PDA

View Full Version : Did Russian Leaders Snub Obama by Refusing to Shake His Hand?

WarDog
07-14-2009, 09:43 AM
YouTube - Obama Handshake Snub in Russia (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHEposwhovk&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.breitbart.tv%2Fdid-russian-leaders-snub-obama-by-refusing-to-shake-his-hand%2F&feature=player_embedded)

Todd
10-29-2009, 01:31 PM
I got this in a chain email today. Couldn't find any really reliable debunking online, but I'm going to say it's some clever editing because of the "cut" at the beginning.
:rolleyes:

sofia
10-29-2009, 01:44 PM
these were americans being introduced to medvedev...

the cut leaves out the part where Pieceofshit Obama shakes hands with the ruskie delegation

squarepusher
10-29-2009, 01:53 PM
fake

Stary Hickory
10-29-2009, 03:16 PM
fake

lol what is fake about it? It's obvious medvedev was introducing him to someone, and they were not shaking his hand....lol why would they be Americans? And if they were Americans why weren't they shaking Obama's hand lol?

Paulitical Correctness
10-29-2009, 03:20 PM
Matt Collins handshake refusal and now this?

Clearly a sly psychological attack to make people associate him with the evil Russians.

evilfunnystuff
10-29-2009, 03:20 PM
fake

so he didnt "Collins" him lol

MelissaWV
10-29-2009, 03:21 PM
A lot of people don't shake hands these days.

When I recently went to my new primary care physician for the first time, I went through all the usual motions. At the end of the exam, we talked, and when it was time to leave I thanked him and said it was nice to meet him, and extended my hand. He refused to shake it. He explained very plainly that it would be really unprofessional to shake hands with patients because there would be a potential to cross-contaminate. Even though he washes his hands at the start of every exam, he still prefers not to shake hands. I thought about this and realized how incredibly right he is.

I thought about the myriad people who shake hands with me and will then eat, or fuss with their face, or smoke, or whatever. There's a lot of stuff going around, and it's just good sense not to shake hands with everyone you meet. If you're sick, you shouldn't shake hands, knowing you could spread crap to someone else, too.

I don't see it as a particular snub even if the video is "fake". I rather like the system of bowing more than shaking hands, anyhow.

specsaregood
10-29-2009, 03:30 PM
If given the chance, who here would "stinkpalm" obama?

evilfunnystuff
10-29-2009, 03:33 PM
If given the chance, who here would "stinkpalm" obama?

chocolate covered pretzel?

Paulitical Correctness
10-29-2009, 03:34 PM
YouTube - Kid Gives Fake Handshake To Soccer Player (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43awLiQMHeY)

Zippyjuan
10-29-2009, 05:47 PM
Watch the video in the first post. Obama is not shaking hands with anybody- he is pointing with it as he introduces people and then Putin shakes their hands. No tricks- just misleading information attached to it. No snubs going on I can see.

FindLiberty
10-29-2009, 05:53 PM
..fear of swine flu, nothing more.

After all, they are in bed together, well except for the Russians no longer using the USD for all their
Mid East oil purchases...

Zippyjuan
10-29-2009, 07:41 PM
Russia doesn't buy Middle East oil. They are an oil exporter themselves.

FindLiberty
10-29-2009, 08:48 PM
CORRECTED:

..fear of swine flu, nothing more.

After all, they are in bed together, well except for the Russians no longer using the USD for all their Mid East oil SALES...

Zippyjuan
10-29-2009, 09:22 PM
I don't think they have much in oil sales to the Middle East either. They too have their own supplies. Maybe to Europe? Try again.

FindLiberty
10-29-2009, 09:38 PM
You bring up good points - maybe my logic is flawed here, but remember
the USA also has its own domestic supplies of oil...

Zippyjuan
10-29-2009, 09:40 PM
The US is no longer a net oil exporting country- Russia and the Middle East are.
Then there is this:
http://www.reuters.com/article/ousivMolt/idUSTRE59507620091006

Oil states say no talks on replacing dollar
Tue Oct 6, 2009 11:54am EDT

06 Oct 2009By Simon Rabinotvitch and Wayne Cole
ISTANBUL/SYDNEY (Reuters) - Big oil producing nations denied a British newspaper report on Tuesday that Gulf Arab states were in secret talks with Russia, China, Japan and France to replace the U.S. dollar with a basket of currencies in trading oil.

The dollar eased in response to the report, which was written by The Independent's Middle East correspondent Robert Fisk and cited unidentified sources in Gulf Arab states and Chinese banking sources in Hong Kong.

It said the proposal was for trade in crude oil to move over nine years to a basket of currencies including the Japanese yen, the Chinese yuan, the euro, gold and a new, unified currency planned for nations in the Gulf Co-operation Council, which includes Saudi Arabia and Kuwait.

The report coincides with a wider debate on the role of the dollar as the world's reserve currency, which has come under question. For most of this decade, the United States has struggled to maintain the dollar's value.

But top officials of Saudi Arabia and Russia, speaking on the sidelines of International Monetary Fund meetings in Istanbul, denied there were such talks. The two countries are the world's largest and second-largest oil exporters.

Asked by reporters about the newspaper story, Saudi Arabia's central bank chief Muhammad al-Jasser said: "Absolutely incorrect." He repeated the same response when asked whether Saudi Arabia was in such talks