PDA

View Full Version : Disappointment with CFL

Asher
07-13-2009, 02:32 PM
I've been wanting this t-shirt for months. I thought I was finally going to get some help but instead, I got a reply asking me to buy the shirt after I told them about my economic situation. Below is my e-mail and their response.

Can anyone please help me with this situation? My e-mail address is aheimermann@gmail.com.

Asher,

We're sorry but we cannot send you a t-shirt. Feel free to order them online here (https://www.campaignforliberty.com/store/index.php).

Sincerely,

The Campaign for Liberty Team

On Sunday, June 21, 2009 at 5:52 AM, <aheimermann@gmail.com> wrote:

Mr. Tate,

My name is Asher Heimermann of Sheboygan, Wisconsin. I am a 10th grade student at Sheboygan South High School. I've been a Ron Paul supporter and fan for a few years. I wanted to know if I could get the Revolution Continues Tee (Size XL) sent to me.

I would buy it but I have no money and my father lives on a very limited income as he lost his job in January. I've been trying to look for a job but the market in my area seems to be doing poorly. Instead, I've been volunteering for non-profits that need help. I would like to get the shirt as I would like to finally show my support for Mr. Paul in my school and in my community.

Also, I have not been able to read any of his books because I havent seen any in any stores in my area - so I've been reading as much as I can online.

Thank you very much,

Mr. Asher Heimermann
Young Ron Paul Supporter

Mahkato
07-13-2009, 02:35 PM
They can't honor requests like that because C4L's opponents would request merchandise regularly with the goal of wasting C4L's resources.

paulpwns
07-13-2009, 02:36 PM
I am sure someone here would send you a shirt or a Ron Paul book but asking CFL directly wouldn't be very fruitful

TruthisTreason
07-13-2009, 02:38 PM
The Ayn Rand in me says: get a job...;)

Can find one... create one...

Asher
07-13-2009, 02:46 PM
Oh.

Austin
07-13-2009, 02:49 PM
Start a chipin and I'll give you $5 toward a t-shirt.

Kotin
07-13-2009, 02:51 PM
Start a chipin and I'll give you $5 toward a t-shirt.

I'll match that.

TruthisTreason
07-13-2009, 02:54 PM
Does your dad own a lawnmower?

It's a good time of year to get a job doing that....

When I was in 10th grade I had 3 jobs...

Asher
07-13-2009, 02:55 PM
The Revolution Continues Tee XL shirt I want, is like $15. The Campaign For Liberty Logo Tee is also $15. I've had had a job or even if I had that money, I would have no problem paying the $30 or so dollars.

Asher
07-13-2009, 02:57 PM
No. However, I do help create Facebook and MySpace profiles for a few dollars and I help older people learn how to use the computer.

Does your dad own a lawnmower?

It's a good time of year to get a job doing that....

When I was in 10th grade I had 3 jobs...

erowe1
07-13-2009, 02:57 PM
I've been wanting this t-shirt for months. I thought I was finally going to get some help but instead, I got a reply asking me to buy the shirt after I told them about my economic situation. Below is my e-mail and their response.

Can anyone please help me with this situation? My e-mail address is aheimermann@gmail.com.

Why are you disappointed? They did the only thing they could. They can't just give free t-shirts to everyone who asks. Like someone said, ask people for donations to pay for it. If you don't want to do that, then you shouldn't ask CFL to give it to you either, since that's the same thing.

Asher
07-13-2009, 03:02 PM
I didn't know if was okay to ask for donations here. Sorry for sounding dumb. :(

Kotin
07-13-2009, 03:09 PM
I didn't know if was okay to ask for donations here. Sorry for sounding dumb. :(

lol don't worry about that.. if you set up a chip-in we could help get you a shirt.

Asher
07-13-2009, 03:24 PM
Will this work?

http://heimermann.chipin.com/campaign-for-liberty-store

erowe1
07-13-2009, 03:26 PM
Will this work?

http://heimermann.chipin.com/campaign-for-liberty-store

I think so. But why is it $55? If you don't mind my saying so, that seems a bit much for a T-shirt.

Asher
07-13-2009, 03:28 PM
Revolution Continues Tee $14.99
Campaign For Liberty Logo Hoodie $24.99 (On-Sale)

Total: $ 39.98
+ $9.99 S&H

Plus, ChipIn/Paypal charges some kind of fee as well.

free.alive
07-13-2009, 03:31 PM
Lame reason to be disappointed.

I and many other coordinators have not received the Re-ID information that was to be released "within a couple weeks" after the Minneapolis conference.

It's almost been a year. Also, our state is most effectively organized by legislative district, and their web guy asserts that adding this information to the data, as well as the requisite organizational capacity, is not possible.

Lame.

We have had multitudes of conference calls in my state discussing how log into and use the website, as well as discussing things like what we can or cannot say as organizers, what our titles are morphing into and why, and that we must believe that we can recruit new people to pay money and go knock doors absent of any real objectives that will actually increase our numbers.

HR1207 is great. Been there, done that with the congresscritter. Yes, we'll nail the senator.

But we need to enact an agenda that actually speaks to people on issues that impact them in a more direct, visceral way. We need a legislative-district organizational structure that focuses leaders in heavily-populated areas on small, manageable jurisdictions. We need re-ID data available for each jurisdictional level available to every type of organizer - from "local coordinator" to "interim" state coordinator.

Every day a database is not maintained, its value and usefulness decreases by some measure.

Otherwise, and I'm serious, the organization is fabulous. Great training events, great training tools, and a great (although conspicuously incomplete and not ideal) organizational structure.

The leadership are working themselves to death. They are dedicated and wonderful people. However, if they require help to rectify the above problems, they have a talent and knowledge base far superior and more motivated compared to similar organizations.

All they need to do is ask.

Original_Intent
07-13-2009, 03:37 PM
The Revolution Continues Tee XL shirt I want, is like $15. The Campaign For Liberty Logo Tee is also $15. I've had had a job or even if I had that money, I would have no problem paying the $30 or so dollars.

So now you want 2 T-shirts? Problems of the welfare state, exhibit A.

Not to give you too bad of a time, but your mindset seems to be "Look at all the good things I am doing for free, someone should cough up for a t-shirt (or two) for me".

That sounds pretty leftist to me - throughout my life the left always talks about what great things they are doing, but they need someone else to pay them because they are doing charity work and aren't making any money....

Change of priorities: Before you can help someone else, you need to help yourself.

I am sure even here in Liberty Land someone is going to accuse me of being a mean spirited and selfish person for saying such a thing.

edit: and now I see it has grown to $55. L O L - hook this kid up with the Granny Warriors, they should take him under their wing.

LittleLightShining
07-13-2009, 03:45 PM

Not to give you too bad of a time, but your mindset seems to be "Look at all the good things I am doing for free, someone should cough up for a t-shirt (or two) for me".

That sounds pretty leftist to me - throughout my life the left always talks about what great things they are doing, but they need someone else to pay them because they are doing charity work and aren't making any money....

Change of priorities: Before you can help someone else, you need to help yourself.

I am sure even here in Liberty Land someone is going to accuse me of being a mean spirited and selfish person for saying such a thing.

edit: and now I see it has grown to $55. L O L - hook this kid up with the Granny Warriors, they should take him under their wing.I don't think you're mean.

Asher
07-13-2009, 03:47 PM
Well, I am sorry. I think it is really bad when the State of Wisconsin can only give my family $16 for food per month. And my father has been without a job since January. Before he was let go, he had a good job for almost four years and I did not need to ask for this kind of help before.

erowe1
07-13-2009, 03:59 PM
Well, I am sorry. I think it is really bad when the State of Wisconsin can only give my family $16 for food per month. And my father has been without a job since January. Before he was let go, he had a good job for almost four years and I did not need to ask for this kind of help before.

