PDA

View Full Version : Obama Says Sotomayor’s “Castrate White Males” Comment Taken Out of Context [SPOOF]

disorderlyvision
07-14-2009, 03:09 PM
http://carbolicsmoke.com/2009/06/02/obama-says-sotomayors-castrate-white-males-comment-taken-out-of-context/

WASHINGTON – President Obama said that comments by Supreme Court nominee Sonia Sotomayor in a 2004 speech in which she called for the “castration of all white males until they are no longer dominant,” have been “taken out of context” by right wing ideologues.

In the speech delivered to the San Juan chapter of NOW, Sotomayor said, “I want to be perfectly clear about this next comment so that there is no mistaking my words to mean something other than what they plainly say: the time has come to end white male oppression by castrating every white male until they are no longer dominant in Western culture. That means forcible removal of their testicles. I realize the brutality of my comment, and I don’t know how to say it more clearly.”

It was revealed that Sotomayor used precisely the same language in seven other speeches.

White House spokesman Robert Gibbs agreed with President Obama that the statement “has been taken out of context,” and added that Sotomayor “certainly did not mean” that white males should be castrated. “Judge Sotomayor was simply saying that there should be room at the American table for diverse cultures, that’s all. It is astounding that people are reading ‘castration’ into it.”

President Obama told MSNBC: ”Look, when Judge Sotomayor appears before the Senate committee, all this nonsense being spewed out by ideologues will be revealed for what it is.”

Flash
07-14-2009, 03:15 PM
They're not even hiding it anymore. Every white that voted for Obama should shoot themself. He's an obvious racist.

President Obama told MSNBC: ”Look, when Judge Sotomayor appears before the Senate committee, all this nonsense being spewed out by ideologues will be revealed for what it is

Again, another statement by Obama with no substance.

Kraig
07-14-2009, 03:16 PM
Biden first.

Danke
07-14-2009, 03:17 PM
"The city’s equivalent of The Onion.” Ian Urbina, The New York Times

“This stuff is better than The Onion.” Tony Norman, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Danke
07-14-2009, 03:18 PM
Sotomayor Says She Uses Mood Ring to Decide Cases

MoodRingWASHINGTON – On the first day of her Supreme Court confirmation hearing, Judge Sonia Sotomayor told the Senate Judiciary Committee that if confirmed, she will rely on her “mood ring” to decide cases. A mood ring contains a thermochromic liquid crystal that changes color in response to body temperature and indicates the wearer’s emotional state.

“When I hear an oral argument, I will carefully monitor the color of my [mood] ring so that I have an accurate gauge of my emotional reaction to it,” she testified. “That’s how I intend to decide cases.”

In nominating Sotomayor for the high court, President Obama publicly stated that he was looking for a judge with “empathy.” He later clarified that remark: “By ‘empathy’ I mean ‘a mood ring,’” the President told MSNBC.

Sotomayor candidly admitted that in using her mood ring to decide cases on the Second Court of Appeals, it has never once changed to “blue,” indicating warm and happy feelings, for a white male litigant. ”White males almost always cause the ring to change to dark red or black, indicating anger and fear,” she explained.

Original_Intent
She clearly didn't say what she specifically said.

OMG OMG OMG :(:mad:

ah a spoof site. I really could not believe she would say that even to a NOW group.

edit: It's a joke site

Light
Forget this comment this is a joke article.

Objectivist
What "context" did they have in mind exactly?

Bman
Again, another statement by Obama with no substance.

Why would we want substance from a president. Talk about being taboo.

Freedom 4 all
07-14-2009, 03:35 PM
Shows how far down the road to tyrany we have come that I would have believed that had it not come from the onion.

Stary Hickory
07-14-2009, 03:35 PM
This some kind of joke? Thank god.