PDA

View Full Version : Selling E-cigs at the mall

brandon
07-13-2009, 07:24 PM
So I was at the mall the other day and there was a big kiosk in the middle selling electronic cigarettes. I tried one... it was pretty good. They were way overpriced though, about $150 for the starter kit. I'm sure you can find them much cheaper on the internets.

I thought I saw a post on here saying the FDA banned them though. Anyone know what the deal is with this?

Steeleye
07-13-2009, 07:54 PM
The company that sells those things in the mall is a rip off. The e cigs have no quality, nor customer support. You're better off buying directly from China.

LibertyEagle
07-13-2009, 07:57 PM
Brandon, this is the place for everything related to e-cigarettes.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/

Anti Federalist
07-13-2009, 07:58 PM
So I was at the mall the other day and there was a big kiosk in the middle selling electronic cigarettes. I tried one... it was pretty good. They were way overpriced though, about $150 for the starter kit. I'm sure you can find them much cheaper on the internets.

I thought I saw a post on here saying the FDA banned them though. Anyone know what the deal is with this?

Nope, not banned as of now.

I use this source:

http://www.yourlastcig.com/

I "vape" this model:

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-99891732883353_2061_361957

Which can be purchased from the site for $49.99.

That includes two batteries, one (changed that, thought they came with two - AF) atomizer, five filter tips, one bottle of vapor "juice" of your choice and one wall charger.

LibertyEagle
07-13-2009, 08:00 PM
AF, can you give another link. The one you gave is just for the pic.

Anti Federalist
07-13-2009, 08:03 PM
AF, can you give another link. The one you gave is just for the pic.

Just fixed it.

I have to say, so far so good, I was able to make the switch with no problem at all, haven't had an "analog" smoke in over a month and am slowing decreasing the nicotine level in the "juice" I'm vaping every week.

I had a problem with one that Mrs. AF ordered for me and Arno, the owner, called us personally to straighten it out and sent a replacement that arrived in two days.

LibertyEagle
07-13-2009, 08:05 PM
Man, that is the best price I have seen ANYWHERE. Thanks. :)

speciallyblend
07-13-2009, 08:31 PM
i perfer my marijuana vaporizer:) never knew about e-cigs??

when your ready to clean your marijuana vaPORIZER, USE HOT WATER IN EYE DROPPER TO MELT THE OILS OFF THE GLASS oops caps and then drink the hot water in a tea and you will sleep like a baby a few hours later:)

just in case folks wanted to know how to clean your vaporizer;)

of course the design of the vaporizer is to increase thc dose and decrease smoke:! it works:)

feels wierd to smoke a joint now. i found the best way to quit cigs is to eat brownies;)

LibertyEagle
07-13-2009, 08:36 PM
lolol

Anti Federalist
07-13-2009, 08:37 PM
Man, that is the best price I have seen ANYWHERE. Thanks. :)

Very welcome.

Anti Federalist
07-13-2009, 08:38 PM
i perfer my marijuana vaporizer:) never knew about e-cigs??

when your ready to clean your marijuana vaPORIZER, USE HOT WATER IN EYE DROPPER TO MELT THE OILS OFF THE GLASS oops caps and then drink the hot water in a tea and you will sleep like a baby a few hours later:)

just in case folks wanted to know how to clean your vaporizer;)

Vaping dope is illegal.

I would never do anything illegal.

:rolleyes:;):cool:

speciallyblend
07-13-2009, 08:45 PM
lolol

was that for me?? hehe wasn't sure?

speciallyblend
07-13-2009, 08:47 PM
Vaping dope is illegal.

I would never do anything illegal.

:rolleyes:;):cool:

well in Colorado it is legal pretty much:) if caught only 100 dollar fine to have 1 ounce. that to me is legal. i worry about a speeding ticket before i worry about a possession charge;)

but i hear you;)

i love my vaporizer. my friends still want to smoke joints. i am like why? joints are so old school and wasteful:)

perfer to just get oils and use that in my tea;) talk about a good cup of tea:)

want some green eggs and ham literally:)

LibertyEagle
07-13-2009, 08:56 PM
was that for me?? hehe wasn't sure?

yes. :)

unconsious767
07-13-2009, 09:23 PM
Nope, not banned as of now.

I use this source:

I "vape" this model:

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-99891732883353_2061_361957

Which can be purchased from the site for $49.99.

That includes two batteries, one (changed that, thought they came with two - AF) atomizer, five filter tips, one bottle of vapor "juice" of your choice and one wall charger.

Sounds interesting. So how often do you have to rebuy:

batteries
catridges
atomizers
juice
new e-cig

?

How are these costs compared to analog cigs.

Thanks!

Anti Federalist
07-13-2009, 09:44 PM
Sounds interesting. So how often do you have to rebuy:

batteries
catridges
atomizers
juice
new e-cig

?

How are these costs compared to analog cigs.

Thanks!

My analog costs for both Mrs. AF and myself were about $250 a month, that's smoking el cheapos mail ordered from the Seneca reservation, and that includes "Jenkins Act" state taxes (bastards).

Let's see: batteries. Don't know, the claim is they are good for about 600 charge cycles. My "vaping" uses a battery every 4 - 6 hours or so. So, roughly four recharges per day. 600/4 = 150 days per battery.

The cartridge tip, aka as "filter tips" last, presumably, for the life of the ecig, as long as you keep them moist with juice, burn them hot and dry and they'll burn out. The only ones I've replaced are ones that I bit and cracked.

Atomizers are the "weak link". The ceramic and stainless steel heater is prone to failure (I've already burned one out) and the tiny microswitch inside, that closes the circuit to the heater when you "draw" is also prone to failure.

Order spares. They cost ten bucks. Or there is a model that has a manual switch instead of the silicone flapper switch that eliminates the problems with the "draw".

A large, 1 ounce "juice" of 36 mg nicotine strength, "Marlboro" flavored, costs 11 bucks. That lasts me two weeks and I "vape" pretty heavy.

A whole new unit costs $49.99

So, assuming I had to buy no new equipment, and only had to pay for the vapor juice, my cost would be roughly $22 a month. Let's round it up to $25.

Let's say I had to buy a new ecig kit every month (highly unlikely) and the juice.

I'd still only be out $75 or $150 for both of us.

That's, of course, just over half of what I was paying from one of the cheapest cig suppliers in the country.

robertwerden
07-13-2009, 10:05 PM
If you want to quit smoking the ecig works better than any other method.
Don't mess around go straight for model KR808D-1
I get mine from http://www.cigeasy.com/
The atomizers are disposable so you dont have to worry about anything. Just toss it once a day.
Daily operating cost is about $1.30
Personally I drip liquid in to extend the life for about 3 days which lowers my daily cost to about $0.60

unconsious767
07-14-2009, 01:21 AM
Thanks for the info, I'll probably just get a starter kit and jump in.