I am sorry about your family's situation. I understand that you're still a kid (10th grade is a kid in my opinion, no offense intended). So I'll give you some unsolicited advice keeping that in mind.

Whatever bad things have happened to your family, you have to get out of this victimhood thinking. The only people who will ultimately do what's in the interest of you and your parents are you and your parents. If you worry about blaming your miseries on the taxpayers of Wisconsin or anyone else, you'll forever be waiting for someone to fix things. Stop waiting and start doing. And don't say to yourself, "I can't." Say to yourself, "How can I?" Don't give up until you succeed.

Start learning how to be content with what little you have, and how to be self-sufficient and make the most of it. Look for ways to do things cheaply, and look for ways to make a buck so you can do them. Also, be patient. Don't insist on living like you're wealthier than you are. Save money, work hard, and look forward to the day when you can live like someone with more because you actually will be that person.

Here's an idea to get you started. You can make Campaign for Liberty T-Shirts for you and your whole family for just $10 if you buy iron on decals here, rather than getting the expensive stuff at the CFL store:
http://www.campaignforlibertystuff.com/

TruthisTreason
07-13-2009, 04:54 PM
The best thing anyone could do for this youngster is send him a copy of Anthem.. he needs it...:D:D

I

I

I

I

I

Chieftain1776
07-13-2009, 05:27 PM
Well I don't know about the apparel but you mentioned not being able to get books in your letter to C4L.

Most of the books here (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=129762)and here (http://www.campaignforliberty.com/edu/reading-list.php)are available in your local library free of charge. I actually googled your city and found a local library. Here it is (http://www.meadpubliclibrary.org/)...just click on EasiCat Library Catalog and perform your search. For example I did a search on your system (http://www.easicat.net/polaris/search/searchresults.aspx?ctx=35.1033.0.0.1&type=Browse&term=last%20best%20hope&by=TI&sort=PD_TI&limit=TOM=*&query=MTE=%27626844%27&page=0) for a just published book for which I reviewed for RPF (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=199571) (which I purchased) and they have it in stock but all the copies are checked out. Just wait a little while and even this new book will be available. For the older books they're usually available somewhere in the county. In some cases it's located in another branch in the county. If you can't make it to the branch where the book located you can click the "place request" button on the search result and they'll deliver it to your local branch free of charge.

This is great advice for everyone on RPF.

Hope this helps...

TruthisTreason
07-13-2009, 05:29 PM
Plenty of good FREE books over at http://www.mises.org not to mention mp3's and videos...

allisonzayne
07-13-2009, 07:02 PM
Asher,
we checked into this a bit and C4L is contacting you.
Be sure to check your email!

Allison Gibbs
Director of Outreach
Campaign for Liberty

satchelmcqueen
07-13-2009, 07:07 PM
hey asher,

could you tell me how this works...?
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=2208415#post2208415

couldnt you just use that money to buy your shirt? just curious. dont take that the wrong way...

Asher
07-13-2009, 08:27 PM
Hi Allison,

I will be sure to do that. Thank you.

haaaylee
07-13-2009, 09:18 PM
really? you're a ron paul supporter and you wanted something for free?

oiy.

haaaylee
07-13-2009, 09:21 PM

and your priority is a t-shirt?
beg us for food and maybe we'll chip in.

Epic
07-13-2009, 11:10 PM
really? you're a ron paul supporter and you wanted something for free?

oiy.

Come on now. He/She isn't asking the state. That's good.

haaaylee
07-13-2009, 11:28 PM
Come on now. He/She isn't asking the state. That's good.

Doesn't really matter who you ask, you can't complain because people won't give you things for free. Basic economics.

RonPaulFever
07-13-2009, 11:34 PM
Ridiculous request. I can't believe CFL even bothered to respond!

Asher
07-13-2009, 11:38 PM
Why is it so bad for me to request a t-shirt to show my support for Ron Paul and CFL? I already said that I was sorry that I don't have money to buy the shirt myself.

dr. hfn
07-14-2009, 12:46 AM
chip in!!!

fr33domfightr
07-14-2009, 01:39 AM
Why is it so bad for me to request a t-shirt to show my support for Ron Paul and CFL? I already said that I was sorry that I don't have money to buy the shirt myself.

I've gotten lots of free tshirts just by being active in the movement. At many events people are giving away tshirts.

FF

LibertyEagle
07-14-2009, 02:30 AM

Because T-shirts do not grow on trees. Because to "give" you the shirts you want, C4L would have to use some of the money that has been donated to them, from us and others. Money we did not have to give, but we did. Many of us do without other things in our lives so that we can send money to groups like C4L. Money we donated to them to fight for our liberty; not to buy people t-shirts.

Make sense now?

Philmanoman
07-14-2009, 05:54 AM
Hey...my house payment is 1400$ a month and Im down to 32 hours a week...its not my fault...can I have a couple shirts :p:p Maybe CFL should get into the free shirt giveaway business.

LittleLightShining
07-14-2009, 05:58 AM
Maybe C4L should start giving away t-shirts instead of sending out fundraising mailers. Walking advertisements would probably draw more people into membership.

liberalnurse
07-14-2009, 06:07 AM
ok. So I chipped in. Maybe it's the Mom in me but I want the kid to have the t-shirt.

newbitech
07-14-2009, 07:03 AM
Why not make your own t-shirt?

LibertyIn08
07-14-2009, 07:23 AM
Do you want a job?

ChaCha.com

You'll end up making about $4/hour if you're an expediter, but, at the end of the day, it is still money.

fr33domfightr
07-14-2009, 11:02 AM
A lot of people need help moving, or doing odd jobs. That's part of the niche the illegal aliens were filling, aside from the construction work they were doing.

Now that the job market has slumped, many of those illegals have gone home.

You might try going to their normal loitering areas and see if you can pick up some of their work. I'm sure many americans would prefer to give a young american guy a job. You just have to be willing to work.

Based on a story in the local paper, many of the illegals in Cali were pulling $100 per day. They also got their lunch for free. Plus, all that money was earned under-the-table.

I'd be surprised if you couldn't get at least $10 per hour doing this.

FF

UtahApocalypse
07-14-2009, 11:03 AM

edit: and now I see it has grown to $55. L O L - hook this kid up with the Granny Warriors, they should take him under their wing.

<---- This, Sounds very much like your becoming addicted to the 'welfare' state mentality.

It hit me. Reading this thread, and your post here it finally dawned on me. The reason the economy is failing, and Obama is not doing anything (other then the opposite) to fix it is they WANT people to get that welfare state mentality. When you lose everything thanks to the Government system, you will gladly accept anything, and everything from that system and start expecting it from everywhere.

LibertyEagle
07-14-2009, 11:09 AM
Heck, a buddy of mine in college, earned half of her living expenses each month by washing windows for a number of businesses. All it takes is a bucket, a squeegee on a pole, a sponge and a bottle of white vinegar or ammonia.

MsDoodahs
07-14-2009, 11:25 AM
Maybe C4L should start giving away t-shirts instead of sending out fundraising mailers. Walking advertisements would probably draw more people into membership.

Absolutely.

I keep getting nice big glossy CRAP mailed to me every two weeks or so. Asking for money, of course.

Printing and mailing that crap costs a LOT of money.

CFL will get no more money from me because IMO, they are blowing what they get on these mailers rather than provide quality materials FOR ACTIVISTS IN THE FIELD. I'd be very happy to contribute again IF I SAW CFL USING THE MONEY TO HELP ACTIVISTS.

Instead, I see CFL using the money I sent to make some printer VERY happy while hoping that I'll keep sending them money.

Not happening.

I've been generous with them in the past; I believe they have had AMPLE time to get their act together. They have not.

