PDA

View Full Version : NolanChart.com slams Ron Paul: "Ron Paul shows his true colors"

FrankRep
07-13-2009, 06:55 AM
Ron Paul's Oscar Winning Performance
The unintentional star of "Bruno" reveals his true bias against gays (http://www.nolanchart.com/article6616.html)

Raven West, J.D. | NolanChart.com (http://www.nolanchart.com/)
Friday, July 10, 2009

It is almost ironic that of all the Republicans who ran in the 2008 presidential primary, Ron Paul would be the one tagged to appear in an outrageous motion picture whose leading character is gay. Bruno, the newest movie from Sacha Baron Cohen of Borat fame, features a 5 minute scene where Bruno, an openly gay character, tries, unsuccessfully to seduce the Congressman.

Away from the pre-arranged media interviews, unrehearsed and unscripted, Ron Paul shows his true colors. He could have taken the opportunity to simply walk out of the room, or laugh at the joke, or even make a humorous comment like "nothing you can do will change my mind about gays in the military", but instead we see the true response by the real man confronted by a gay man. His reaction was of anger and disgust as he's shown fleeing from the scene, exclaiming "This is ended!"

In a much more rehearsed radio interview, Paul is heard chuckling when he says that he would "probably have to apologize to my supporters because I think most are going to (wonder) why in the world didn't I sock this guy in the nose."

Yes, we're all certain that your supporters would agree that violence against a gay man would have been a great response.

Ron Paul, first a Republican, then a Libertarian, then a Republican once again, whose message of fiscal responsibility resounded so loudly that it created a "revolution". Ron Paul, who then endorsed the Constitutional Party candidate, joined forces with the John Birch Society and abandoned a large segment of libertarians when it came to issues of basic human rights.

Ron Paul introduced The Marriage Protection Act of 2007, supports the Defense Of Marriage Act, and thinks the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy is just fine the way it is. These are very ultra-conservative views and have little to do with true Libertarian philosophy.

Real Libertarians take individual rights seriously - seriously enough to consistently uphold them against the initiation of the use of force by anyone, especially government, for any reason. This means that government has no business coercively interfering with the lives of peaceful citizens in their private affairs and voluntary relationships.

This is the core of Libertarian principles especially when it comes to an individual's right to marry, and to serve in the military, gay or straight.

Then again, if we were to take this Libertarain policy one step further, government shouldn't be in the business of marriage in the first place. The only reason for legalized co-habitation contracts is to grant individuals certain legal rights of property and care of minor children. In the event the contract is breached, it can be dissolved and the property dispersed through legal action.

Ron Paul proclaims he is a Constitutionalist. If that is to be the case, he would be on the front lines of the battle for "equal protection under the law".

The 14th Amendment states, without any ambiguities, that "All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."

This is plain, simple text. All men and women, Republicans and Democrats, of every race, color or sexual preference, who are citizens of the United States, are to be given equal protection as citizens of the United States of America. Even individuals who chose to love someone of the same sex.

If those who wish to follow the leader of this "revolution", they need to be very clear after seeing this movie clip, exactly which direction he's leading.

The Pledge of Allegiance ends with "Freedom and Justice for ALL". Isn't it about time our elected officials start to live up to those words?

Especially for those who make outrageous movies.

SOURCE:
http://www.nolanchart.com/article6616.html

LibertyEagle
07-13-2009, 07:07 AM
The Pledge of Allegiance ends with "Freedom and Justice for ALL". Isn't it about time our elected officials start to live up to those words?

Yes. Including for those who are the victims of fraud and who were accosted by Cohen.

Nice to know the author over at NolanChart agrees with such tactics.

Cohen was lucky he did not get a fat lip or worse. He certainly deserved it.

LibertyEagle
07-13-2009, 07:25 AM
Everyone should go read the comments. They're good. :)

FrankRep
07-13-2009, 07:28 AM
:D

This is a ridiculous article about a ridiculous movie.

Gays don't have special privilege to attempt to assault nor be crude.

If a guy attempts to assault me with pants down, I'm going to resist the attack!

Todd
07-13-2009, 07:48 AM
My favorite post at the site:

Ron Paul was laughing when asked about this incident.

His reaction to inappropriate and unwanted sexual advances under false pretenses: hmm he walked away, what a bigoted homophobe!

I am thankful that the late Kent Snyder, Ron Paul's openly gay presidential campaign manager, encouraged and possibly convinced Dr. Paul to run for president in 2008.

Not to mention other gay men like Justin Raimondo who tend to view things similar to Paul.

acptulsa
07-13-2009, 07:53 AM
If you're certain that Ron Paul has supporters who would think violence is a great response to a textbook sexual assault, you're right.

A better thread title would be, NolanChart shows its true colors.

Joe3113
07-13-2009, 07:55 AM
Cohen was blocking the doorway and acting as if he were an imment threat.

If someone runs at you with a knife do you have to wait before they stab you to hit them?

Common Sense.

Personally, I would have knocked Cohen out cold.

As for the "*****". Stereotypical gays call themselves this anyway.
What about "***** eye for the straight guy"?

As others have noted, Ron Paul's campaign manager was himself gay, but he acted like a normal person.

If Ron Paul met a gay person who was acting normally and didn't act in that stereotypical "faggy" manner that annoys the hell out of people, then he wouldn't have said anything.

jkr
07-13-2009, 08:03 AM
and NolanChart.com shows thiers...

jkr
07-13-2009, 08:04 AM
makes me want ice cream...

