PDA

View Full Version : Opportunity for RNC involvement

Bradley in DC
07-14-2009, 02:45 PM
RP Republicans from DC to Maine:

Save the Date: October 2nd, 3rd & 4th

2009. RNC North East Conference

In Newport, Rhode Island

Every election cycle each of the four RNC Regions holds an RNC Regional Conference. The purpose is to inform, energize our Republican base and allow for a discussion of issues, ideas and training for Grassroots Republican Leaders throughout the Northeast. Invited are: All Grassroots Supporters, State & Local Republican Leaders, Central Committee Members, Elected Officials, Major Donors and interested Republicans.

Conference Overview

Dates: October 2nd, 3rd & 4th 2009 Friday – Sunday

Place: Marriott Hotel Newport, Rhode Island

Program: Excellent line up of speakers have been invited and will probably attend: RI Governor, Donald Carcieri, VT Governor, Jim Douglas, Congressman Aaron Schock, Illinois, former NH Governor & White House Chief of Staff John Sununu, RNC Chairman Michael Steele and more special guests to follow. In addition we will have grassroots training and presentations by several well known national polling firms, national media strategists, and GOTV experts.

Costs: We have kept the Conference Registration cost very low at $125.00 to make it affordable for all GOP Party activists. This will include meeting rooms, opening cocktail party, 2 breakfasts and one lunch and materials. Other activities will be al-carte.

Hotels: We have pre-reserved rooms at the Marriott in Newport at a special rate of $159. per night. The Marriott will also serve as the site of the conference. We have also reserved additional rooms at the near by Newport Hotel at a cost of $150/night. Both hotels will also extend this rate if you come early or stay and extra day or two.

Reservations: Newport Marriott (401) 849-1000 “Northeast Republican Conference”

Transportation: Newport is served by the Providence, RI Airport, 30 minutes away. Newport is also a few hours to ˝ day driving distance from most Northeastern States

Social Events & Local Activities: Newport is a historic city with numerous local activities and attractions to fill out your weekend, including: Mansion Tour, Sightseeing Cruises, Museums, Fine Dining, and Sailing. We are also hoping to have sponsorship for cocktail parties on both Friday and Saturday.

How to Register: Complete the attached registration form and your check for $125. to “RNC Northeast Conference” or complete the Visa/MasterCard form send to: RNC NE Conference, 12519 Marlow Road, Fulton, Maryland 20759

Registration info:

2009 RNC North East Conference

In Newport, Rhode Island

October 2nd, 3rd and 4th

Registration

Complete the following and mail along with your check for $125. per person

To: RNC Northeast Conference

12519 Marlow Road

Fulton, Maryland 20759

Name(s) __________________________________________________ _

Address: __________________________________________________ _

City:_______________________ State:______________ Zip: _________

Phone: ___________________ E-mail: ___________________________

We prefer your personal check, however, we will accept credit cards

Credit Cards Accepted: ____ Visa ____ MasterCard

Card Number:___________________________________ Exp. Date:________

Signature:_____________________________________

Hotel Reservations MUST be made directly by the individual attendee. We have arranged for as block of rooms at a rate of $159. per night (2 night Minimum) under RNC NE Conference. For Hotel Reservations call: Marriott Hotel, Newport, RI (401) 849-1000 *** Deadline for hotel reservations at discounted rate is Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Imperial
07-14-2009, 05:43 PM
bump for activism

hrdman2luv
07-14-2009, 10:08 PM
I refuse to ever EVER vote for another Republican or Democrat.
The RNC did everything they could to discredit each and everyone of us. They broke the rules and laws to keep us out of their party. So why even bother with them?

Especially when there are two other parties (Libertarians & Constitutionist) that promote the very same ideas & values that we all share. And would welcome all of us with open arms.

Trying to rebuild a corrupted party from the ground up, just because they are more popular and have more money? No thanks....I have a conscious.

New York For Paul
07-15-2009, 12:21 AM
You might want to rethink that. The elites in the Republican Party might have fought Ron Paul, but the grassroots activists and donors share many of Ron Paul's beliefs.