So, no more money from me.

fr33domfightr
07-14-2009, 11:34 AM
<---- This, Sounds very much like your becoming addicted to the 'welfare' state mentality.

But isn't this true of most youngsters still living at home?? They DEPEND on someone in authority (their Parents) for their survival. When they leave High School, their taught to DEPEND on a government handout or loan for College Tuition.

Is it any surprise then, when they join the Democratic Party, and expect the Government to take care of people?? Or expect free this or free that?

I think its conditioning. Only after getting older and getting taxed do they finally realize that money doesn't really come from the government at all. Then they change party affiliation, and don't expect freebies.

FF

LibertyEagle
07-14-2009, 11:39 AM
That's weird. I'm not getting the mailers. Could it be because I'm a member of C4L? :confused:

fr33domfightr
07-14-2009, 11:43 AM
I'm getting the mailers. I haven't logged in to CFL in some time, but I'm very active in our local CFL. I think they shouldn't be mailing stuff to me asking for money, I'm donating my time already, but they probably don't know that.

FF

JoshLowry
07-14-2009, 11:43 AM
That's weird. I'm not getting the mailers. Could it be because I'm a member of C4L? :confused:

No, I get lots of them as well.

There should be an opt-out from the snail mail for those that get their info from the web.

Mailers asking for money are probably net positive or all the organizations out there wouldn't do it.

gls
07-14-2009, 11:46 AM
I would assume (hope) that the direct-mail raises more money than it costs.

Although if there was a way to opt out I would.

brandon
07-14-2009, 11:49 AM
Yea I get those things every two weeks or so. One time I did send $100 back to them though. So even though it seems like a giant waste I guess they do net positive, as Josh said.

MsDoodahs
07-14-2009, 11:51 AM
They can use email to hit me up for more money. Which, they do.

Heck, we get phone calls now and then from them, too. I have donated every time I got a personal phone call, but I won't be doing that any more, either.

Since CFL can't seem to use the money to help activists on the ground, I'm giving what otherwise would go to CFL for that purpose and just doing it myself.

Just my way of doing it, y'all - I'm not advocating that you guys do the same.

It's your money - do with it what you please.

:D

LittleLightShining
07-14-2009, 12:08 PM
That's weird. I'm not getting the mailers. Could it be because I'm a member of C4L? :confused:I get them.

I'm getting the mailers. I haven't logged in to CFL in some time, but I'm very active in our local CFL. I think they shouldn't be mailing stuff to me asking for money, I'm donating my time already, but they probably don't know that.

FFI log in regularly, post blogs when I have something to share, use the calendar feature, try to send messages via their mailing system (with not much luck) and generally do whatever I can to spread the word. I'm a county coordinator and one of the original VT members. I don't have $ to contribute but I do have time and energy.

I would assume (hope) that the direct-mail raises more money than it costs.

Although if there was a way to opt out I would.I'm pretty sure they do make money from it but it's wasteful to send mailers to people who use the internet.

Personally, I think their money would be better spent by giving state chapters/activists credit toward material to distribute to grow their organizations via word of mouth rather than direct mailing people. Even if the mailers net results, the LC's have no way of knowing who those folks are if national doesn't tell them.

It's a top down approach to what's supposed to be a bottom up organization.

Matt Collins
07-14-2009, 12:45 PM
Their correspondence begging for donations are starting to get old

LibertyEagle
07-14-2009, 12:48 PM
Yeah, so is the infringement of our government on our liberty.

Unfortunately, it takes money and effort to fight it.

angelatc
07-14-2009, 12:52 PM
Doesn't really matter who you ask, you can't complain because people won't give you things for free. Basic economics.

Indeed. It never hurts to ask, but that's where it should stop.

I second the lawnmower idea.

MsDoodahs
07-14-2009, 12:53 PM
And that's the point - the money going to CFL isn't generating efforts to fight the infringement.

angelatc
07-14-2009, 12:54 PM
They can use email to hit me up for more money. Which, they do.

Heck, we get phone calls now and then from them, too. I have donated every time I got a personal phone call, but I won't be doing that any more, either.

Since CFL can't seem to use the money to help activists on the ground, I'm giving what otherwise would go to CFL for that purpose and just doing it myself.

Just my way of doing it, y'all - I'm not advocating that you guys do the same.

It's your money - do with it what you please.

:D

That seems to be what the Michigan CFL group is advocating, too. I'm much happier giving money locally to specific ends (help buy fliers, signs, a booth.....whatever) than tossing it into a large pool where I have no control.

I *still* don't understand the necessity of the CFL. There's no going back now, but why didn't they steer us to the Liberty PAC instead of setting up yet another organization?

AuH2O
07-14-2009, 12:55 PM
And that's the point - the money going to CFL isn't generating efforts to fight the infringement.

Every mailer I've gotten has had a petition, which I know C4L is delivering because I've seen the pictures.

So by sending these letters they net money for grassroots training and other expenditures, AND generate petitions to Congress. Doesn't sound like the worst model to me.

haaaylee
07-14-2009, 12:55 PM

Make your own shirt to show support.

angelatc
07-14-2009, 12:58 PM
Every mailer I've gotten has had a petition, which I know C4L is delivering because I've seen the pictures.

So by sending these letters they net money for grassroots training and other expenditures, AND generate petitions to Congress. Doesn't sound like the worst model to me.

No, but the last petitions they sent to us had the wrong representatives on them. Sigh.

LibertyEagle
07-14-2009, 12:59 PM
Seems to me that holding regional trainings for the grassroots is for the purpose of generating successful efforts to fight the infringement. But, I guess they don't help much if we don't attend. I know I haven't yet. Shame on me. :(

MsDoodahs
07-14-2009, 01:04 PM
No, but the last petitions they sent to us had the wrong representatives on them. Sigh.

Damn. Hate hearing that.

AuH2O
07-14-2009, 01:07 PM

If they've been correct in the past, C4L obviously has the correct data. An occasional slip up at the print shop is to be expected when mailing in bulk.

Mani
07-14-2009, 02:23 PM

Asher. I think the people here at RPF are trying to help you see things from a different perspective.

I feel sorry for you and your family, you're going through some rough times right now.

Yet a lot of people on here are saying you sound like a welfare state victim instead of a Ron Paul supporter who wants to eliminate the welfare state. You are asking WI tax payers to take better care of your family, you are complaining they are not doing enough for you.

What everyone here is trying to say is, "Dont have the VICTIM mentality." You have a financial problem, why not doing something about it?

No one is saying you haven't tried, but try harder. Especially, right now it's summer time you can dedicate much more time earning. And it doesn't make sense to give ALL your time to charity so that another charity must then PAY you to keep from starving. Save the tax payer's money and help yourself first.

Try a couple things, either the old fashioned way:
1) Grocery stocker.
2) Paper Boy.
3) Mow lawns.
4) Any type of helpful physical labor. (this is pretty much limitless).
5) Lemonade stand.
6) Baby Sitting.
7) WASH CARS.

Or try new ways:
1) Sell your stuff on ebay or help others sell stuff on ebay and take a commission.
2) If you are good with computers, help people setup computers or get setup online.
3) Create an interesting entertaining blog and bring in google adwords.

These are just a few ideas I've come up in 2-3 minutes. There are a lot of creative ways to earn income. You can ask for a real low amount like $4-$5. (My son was thrilled when I told him he can wash my car and earn FIVE BUCKS. That includes waxing!) If you work 10-15 hours this week you've already earned your TWO t-shirts.

People on the streets in Miami sell cold bottled water for $3-$5 while standing on the sidewalk. They sell shrimp, flowers, mangoes, limes, newspapers, HOLD up STUDENT car wash signs and everything else you can imagine. All year long various high school team sports have fund raisers which are car washes and things in order to attend distant tournaments and such.

