "targeted".

OK point me to it. You list a plethora of things YOU hope will derail this effort and yet you failed to mention that BO is not a citizen, shouldn't the truth of that matter be known?

Liberty Star
07-15-2009, 10:46 PM
I'd love to know why they were rescinded.

This could get very interesting.

It was big mistake if the two events are related, will open a new creative backdoor for those who are not interested in taking part in freedom of our Afghan brethren.

libertarian4321
07-16-2009, 01:54 AM
This could get very interesting.

It was big mistake if the two events are related, will open a new creative backdoor for those who are not interested in taking part in freedom of our Afghan brethren.

Turns out the entire story was utter bull sh@t.

The guy VOLUNTEERED to be called to active duty.

He then came out and made a big stink about how he wouldn't serve under Obama.

Since he had volunteered, then declined to go, his orders were rescinded.

Basically, this was nothing more than a publicity stunt cooked up by Major Cook and Orly Taitz to call attention to their "Obama Birth" conspiracy theory.

I hope the guy thinks it was worth losing his job over, lol.

Objectivist
07-16-2009, 03:23 AM
YouTube - O RLY? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cd_0aRcVD0Y)