PDA

View Full Version : What Would You Ask Sotomayor?

Objectivist
07-14-2009, 03:15 PM
Just didin't see a thread and recognize the intelligence of many here, so why not post the question or two that you would ask if given a chance.

My question would start by holding up a copy of the Constitution and asking her "Who was this document written for specifically?"

Kotin
07-14-2009, 03:28 PM
I'd ask her what the second amendment is intended for.. and then I would vomit.

Bman
07-14-2009, 03:29 PM
I'd ask here to recite the bill of rights.

TinCanToNA
07-14-2009, 03:30 PM
"What was the Constitutional rationale for your decision in Ricci v. DeStefano?"

Or any case, for that matter...

MelissaWV
07-14-2009, 03:43 PM
Why should anyone take a hard-working and intelligent Latina seriously, when now there's proof that Affirmative Action reaches all the way to the very top, and when you yourself stated that you were a product of it, which has led to your consideration for the Supreme Court?

Reason
07-14-2009, 03:45 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=199781

YouTube - Sotomayor: 9/11 Has Not Changed My Views On Civil Liberties (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7qNIS6fPf0)

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=199781

fr33domfightr
07-14-2009, 03:54 PM
I would ask a few simple questions, "How do you know your Grandson is an NRA member?" and "Why is he the only one?"

I might go on to ask, "If politicians fail to represent the people, what recourse do the people have?"

FF

tangent4ronpaul
07-14-2009, 03:58 PM
Why are you a Marxist and why are you committed to the total destruction of the USA?

-t

Sandman33
07-14-2009, 04:03 PM
Did you have to blow Obama for the nomination or did you just promise to help him destroy this country to set up the NAU?

Lord Xar
07-14-2009, 04:15 PM
I would ask the following:

"Do you feel you are qualified to judge and make rulings that are consistent with the constitution?"

She no doubt will say "yes".

Then I would follow up with:

"If that was the case, then why have a fairly large amount of your rulings been overturned? This would indicate you are infact not qualified, or you are, and rule in contrary notion to the constitution. Which then would bring about another question. IF many of your overturned rulings were deemed unconstitutional and you feel you are qualified, then you must be ruling based on another barometer - rather than the constitution - What is it?"

MelissaWV
07-14-2009, 04:32 PM
I would ask the following:

"Do you feel you are qualified to judge and make rulings that are consistent with the constitution?"

She no doubt will say "yes".

Then I would follow up with:

"If that was the case, then why have a fairly large amount of your rulings been overturned? This would indicate you are infact not qualified, or you are, and rule in contrary notion to the constitution. Which then would bring about another question. IF many of your overturned rulings were deemed unconstitutional and you feel you are qualified, then you must be ruling based on another barometer - rather than the constitution - What is it?"

Oh she might be ruling constitutionally, in her own eyes, but her answer to your question would basically force her to call the majority of her future benchmates "wrong" at the very politest ;) I like the questions.

Brian4Liberty
07-14-2009, 04:59 PM
Give her an oral college level test on the Constitution right there at the confirmation hearing...

Objectivist
07-14-2009, 06:54 PM
Did you have to blow Obama for the nomination or did you just promise to help him destroy this country to set up the NAU?

Oh lookie^^^ the superior intellect^^^