I'm not saying you need to stand on the sidewalk and sell something, but I'm saying there are LIMITLESS ways to earn $50.

And if you find something that works pretty well, then maybe you can keep earning and help out your family. I'm sure they'd be thrilled if you were earning $100 a week (that's 20 - 25hours) and able to help out the family. I knew kids in high school that worked 20 hours a week DURING school and maintained good grades, so that's not a lot of hours in the summertime.

Asher. Please EARN your t-shirt. That's being a true Ron Paul Supporter.

Please don't take offense. You are young and we want you to have the correct mindset as you are our precious next generation. We don't want our next generation NEEDING handouts or expecting handouts or being victims.

We want them to find creative solutions to their problems and not need the government or someone else to bail them out.

Please understand we want to help you get that T-shirt but without you needing a handout.

Asher
07-14-2009, 04:45 PM
Okay. I've been hoping that people would sign up for AT&T Uverse via my link. I've posted some great cash back deals here (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=199631).

I do want to thank Jody for chiping in $15 to help me reach my $30 goal (http://heimermann.chipin.com/campaign-for-liberty-store).

werdd
07-14-2009, 04:49 PM
leech

Asher
07-14-2009, 04:52 PM
Leech?

LibertyEagle
07-15-2009, 04:08 AM
Okay. I've been hoping that people would sign up for AT&T Uverse via my link. I've posted some great cash back deals here (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=199631).

I do want to thank Jody for chiping in $15 to help me reach my $30 goal (http://heimermann.chipin.com/campaign-for-liberty-store).

Asher, it doesn't seem like you took the time to read what Mani clearly spent some time to write for you.

Please go back and read it and think about what he said.

Kludge
07-15-2009, 04:13 AM

I neglected to sign up and got a mailer yesterday. I couldn't bear to open it and threw it away before walking inside.

Bman
07-15-2009, 04:27 AM
Hey Asher as far as online reading, check out stuff at http://mises.org/.

Another good place http://www.lewrockwell.com/.

And of course http://www.campaignforliberty.com/.

More than enough reading for a life time between those three sites.

Here's a suggested video.

YouTube - The Philosophy of Liberty (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muHg86Mys7I)

BTW hang in there. My father was mostly unemployed from the time I was 7-13. It can be tough sometimes. Plus if you live near any farms ask farmers if they need help. I was bagging oats, fertilizer and bailing hay for a nearby farmer when I was 14. Not the best pay, but it bought me two guitars.

LibertyIn08
07-15-2009, 07:39 AM
Asher Heimermann was born in Sheboygan, Wisconsin on November 27, 1993. He is a member of the Democratic National Committee and Young Democrats of America. He is also a Community Field Organizer for serveral political campaigns. Heimermann recently was an Intern for Barack Obama's presidential campaign. He raised $13,725 from 335 people on his personal fundraising page that was located on BarackObama.com for Barack Obama and Joe Biden.

From his own website.

erowe1
07-15-2009, 07:51 AM
Thanks for catching that Liberty. I feel sorry for the people who actually gave him money. He stole from them, straight up, and if CFL did end up sending him something, like it looks like they probably did, then same goes for that. That's clearly fraud, and I bet that criminal charges could be filed.

LittleLightShining
07-15-2009, 08:03 AM
These revelations come as no surprise to me. This kid is a typical generation-gimme, Democrat-brainwashed scheister.

MsDoodahs
07-15-2009, 08:03 AM
Wow. That reinforces my opinion of dem activists as total scumbags.

Anyone know if this person has ripped off any RPFs members?

AuH2O
07-15-2009, 08:06 AM
While Heimermann supports the Democratic National Committee and Democrats, Heimermann also supports Republicans such as Ron Paul from Texas and Scott Walker from Wisconsin. Alone we can do so much, but together we will stand united as one.

Also from his website.

LittleLightShining
07-15-2009, 08:12 AM
Also from his website.

I wonder when he added that part :rolleyes:

LibertyEagle
07-15-2009, 08:14 AM
I wonder when he added that part :rolleyes:

It was on there by the time he linked to his site, because I saw it there on my first visit. He's like 14 or 15 years old, folks.

MsDoodahs
07-15-2009, 08:14 AM
FYI - I'm temp banning until admin can review - I don't want our members ripped off through sad stories or otherwise.

MsD

LibertyEagle
07-15-2009, 08:21 AM
There is enough information available that if someone chooses to give him money, well, it is their choice to do so. It is one of our own members who suggested he setup the Chip-in.

MsDoodahs
07-15-2009, 08:26 AM
According to his website, he was able to raise over 13K for Obama - yet CFL is sending him FREE stuff because he claims can't raise enough to buy a tee shirt himself?

After all the suggestions on how to earn money he's gotten here in this very thread?

WTF?

Barney
07-15-2009, 08:32 AM
The kid gets around:

YouTube - Who Is Asher Heimermann? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1jvAbSN3AA)

Mani
07-15-2009, 09:17 AM
The kid gets around:

YouTube - Who Is Asher Heimermann? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1jvAbSN3AA)

No wonder this kid was asking for a handout. He's hardcore, LET THE STATE TAKE CARE OF ME. I NEED A HANDOUT, I NEED A BAILOUT, why isn't the state taking BETTER care of me???

Disappointment with the CFL is the title of this thread. Because I couldn't get a Tshirt, because I'm too busy taking care of the state, so the state should take care of me.

If this is the attitude of the next generation, UGH, we are in trouble.

fr33domfightr
07-15-2009, 09:33 AM
If this guy is that young, then again it reiterates what I said in post #46. Being DEPENDENT on someone mimics ideas embraced by the Democratic Party. Its almost expected young people will gravitate toward the Democratic Party because its just like having a parent watching over you.

The original poster should take this as a learning experience, even if he doesn't quite understand it. At this moment, he's dependent, and submits to orders from his parents. No one has probably taught him to be INDEPENDENT, and think for himself. If I had to guess, I'd say his parents are democrats as well. He definitely needs to learn and/or read more.

FF

JoshLowry
07-15-2009, 10:32 AM
FYI - I'm temp banning until admin can review - I don't want our members ripped off through sad stories or otherwise.

MsD

Unbanned for now.

Don't ask for any more money here Asher.

I've deleted your ATT Uverse thread.

Kludge
07-15-2009, 10:45 AM
Well, FWIW, I happen to have a few Obama pins/shirts/bumper stickers I was sent as a gratuity which haven't seen any use. :D

Asher
07-15-2009, 12:13 PM
Yup. This is what I get. I don't tell sad stories. I tell people how it is.

Asher
07-15-2009, 12:18 PM
BTW, I didn't rip anyone off, how could I? Oh thats right, its because I am a Democrat.

Remember folks, I support Ron Paul. I made that clear from the start.

Kludge
07-15-2009, 12:19 PM
//

JoshLowry
07-15-2009, 12:21 PM
BTW, I didn't rip anyone off, how could I? Oh thats right, its because I am a Democrat.

No, that's not why. It has nothing to do with political party.

You are not an established member. I sent you a pm on this. I'm not going to allow any new member that joins to profit off the traffic here via referral links.

If you want to benefit from the generosity of our members then you should establish yourself as someone that fights for liberty. Right now you have zero street cred.

acptulsa
07-15-2009, 12:22 PM
According to his website, he was able to raise over 13K for Obama

What is that Sesame Street song? One of these things is not like the other?

This is the kind of dichotomy that sets my b.s. detector off. Funny how that works...

Asher
07-15-2009, 12:25 PM
I am just a high school student who wants to make a difference in my community.

acptulsa
07-15-2009, 12:28 PM
I am just a high school student who wants to make a difference in my community.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. You don't need a car yet. You need a compass first, so you know which way to actually point your political vehicle when you build one. Otherwise, you're Sarah Palin--you may want to help, but you'll wind up taking advice from someone who wants to use you for something else. Won't you?

