PDA

View Full Version : Rudy wants $9.11 donations

devil21
09-24-2007, 10:55 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070925/ap_on_el_pr/giuliani_house_party_1;_ylt=AqTS1Bce1kZP7LlGhsPAi5 3kbeRF

LOL! Ron is working for $500K in one week and Rudy is desperate to raise $10K. I think this is proof that the 3rd quarter campaign donations are lagging. It's a shame that Ron can't get an article about receiving 2500 donations in a week with no sign of slowing down.

ForLibertyFight
09-24-2007, 11:03 PM
50k > 10k

ksuguy
09-24-2007, 11:04 PM
Too bad it didn't happen in December. Rudy could make another $3.

Corydoras
09-24-2007, 11:05 PM
I would like to see a Ron Paul supporter who can handle 1000 partygoers at once, which is what this piece implies. This is not the campaign's total take, this is ONE person holding a party.

Bundling is important, and I haven't heard of any RP bundlers who have done over $40k.

hard@work
09-24-2007, 11:07 PM
Bottom of the article in case you missed it:

Giuliani was mayor of New York during the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.

I mean ... the man was there. Like ... really there. And I wonder sometimes... when he was holding the mask up to his mouth in between statements during interviews... did he reflect on how they were going to get to the gold down in the basement without pissing off the rescue workers and families?

devil21
09-24-2007, 11:12 PM
Bottom of the article in case you missed it:

I mean ... the man was there. Like ... really there. And I wonder sometimes... when he was holding the mask up to his mouth in between statements during interviews... did he reflect on how they were going to get to the gold down in the basement without pissing off the rescue workers and families?

Im watching a D.L. Hughley stand up show on HBO and he nailed it perfectly. Calling Rudy an expert on terrorism is like calling a pregnant woman an expert on sex. They were just there for it. Humor aside I think this is very telling about how fund raising is going for Rudy. These 3rd quarter numbers are going to make headlines.

McDermit
09-24-2007, 11:15 PM
Man, it's disgusting how he continually tries to use 9/11 to propel his campaign forward. I mean, using 9/11 to raise money? Fuck him. Seriously.

My ex's brother and 2 cousins were killed on 9/11 (all firefighters) and her entire family HATES Rudy. He's a fucking lowlife scumbag who's always trying to profit at everyone else's expense. This shit is just one more example.

devil21
09-24-2007, 11:19 PM
I would like to see a Ron Paul supporter who can handle 1000 partygoers at once, which is what this piece implies. This is not the campaign's total take, this is ONE person holding a party.

Bundling is important, and I haven't heard of any RP bundlers who have done over $40k.

Who cares if the guy can host 1000 people? Thats not unusual for elitist types with 5 million dollar homes. Those are the ones backing Rudy, right? If it was that big of a deal then Rudy would be holding this party at $500 per person, not $9.11. Who here couldn't scrape up $9.11 to party at a mansion? Hell, Id give Rudy $9.11 if I could party there. Open bar baby! Anyway, I read this article different than you did I guess. It sounds to me like they are trying to "prove" they have a lot of supporters while reminding about 9/11.

Corydoras
09-24-2007, 11:25 PM
Who cares if the guy can host 1000 people? Thats not unusual for elitist types with 5 million dollar homes. Those are the ones backing Rudy, right? If it was that big of a deal then Rudy would be holding this party at $500 per person, not $9.11.

Oprah DID hold a party for Obama at $2300 per person.

I wish more "elitist types" would back Ron Paul-- and some are, e.g. that event that is going to be held at a private house in Massachusetts later this week. But we need more "elitist types" in our movement. We can't afford to turn down support from anyone, including the rich. No campaign can.

devil21
09-24-2007, 11:29 PM
Oprah DID hold a party for Obama at $2300 per person.

I wish more "elitist types" would back Ron Paul-- and some are, e.g. that event that is going to be held at a private house in Massachusetts later this week. But we need more "elitist types" in our movement. We can't afford to turn down support from anyone, including the rich. No campaign can.

Im not worried about Obama and Oprah having their black people in power orgy yet. We have to win the GOP nomination first. I think you are missing the point though. Ron is drawing larger contributions (without having some lame AP article about it) from average citizens than Rudy is.

Trassin
09-24-2007, 11:32 PM
...campaign to raise $10,000 in small increments to show how many individual, everyday Americans support `America's Mayor.
Who are these people and wtf is wrong with them? I wonder if they are decendents of Stalin's grassroots support?

Corydoras
09-24-2007, 11:33 PM
I think you are missing the point though. Ron is drawing larger contributions (without having some lame AP article about it) from average citizens than Rudy is.

Very good point. I see what you mean.

I think we can agree we need BOTH depth (how much each person gives) and breadth (how many people are giving).

V-rod
09-25-2007, 04:40 AM
But Sofaer said he had nothing to do with the "$9.11 for Rudy" theme.

"There are some young people who came up with it," Sofaer said when reached by telephone Monday evening. He referred other questions to Giuliani's campaign.

Wow, no one else commenting how hilarious this is. The king of 9-11 asking for 911 donations?

Is it me, or am I the only one who thinks these "young people" are actually trying to embarass Rudy on purpose.

wgadget
09-25-2007, 06:52 AM
I was wondering if Rudy has had to forego his $100K a pop speaking income just to run for President? Or does he still charge it? Ya know...He was actually THERE at 9/11. Must be worth something....

constituent
09-25-2007, 09:37 AM
Wow, no one else commenting how hilarious this is. The king of 9-11 asking for 911 donations?

Is it me, or am I the only one who thinks these "young people" are actually trying to embarass Rudy on purpose.

you mean some kinda crazy psy-op style guerilla campaigners?

Cowlesy
09-25-2007, 06:43 PM
Rudolph Giuliani is disgusting.

He will never, ever be President of the United States. I believe his supporters tried to use $9.11 as a donation plug.

What I cannot believe, is that all the Giuliani campaign could say was "it was an unfortunate amount".

Why didn't they come out and outright condemn using 9/11 as a fundraising tool? Don't those 3,000 people matter anymore?

Vvick727
09-25-2007, 06:46 PM
Wow, this jerk is milking that horrible event for all he can.

Corydoras
09-25-2007, 06:51 PM
He's frantically trying to distance himself from it.
TOO LATE, PANDER BEAR!
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070925/ap_on_el_pr/giuliani_house_party

RP4ME
09-25-2007, 06:55 PM
you mean some kinda crazy psy-op style guerilla campaigners?

I cant keep up with all teh psy-ops theories circulating - it makes my brain bone hurt!!! Whoever decided on this thoughi give credit to them for their thorough understadning of tackiness! I hope it backfires for him - its perverted!

RJB
09-25-2007, 06:56 PM
BTW-- would the MSM knock off the "America's Mayor" bit. He sure as hell isn't my Mayor. How about America's self-aggrandizer, America's 911 hog, America's 911 drag queen, I could go on and on, but any of those would be more appropriate.

Marshall
09-25-2007, 07:32 PM
Why didn't they come out and outright condemn using 9/11 as a fundraising tool? Don't those 3,000 people matter anymore?

Because if they did that his entire basis for being elected would be down the shitter. At first, he constantly mentioned 9/11 in everything he did, then he was shamed down to constantly mentioning what he "did" in New York. If anyone in the MSM actually exposes the authoritarian policy he mandated as gov of New York then he's completely done.

What I really love is how he previously supported the ban on 'assault' weapons, then when speaking before the NRA he told them how after 9/11 there was an increased need for civilians to own them.

DataSage
09-25-2007, 07:33 PM
And Rudy sinks to a new low... $9.11 donations? That is so disrespectful.