In fact, many of the activists have been seriously duped by the elites over the last several years. Many are starting to now realize that and are withholding their votes and monetary support.

There is a huge sea of disaffected republicans looking for a guy like Ron Paul. They just have not heard of Ron Paul.

hrdman2luv
07-15-2009, 11:08 AM
That may be true. But it is their party that has done those things to those and us. And for what? Supporting the constitution, freedom, liberty, lower taxes, and all the other things that we, Ron Paul supporters want out of a government.
In the past, Ron Paul left the Republican party for the Libertarian party because the Libertarians were more conservative. And only returned to the Republicans because there wasn't enough support for a 3rd party to regain his seat in congress.

And now, after the reaign of terror from the republicans of the Bush administration, there are more reasons to join a 3rd party. The main reason, is people's conscious. Because the republican party has a well deserved reputation of being big spenders, deficit borrowers, war mongers, fear mongers and constitution slayers.

To heck with them. Rebuilding the GOP is going to be like rebuilding Heroshima in one day. It won't happen in 10 years.
And given that the Obama administration is doing the same exact things that the Bush administration has done, now is the perfect time for the REAL conservatives to join a REAL conservative party.

I'd like to see the Constitution party and the Libertarian party join forces under a conservative party name. Though there are some differences between the two, there are more differences between the NEOCONS who control the republican party, and the conservatives left in the Republican party.

I would rather debate marijuana laws and religion within my own party, than to debate unjust wars, Homeland Security apporpriations, and deficit spending with the Republicans and democrats. (year after year after year)

And I would rather vote for a party that I know isn't going to win, but I belive in. Than to vote for a party that is responsible for what we have now. And supporting even the good people in a bad party, is still supporting a bad party.

Working Poor
07-15-2009, 11:27 AM
They just have not heard of Ron Paul.

I just don't understand how anyone could miss knowing about him it just blows my mind...

Bradley in DC
07-15-2009, 12:12 PM
Look, the different state parties have had very different attitudes towards the RP grassroots (in straight primary states it doesn't usually matter that much). Some states were absolutely horrible. The DC GOP embraced us: despite getting in the single digits in the primary, a majority of the new DC Republican Committee members (including your truly) were RP supporters the first round after the election, and they made one of us one of the Vice Presidents of the DCRC. From what I can gather, most states were somewhere in between.

Part of the problem lies with some of the state officials, no doubt. Part lies with the inexperienced approaches of some of the RP grassroots (and certainly the official campaign).

Hostile takeovers are not well received by anyone. Stepping up to the plate, rolling up your sleeves (insert your own gratuitous mixed message here), can make a difference (in most places). Let them get to know you and show you are willing to work. Most of them are starved for help. Everyone needs to decide for themselves. I just wanted to let people know what options they have.

hrdman2luv
07-16-2009, 10:56 AM
Sure, your going to get some support in places. But it's never going to be enough. The GOP just wants the numbers. That's all they care about. They want you to stay with them, because if your somewhere else, then they can't control you.

If all of the real conservatives in this country would join forces with the Constitution and Libertarian Party, in just 2 years max, we would see seats in congress. And in less than 10 years, we'd see a full majority in congress and possible the White House.

But the GOP's roots run way to deep, to see any substantial changes in the way they do business.

Voting for a party that has gotten us into this mess, is something my consious won't allow.

dgr
07-16-2009, 10:46 PM
I've been a republician for 40 years, you are wasting your time and money trying to accomplish anything in the GOP. There is no difference in a liberal democrat and globalization republician they want the same thing for two different reasons, but the one world economic order is the aim of both. Neither realizes they will not be in controol of it

dr. hfn
07-17-2009, 08:04 AM
bump!

Bradley in DC
07-17-2009, 06:36 PM
Look, go if you want. Don't go if you don't want to. Honestly, I doubt I'll be able to make it.

How many others are posting their respective regional and state opportunities?

Shun the party and claiming they don't welcome you is a self-fulfilling prophecy. ;)

There ARE people in the party who think we have (some) good ideas--there will be more so as the Bush complex wears off, me thinks. :)