Suppose I said you were putting the cart before the horse. If you don't know which way is forward (and "supporting" "both" Obama and the C4L indicates you don't; I put those words in quotes because I couldn't help but notice who got the money and who got the begging letter) then how on earth can you argue that you aren't, indeed, getting that cart in front of the steed?

Mahkato
07-15-2009, 12:28 PM
Asher, don't get scared off by this thread. Stick around, but don't ask for any favors for a while because you've (unintentionally, probably) created a bit of distrust.

Read some of the links others have posted, watch the Philosophy of Liberty, and read How an Economy Grows and Why it Doesn't (http://freedom-school.com/money/how-an-economy-grows.pdf) and Economics in One Lesson (http://jim.com/econ/).

Mahkato
07-15-2009, 12:38 PM
You don't need a car yet. You need a compass first, so you know which way to actually point your political vehicle when you build one.

Well said.

Asher, all sorts of people in life will try to use you if you let them. I'd much rather you fully study and understand Ron Paul's stances and the Austrian economic viewpoint and then decide you disagree, than to have you sorta-kinda know that Ron Paul is a good guy and make random political actions which you hope may help.

There are a lot of Democrats who are drawn to Ron Paul for a number of reasons, but understand that many of Ron Paul's positions are polar opposite of many of the Democrats' positions. There are also some things that Ron Paul and the Democrats agree on. It's up to you to know and understand both sides (or more!) on each issue, and to learn how all the issues are connected to each other -- no small task of course. I am sure I'll be learning for the rest of my life. But I do have to say that I learned more in the last 2 years about my country, my freedoms, my government, and my philosophy on life than I did in the previous 20.

What were your reasons for liking Ron Paul initially? What attracted you, and where did you hear about him?

Bman
07-15-2009, 12:40 PM

Support Ron Paul =! Support Obama

I will suggest this much. If you spent half the time on looking for work as it seems you do trying to be political you wouldn't be asking for handouts. Not to mention if you have an ability to get traffic on the internet you already have the ability to make money.

Asher
07-15-2009, 12:56 PM
Look, I've been looking at selling advertising space on my website (www.asherheimermann.com) but I've had no one that wants to buy space. I mean, I don't charge that much.

JoshLowry
07-15-2009, 12:58 PM
Look, I've been looking at selling advertising space on my website (www.asherheimermann.com (http://www.asherheimermann.com/)) but I've had no one that wants to buy space. I mean, I don't charge that much.

Did you miss this post?

Asher. I think the people here at RPF are trying to help you see things from a different perspective.

I feel sorry for you and your family, you're going through some rough times right now.

Yet a lot of people on here are saying you sound like a welfare state victim instead of a Ron Paul supporter who wants to eliminate the welfare state. You are asking WI tax payers to take better care of your family, you are complaining they are not doing enough for you.

What everyone here is trying to say is, "Dont have the VICTIM mentality." You have a financial problem, why not doing something about it?

No one is saying you haven't tried, but try harder. Especially, right now it's summer time you can dedicate much more time earning. And it doesn't make sense to give ALL your time to charity so that another charity must then PAY you to keep from starving. Save the tax payer's money and help yourself first.

1) Grocery stocker.
2) Paper Boy.
3) Mow lawns.
5) Lemonade stand.
6) Baby Sitting.
7) WASH CARS.

Or try new ways:
1) Sell your stuff on ebay or help others sell stuff on ebay and take a commission.
2) If you are good with computers, help people setup computers or get setup online.

These are just a few ideas I've come up in 2-3 minutes. There are a lot of creative ways to earn income. You can ask for a real low amount like $4-$5. (My son was thrilled when I told him he can wash my car and earn FIVE BUCKS. That includes waxing!) If you work 10-15 hours this week you've already earned your TWO t-shirts.

People on the streets in Miami sell cold bottled water for $3-$5 while standing on the sidewalk. They sell shrimp, flowers, mangoes, limes, newspapers, HOLD up STUDENT car wash signs and everything else you can imagine. All year long various high school team sports have fund raisers which are car washes and things in order to attend distant tournaments and such.

I'm not saying you need to stand on the sidewalk and sell something, but I'm saying there are LIMITLESS ways to earn $50.

And if you find something that works pretty well, then maybe you can keep earning and help out your family. I'm sure they'd be thrilled if you were earning $100 a week (that's 20 - 25hours) and able to help out the family. I knew kids in high school that worked 20 hours a week DURING school and maintained good grades, so that's not a lot of hours in the summertime.

Please don't take offense. You are young and we want you to have the correct mindset as you are our precious next generation. We don't want our next generation NEEDING handouts or expecting handouts or being victims.

We want them to find creative solutions to their problems and not need the government or someone else to bail them out.

Please understand we want to help you get that T-shirt but without you needing a handout.

acptulsa
07-15-2009, 12:59 PM
Look, I've been looking at selling advertising space on my website (www.asherheimermann.com) but I've had no one that wants to buy space. I mean, I don't charge that much.

Another plug? Careful...

If you're whining about the free market, you've come to the wrong place. Now, if you said 'help me improve my product, please,' you might get a better response...

Asher
07-15-2009, 01:00 PM
I did see that post. However, I have a few months before I turn 16. The State of Wisconsin requires teenagers to be 16 or older in order to work. I've tried my local newspaper but they said that I was not doing a good job.

Original_Intent
07-15-2009, 01:01 PM
No, that's not why. It has nothing to do with political party.

You are not an established member. I sent you a pm on this. I'm not going to allow any new member that joins to profit off the traffic here via referral links.

If you want to benefit from the generosity of our members then you should establish yourself as someone that fights for liberty. Right now you have zero street cred.

Sums up exactly how I feel. He supports Ron Paul but raised $13K+ for Obama.

Sorry, even if he is a kid, I have a 15 year old and a 12 year old myself, and they would both know that doesn't add up. This thread stucnk from the get go, he started out wanting a T-Shirt and within just a few posts that had become $55 that he needed. If he had gotten off his ass and even done some menial labor, he would have made several hundred dollars by now. But he would rather get money via handout or get rich quick schemes than do any actual work. I guess he can't get his hands dirty.

Asher
No, it is not another plug. I am just saying that I've done. And I've already asked for feedback about my 2012 campaign in the 2012 Planning forum.

Another plug? Careful...

If you're whining about the free market, you've come to the wrong place. Now, if you said 'help me improve my product, please,' you might get a better response...

JoshLowry
You don't need approval from the government to work.

Go ask some business owners if you can wash their windows.

Do web design and post your services on craigslist.

Bman
07-15-2009, 01:04 PM
I did see that post. However, I have a few months before I turn 16. The State of Wisconsin requires teenagers to be 16 or older in order to work. I've tried my local newspaper but they said that I was not doing a good job.

Have you put google ads up on your site? It's summer. Have you looked for any jobs such as mowing lawns, summer camp help, pulling weeds.

You don't have to wait for someone to offer you work, you have to go out and offer your services.

JoshLowry
07-15-2009, 01:05 PM
Look, I've been looking at selling advertising space on my website (www.asherheimermann.com (http://www.asherheimermann.com)) but I've had no one that wants to buy space. I mean, I don't charge that much.

Why would anyone advertise there?

You need fresh unique content on a daily basis so that visitors will keep coming back. Your blog doesn't work, so no content there.

Who will visit your site multiple times just to reread your home page?

I'm not trying to hurt your feelings, that's just how it works. :)

Kludge
07-15-2009, 01:08 PM
You don't have to wait for someone to offer you work, you have to go out and offer your services.

That isn't the "Path to Success"!

1) Go to school. More is better.

2) Work or cheat. Less is better.

3) Get good grades. More is better.

4) ????. ????.

5) Profit. (More is better)

Mani
07-15-2009, 01:21 PM

I was born and raised in WI, I lived there until I was 26 years old.

I had a lemonade stand there when I was 8 years old and the state of WI did not fine me for not having a license.

I shoveled snow for the neighbors in the winter (when I was younger than you) for a few bucks and the state of WI did not come after me for not charging sales tax for my services.

Please don't bring the state into this, there are a ton of odd jobs a kid could be doing in the summertime.

G-Wohl
07-15-2009, 01:28 PM
This Asher guy really shows his age well. He is a literate, well-spoken individual, who completely lacks a basic premise. He lacks the possession of a fundamental moral code.

He wishes to have an organization provide him with goods on a whim. He wants people to donate to him on a whim. He expects to raise ad revenues on his blog on a whim. He is an individual driven by whims.

I certainly feel a human sadness for his situation, but that's as far as I can go. How could I legitimately abandon my own moral code - of objective reality, individual responsibility, and work ethic - just because his situation is different from mine?

This guy needs to learn how to make a living. He is continuously taking the easy way out. Time to give him a dose of reality:

At your age, nobody makes substantial money without either physical labor, boring labor, or an extremely special skill set. This remains the case when you grow older as well, only the special skill set takes precedence over the other two things. The fact is: nobody will want to buy ad space on your blog - a blog that is truly a dime a dozen in the modern world. Nobody will give you free stuff, no matter how bad your situation - particularly in the libetarian/minarchist communities. You need to work for your money.

If you want to get ahead, don't rely on your father. Take the initiative - work at the gas station, at your local supermarket, etc. Frugal living is still a comfortable possibility these days - make it happen.

LibertyEagle
07-15-2009, 01:29 PM

So you were delivering newspapers, didn't do a good job and were let go? If that's so, Asher, try to learn from it. Find out what you weren't doing well, if you don't already know. Then, try to correct your mistakes next time. If you do not understand what it is that you did wrong, you will repeat it again in some other job. Who knows, if you go meet with the person and show that you care about knowing how to improve and convincing them that you will do better, they just might give you another chance. But, if you do this, make darn sure that you do one fantastic job.

You've said that the state of Wisconsin requires you to be 16 to work. I hope you read what Josh said to you. You don't need the government's permission to go earn some extra money. Manual labor is probably your best bet. I posted about how you could earn some relatively easy money by washing windows. Seriously, Asher, it costs very little to get into this, doesn't require a huge amount of work, and pays handsomely. Try it. Depending upon where you live, go downtown and stop in the stores and ask them if they need their front store windows washed. They may already have someone, but if you show that you can do a good job at a much lower price, you may get the job. If nothing else, Asher, this would be a great learning experience for you.

Someone else mentioned washing cars. Just hold up a sign, Asher, that you will wash their car for $5. Bring in a buddy with you, if you want. It will make it more fun and you will be faster.

Read through the thread again and you will see all kinds of ways that you can earn money. You will feel much better if you earn the money you want on your own and I'm sure your Dad will be proud of you.

The rest is up to you, Asher.

LibertyIn08
07-15-2009, 01:35 PM
So you were delivering newspapers, didn't do a good job and were let go? If that's so, Asher, try to learn from it. Find out what you weren't doing well, if you don't already know. Then, try to correct your mistakes next time. If you do not understand what it is that you did wrong, you will repeat it again in some other job. Who knows, if you go meet with the person and show that you care about knowing how to improve and convincing them that you will do better, they just might give you another chance. But, if you do this, make darn sure that you do one fantastic job.

You've said that the state of Wisconsin requires you to be 16 to work. I hope you read what Josh said to you. You don't need the government's permission to go earn some extra money. Manual labor is probably your best bet. I posted about how you could earn some relatively easy money by washing windows. Seriously, Asher, it costs very little to get into this, doesn't require a huge amount of work, and pays handsomely. Try it. Depending upon where you live, go downtown and stop in the stores and ask them if they need their front store windows washed. They may already have someone, but if you show that you can do a good job at a much lower price, you may get the job. If nothing else, Asher, this would be a great learning experience for you.

Someone else mentioned washing cars. Just hold up a sign, Asher, that you will wash their car for $5. Bring in a buddy with you, if you want. It will make it more fun and you will be faster.

Read through the thread again and you will see all kinds of ways that you can earn money. You will feel much better if you earn the money you want on your own and I'm sure your Dad will be proud of you.

The rest is up to you, Asher.

We know you can do it - indeed, you did it for 2-3 days a week for Obama.

homah
07-15-2009, 01:38 PM
Get your ass on craigslist and buy a used lawnmower for $50. Start walking around, find overgrown lawns and offer to mow them for $10-20 (basically undercut the professional services). You'll break even in a day and from there it is all profit.

When winter comes, get a shovel and walk door-to-door offering to clear driveways/sidewalks. My friend and I did this when we were 12 and made $100 each in a day, which was big money for us at that age. That $100 is probably more like $200 these days, btw.

Mani
07-15-2009, 02:10 PM
Get your ass on craigslist and buy a used lawnmower for $50. Start walking around, find overgrown lawns and offer to mow them for $10-20 (basically undercut the professional services). You'll break even in a day and from there it is all profit.

When winter comes, get a shovel and walk door-to-door offering to clear driveways/sidewalks. My friend and I did this when we were 12 and made $100 each in a day, which was big money for us at that age. That $100 is probably more like $200 these days, btw.

I remember a bunch of the kids in the neighborhood did this. The neighbors were happy they didn't have to spend the time, energy, and cardiac arrest on shoveling, plus they didn't have to pay some professional a higher cost to do it. The kids loved it because they made some decent cash for being a kid!

Still some of the kids complained they never had money to buy new video games while they sat indoors and watched TV.

pacelli
07-15-2009, 02:13 PM
$55 for a couple t-shirts is much more of an worthwhile expense than spending $16 of taxpayer dollars on food per month.

I'd say spend no money on food per month and buy another t-shirt every month instead. The t-shirts last much longer than food anyway.

I think I'm going to sell my stockpiles of food and ammunition and trade them for t-shirts.

I'm disappointed with Winchester because they won't give me free ammunition because I can't afford it.

I'm disappointed with Porsche because they won't give me a free car. Years and years ago, my dad worked 2 jobs to keep food on our family, why is Porsche being so mean?

brandon
07-15-2009, 02:14 PM
I had several jobs by the time I was 15.

I started cutting my neighbors grass for $20 a pop around the time I was 11. I shoveled driveways in the winter.

I got a newspaper delivery job when I was 12 that lasted about a year.

When I was 14 I got a job at a movie theater making $6.00/hr.

There's no excuse for not being able to make money, especially in the summertime when you have no school work.

acptulsa
07-15-2009, 02:19 PM
I'm disappointed with Porsche because they won't give me a free car. Years and years ago, my dad worked 2 jobs to keep food on our family, why is Porsche being so mean?

Not me. Must make amendz.

YouTube - Janis Joplin - Mercedes Benz (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-g7Q7hXn7o)

LittleLightShining
07-15-2009, 02:20 PM
I did see that post. However, I have a few months before I turn 16. The State of Wisconsin requires teenagers to be 16 or older in order to work. I've tried my local newspaper but they said that I was not doing a good job.How disappointing.

$55 for a couple t-shirts is much more of an worthwhile expense than spending $16 of taxpayer dollars on food per month.

I'd say spend no money on food per month and buy another t-shirt every month instead. The t-shirts last much longer than food anyway.

I think I'm going to sell my stockpiles of food and ammunition and trade them for t-shirts.

I'm disappointed with Winchester because they won't give me free ammunition because I can't afford it.

Too funny!

angelatc
07-15-2009, 02:24 PM
I did see that post. However, I have a few months before I turn 16. The State of Wisconsin requires teenagers to be 16 or older in order to work.

That's not true. http://www.dwd.state.wi.us/dwd/publications/erd/pdf/erd_9212_p.pdf

acptulsa
07-15-2009, 02:28 PM
That's not true.

The plot thickens. Hey, I can't work because I'm addicted to this place. If I start a chip in, would you sucke--er, I mean kind-hearted people support me?

Asher
07-15-2009, 02:30 PM
McDs won't let me work there.... but never the less, I've ask around my neighborhood and see what I can do.

Mani
07-15-2009, 02:33 PM
That's not true. http://www.dwd.state.wi.us/dwd/publications/erd/pdf/erd_9212_p.pdf

Thanks for pointing that out. I was pretty sure my friends were 14-15 when they started bagging groceries.

Even so we've listed numerous other ways to make money, things kids did in Middle School.

pacelli
07-15-2009, 02:35 PM
McDs won't let me work there.... but never the less, I've ask around my neighborhood and see what I can do.

As you've linked prominently on your website, maybe recovery.gov is your best hope, or better yet, the white house. Ron Paul supporter you say?

Asher Heimermann was born in Sheboygan, Wisconsin on November 27, 1993. He is a member of the Democratic National Committee and Young Democrats of America. He is also a Community Field Organizer for serveral political campaigns. Heimermann recently was an Intern for Barack Obama's presidential campaign. He raised $13,725 from 335 people on his personal fundraising page that was located on BarackObama.com for Barack Obama and Joe Biden.

Funny Asher, I didn't notice any mention of volunteering for Ron Paul's presidential campaign. But at least Ron got honorable mention, right?

LittleLightShining
07-15-2009, 02:35 PM
I still don't understand why you even want a shirt. What about the Campaign For Liberty appeals to you?

pacelli
07-15-2009, 02:37 PM
I still don't understand why you even want a shirt. What about the Campaign For Liberty appeals to you?

Asher is an expert fundraiser, he raised over 13,000 for President Obama's presidential campaign! Follow the money!

pacelli
07-15-2009, 02:39 PM
By the way, Asher has the capability to make his own t-shirts too. Linked off of his website:

http://www.cafepress.com/aheimermann/

Get your "Official Asher" merchandise!

Asher
07-15-2009, 02:41 PM
BTW, no one buys anything from that store anyway. I don't even link to it anymore.

acptulsa
07-15-2009, 02:42 PM
By the way, Asher has the capability to make his own t-shirts too. Linked off of his website:

Ha! The plot just thickened so much it's stuck in the mud!

pacelli
07-15-2009, 02:44 PM
Domain ID:D150873703-LROR
Domain Name:ASHERHEIMERMANN.ORG
Created On:04-Feb-2008 18:11:11 UTC
Last Updated On:28-May-2009 22:24:58 UTC
Expiration Date:04-Feb-2010 18:11:11 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:eNom, Inc. (R39-LROR)
Registrant ID:F69B515B374DD60D
Registrant Name:Joseph Lee
Registrant Street1:6XXXX Mohawk Street
Registrant Street2:
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City:San Diego
Registrant State/Province:CA
Registrant Postal Code:92115
Registrant Country:US
Registrant Phone:+1.XXXXXXXXXX
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant FAX:
Registrant FAX Ext.:
Registrant Email:

Admin Phone Ext.:
Admin FAX:
Admin FAX Ext.:
Admin Email:
Tech ID:F69B515B374DD60D
Tech Name:Joseph Lee

Tech Street2:
Tech Street3:
Tech City:San Diego
Tech State/Province:CA
Tech Postal Code:92115
Tech Country:US

Tech Phone Ext.:
Tech FAX:
Tech FAX Ext.:
Tech Email:
Name Server:ns1.wcltravelpros.com
Name Server:ns2.wcltravelpros.com
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:

werdd
07-15-2009, 02:44 PM
If you are so broke how are you affording to keep a .com domain?

werdd
07-15-2009, 02:45 PM
domain id:d150873703-lror
domain name:asherheimermann.org
created on:04-feb-2008 18:11:11 utc
last updated on:28-may-2009 22:24:58 utc
expiration date:04-feb-2010 18:11:11 utc
sponsoring registrar:enom, inc. (r39-lror)
registrant id:f69b515b374dd60d
registrant name:joseph lee
registrant street2:
Registrant street3:
Registrant city:san diego
registrant state/province:ca
registrant postal code:92115
registrant country:us
registrant phone ext.:
Registrant fax:
Registrant fax ext.:
Registrant email:
Admin id:f69b515b374dd60d
admin name:joseph lee
admin street2:
Admin street3:
Admin city:san diego
admin state/province:ca
admin postal code:92115
admin country:us
admin phone ext.:
Admin fax:
Admin fax ext.:
Admin email:
Tech id:f69b515b374dd60d
tech name:joseph lee

tech street2:
Tech street3:
Tech city:san diego
tech state/province:ca
tech postal code:92115
tech country:us
ttech phone ext.:
Tech fax:
Tech fax ext.:
Tech email:
Name server:ns1.wcltravelpros.com
name server:ns2.wcltravelpros.com
name server:
Name server:
Name server:
Name server:
Name server:
Name server:
Name server:
Name server:
Name server:
Name server:
Name server:

pwntpwntpwntpnwt

pwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

JoshLowry
07-15-2009, 02:46 PM

Domain names are $8.

Not exactly a luxury item.

People move, domain info isn't always accurate. People can put in fake information.

acptulsa
07-15-2009, 02:47 PM

He asked the people over at dailykos for an Obama shirt.

Mandrik
07-15-2009, 02:53 PM
Avoid the McDonalds & other chain places. They are most likely to go by the book with things. If you find a mom & pop restaurant or store they will be more willing to pay you under the table for work. You just need to ask, and make sure you're talking to one of the owners.

I think the easiest way to make money these days is sell stuff for people on eBay. Go to a friend's house and tell his mom or dad that you'll sell a bunch of their basement junk on ebay for 20% commission. Toss up the auctions and then send the person the links so he/she can watch. Write an expense report showing all the details so they can see you did everything right. It's crazy how much you can make for only a little computer work & a couple trips to the post office.

Andrew-Austin
07-15-2009, 03:07 PM
Who is Joseph Lee of San Diego?

Domain ID:D150873703-LROR
Domain Name:ASHERHEIMERMANN.ORG
Created On:04-Feb-2008 18:11:11 UTC
Last Updated On:28-May-2009 22:24:58 UTC
Expiration Date:04-Feb-2010 18:11:11 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:eNom, Inc. (R39-LROR)
Registrant ID:F69B515B374DD60D
Registrant Name:Joseph Lee
Registrant Street1:6XXXX Mohawk Street
Registrant Street2:
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City:San Diego
Registrant State/Province:CA
Registrant Postal Code:92115
Registrant Country:US
Registrant Phone:+1.XXXXXXXXXX
Registrant Phone Ext.:
Registrant FAX:
Registrant FAX Ext.:
Registrant Email:

Admin Phone Ext.:
Admin FAX:
Admin FAX Ext.:
Admin Email:
Tech ID:F69B515B374DD60D
Tech Name:Joseph Lee

Tech Street2:
Tech Street3:
Tech City:San Diego
Tech State/Province:CA
Tech Postal Code:92115
Tech Country:US

Tech Phone Ext.:
Tech FAX:
Tech FAX Ext.:
Tech Email:
Name Server:ns1.wcltravelpros.com
Name Server:ns2.wcltravelpros.com
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:
Name Server:

Mahkato
07-15-2009, 03:07 PM

lol

HRD53
07-15-2009, 03:32 PM
I know you're young, but groveling for free stuff on the Ron Paul forums is not likely to get you much respect.

Get. a. job.

I shoveled horse shit when i was your age. Was it pretty? no. But i got the stuff i wanted without having to resort to asking for free handouts.

satchelmcqueen
07-15-2009, 05:49 PM
Quote:
From his own website.

From his own website.

thats why i asked him about his phone company link he posted earlier. seems to me he would be making some money off of that and plus, internet access cost money too. sure he could be using the library but not likely. i felt this was a scam from the beginning. ya just dont show upo pushing links and asking for free stuff. i hope someone reports this guy for fraud and links him rightly to the corrupt in washington.

edit: wow, just saw his tv interview, he is a kid...lol

satchelmcqueen
07-15-2009, 06:13 PM

it goes deeper.:mad:

satchelmcqueen
07-15-2009, 06:15 PM
BTW, no one buys anything from that store anyway. I don't even link to it anymore.

kid, you are a pro. you have a better computer than i do in that news video, and you are selling t shirts for over 20$ each....ahhh, you have alot to learn around here. keep diggin ....:rolleyes:

satchelmcqueen
07-15-2009, 06:16 PM

lol!

Asher
07-15-2009, 06:16 PM
Again, I do not sell anything on my store. My last record was that I only sold one shirt. I have yet to see the check for that.

brandon
07-15-2009, 06:18 PM
Someone should sign up for his conference call at his other website

www.ashernow.com/call

LibertyEagle
07-15-2009, 06:21 PM
Here's something for you to read, Asher. It's not that long. I read it when I was about your age and really enjoyed it. :)

http://www.fee.org/pdf/books/The_Law.pdf

LibertyEagle
07-15-2009, 06:23 PM
Asher, what was it about Ron Paul that intrigued you?

Malachi
07-15-2009, 06:26 PM
Asher, what was it about Ron Paul that intrigued you?

Money bombs:o:o:o

JK!

MikeStanart
07-15-2009, 06:51 PM

1) Grocery stocker.
2) Paper Boy.
3) Mow lawns.
5) Lemonade stand.
6) Baby Sitting.
7) WASH CARS.

Or try new ways:

Great Advice.

Asher, If you haven't already tried things that Mani has recommended to you, and you're still lurking around for a handout....then the mystery of Asher is solved. You're lazy.

CoreyBowen999
07-15-2009, 06:54 PM
Hey Asher, as a fellow 10th grader I would like to welcome you to the forums! :)

Asher
07-15-2009, 08:13 PM
Thanks.

pacelli
07-15-2009, 09:26 PM
Thanks.

Hey Asher, there's about 15 pages worth of questions that you are apparently deliberately ignoring, perhaps in hopes that new people reading this thread will read your initial post, feel sorry for you, and give you money. You still haven't answered any of the relevant questions that have been posed to you.

So I won't ask any further questions. I consider this entire thread to be the work of a scam artist. You may be young, but the motivation appears to be there.

Omphfullas Zamboni
07-15-2009, 09:38 PM
I do not think so.

Original_Intent
07-15-2009, 09:57 PM
Hey Asher, there's about 15 pages worth of questions that you are apparently deliberately ignoring, perhaps in hopes that new people reading this thread will read your initial post, feel sorry for you, and give you money. You still haven't answered any of the relevant questions that have been posed to you.

So I won't ask any further questions. I consider this entire thread to be the work of a scam artist. You may be young, but the motivation appears to be there.

I approve of this message.

MikeStanart
07-16-2009, 12:10 AM

I also concur.

LittleLightShining
07-16-2009, 02:54 AM
thats why i asked him about his phone company link he posted earlier. seems to me he would be making some money off of that and plus, internet access cost money too. sure he could be using the library but not likely. i felt this was a scam from the beginning. ya just dont show upo pushing links and asking for free stuff. i hope someone reports this guy for fraud and links him rightly to the corrupt in washington.

edit: wow, just saw his tv interview, he is a kid...lol

MsD was right to ban him.

Kludge
07-16-2009, 02:57 AM
MsD was right to ban him.

He didn't violate any forum guidelines. AFAIK, we don't ban people solely based on "bad character".

Objectivist
07-16-2009, 03:06 AM
The Ayn Rand in me says: get a job...;)

Can find one... create one...

Thank you!

I cut grass and raked leaves at ten, had three paper routes between 11-13, washed dishes at 14-15 and paid cash for my RD 400 at 15, and I graduated from high school early.
Kids these days.....{shakes head}........... set up a lemonade stand and hire some girls in bikini tops to serve your tasty beverage, cut them in for 10% each and you'll have enough for a case of shirts in an afternoon. DON"T take checks... CASH ONLY!

LittleLightShining
07-16-2009, 03:48 AM
He didn't violate any forum guidelines. AFAIK, we don't ban people solely based on "bad character".It's not a matter of bad character. He came here and posted a thread criticizing C4L, not for anything legitimate but for not sending him a FREE t-shirt. Then he sets up a chip-in and wants $55-- for a t-shirt? Nope, when he realized he could possibly get more money he decided he wanted more than one shirt. Then he goes about making another thread pushing some other money-making scheme. And then he asks if he should run for office.

He's a scammer. He may be young and have a nice face but this kid is up to something. 1207 is on DailyKos and HuffPo so now it's ok for him to support RP. But not reeeeally support him, just wear the shirt to be cool.

brandon
07-16-2009, 05:32 AM
Someone should sign up for his conference call at his other website

www.ashernow.com/call

^^^

LittleLightShining
07-16-2009, 05:34 AM
^^^
Yeah! I want to know what's up with that, too.

Kludge
07-16-2009, 05:53 AM
^^^

I'm amused that you clicked on a URL titled "Get Involved with Asher Heimermann".

MikeStanart
07-16-2009, 10:03 AM
I'm amused that you clicked on a URL titled "Get Involved with Asher Heimermann".

I clicked that link and expected something entirely different. I've been duped again :D

Mani
08-06-2009, 03:22 PM
Thank you!

I cut grass and raked leaves at ten, had three paper routes between 11-13, washed dishes at 14-15 and paid cash for my RD 400 at 15, and I graduated from high school early.
Kids these days.....{shakes head}........... set up a lemonade stand and hire some girls in bikini tops to serve your tasty beverage, cut them in for 10% each and you'll have enough for a case of shirts in an afternoon. DON"T take checks... CASH ONLY!

Saw a wonderful thing this weekend that reminded me of this thread.

Some sweet looking kids holding up signs for a car wash for $5. I pulled into the lot and it was a small group of girls fundraising. The adult there mentioned the kids were part of some dance group and they were trying to raise money for a national competition.

The adult gave me a flier about the organization, a coupon to a restaurant and a flier for the storage rental place they were using. Seems like they must have asked the storage place if they could use their parking lot and agreed to give away a flyer to each customer.

I thought it was a great idea. They were in a high traffic location with a nice parking lot to work on a lot of cars, and the storage place I'm sure was happy their advertisements were getting handed to customers.

The kids did a nice job, I gave them $10 and wished them well.

It's nice to see some kids motivated to take action.

satchelmcqueen
08-06-2009, 07:23 PM
Well, FWIW, I happen to have a few Obama pins/shirts/bumper stickers I was sent as a gratuity which haven't seen any use. :D

ill put em to use. send them to me and ill put the ol 12 gauge to them and post it on youtube. pm me.:D

Mahkato
08-17-2009, 09:06 PM
Saw a wonderful thing this weekend that reminded me of this thread.

Some sweet looking kids holding up signs for a car wash for $5. I pulled into the lot and it was a small group of girls fundraising.

I saw some kids at a parade last weekend selling glasses of lemonade for $1.25. I couldn't decide whether I should curse the Fed for the inflation or praise the kids for finding the highest price the market would bear.