Gage
07-13-2009, 08:05 AM
"A gay man"?

It's a straight comedian lampooning a gay man. Inciting a reaction about the character's sexuality was Cohen's goal.

speciallyblend
07-13-2009, 08:18 AM
this story and link are not worth a click!

ItsTime
07-13-2009, 08:22 AM
I have nothing against gay people. Who I have a problem with are people who SEXUALLY ASSAULT SOMEONE.

Yes I would have cheered if Ron Paul would have done what I would have done, when a stranger called me in to a hotel room on fails premises and then took of his pants, kick him until he spit blood.

klamath
07-13-2009, 08:36 AM
Another reason I am not a libertarian. If they think attempted assualt is one of the rights gays should have, too hell with them.

Original_Intent
07-13-2009, 08:38 AM
The only reason for legalized co-habitation contracts is to grant individuals certain legal rights of property and care of minor children.

Wow. It is nice to know that government grants us the right to care for our own children!

literatim
07-13-2009, 09:13 AM
There is a reason I don't read NolanChart. This about sums it up.

I personally think us Constitutionalists and these insane libertarians are going to have to part ways sometime down the road.

Aratus
07-13-2009, 09:29 AM
there are sane Libertarians. the Constitution is the soul of our gov't.
Ron Paul was lied to and ambushed inside a media interview format.
"Bruno" now is raking in cash galore. had to put my 2 cents in on this!

literatim
07-13-2009, 09:49 AM
there are sane Libertarians. the Constitution is the soul of our gov't.

I didn't say libertarians in general. I literally mean these insane libertarians. I've certainly seen enough of them.

gls
07-13-2009, 09:55 AM
Another reason I am not a libertarian. If they think attempted assualt is one of the rights gays should have, too hell with them.

Uh this article doesn't appear to be written by a libertarian.

Maybe one of those ultra politically correct, big government beltway types who likes to call himself a "libertarian" because he thinks it makes him look sophisticated.

Dreamofunity
07-13-2009, 02:20 PM
What a ridiculous article.

Lucille
07-13-2009, 02:29 PM
WTH.... Variety (http://www.variety.com/review/VE1117940574.html?categoryid=31&cs=1) even defended Paul:

Pic takes a fateful turn toward the queasy, from which it never entirely recovers, with a noxious "Gotcha!" sequence in which Ron Paul, the libertarian-minded recent presidential aspirant, is played for a sap. Charitably willing to sit for an interview, the clearly clueless politico is led into a bedroom, upon which Bruno begins stripping as if in preparation for a tryst. When Paul realizes he's been set up, he storms out and furiously calls his captor a "*****" a couple of times, which will no doubt rankle some of his erstwhile supporters. But his epithets arguably pale in comparison with the venality of his predator's arachnidan motives.

I think "***** as the blazes" is hella funny! It's so outdated. Give the old guy a break.

Andrew-Austin
07-13-2009, 02:35 PM
and NolanChart.com shows theirs...

There is a reason I don't read NolanChart. This about sums it up.

I personally think us Constitutionalists and these insane libertarians are going to have to part ways sometime down the road.

Anyone can write articles for the nolanchart.com, including statist liberals and neocons.

Surprisingly though that guy is a libertarian.

Alawn
07-13-2009, 02:57 PM
If gays should be mad at anyone it is Cohen because he will make viewers think that is how gay people act. What he did was sexual assault and if any man did that to a woman he would have been arrested. He took off his clothes blocked the door and grabbed at him when he tried to leave. Cohen is lucky he didn't get the crap beat out of him. Ron Paul would have been legally justified in punching him at that point.

0zzy
07-13-2009, 03:00 PM
Please tell me this is satire...please?

"HOLY SH**! HE SHOW'S HIS TRUE COLERS, HE CALLS A MAN WHO DROPS HIS PANTS IN FRONT OF HIM ***** AS THE BLAZES! OH NO~! YOU KNOW HOW WE HOMOSEXUALS DON'T LIKE BEING CALLED *****!"

***** eye for the straight guy.

***** ask folk.

...erm wait a minute, what exactly did Ron do wrong? He pointed out that a gay man tried to "put a hit on him (aka hit on him)"? That's homophobic?

Wtf has this country come to...

tis what I said to him.

ChaosControl
07-13-2009, 03:22 PM
NolanChart is full of crap.

Most any guy would react by leaving the room in disgust, some WOULD hit the scumbag pervert.
It has nothing to do with some kind of bias, but even if it did who cares? The only thing that matters is if you support rights for people, not how you personally feel about being around them. NolanChart is showing its authoritarian bias in this piece.

Paulitical Correctness
07-13-2009, 03:41 PM
I don't see the problem...

If someone you're not attracted to advances on you (male or female), you're going to feel uneasy and spout off something (most people are likely to yell obscenities, actually).

Move along. :rolleyes:

rp08orbust
07-13-2009, 03:44 PM

Physical contact is not a requirement of assault, only of battery.

"Libertarianism" considers non-physical assault as worthy of defensive violence as physical assault.

satchelmcqueen
07-13-2009, 07:30 PM
wow! so im supposed to feel sorry for sasha doing a fraudulent interview and then attempting sexual assault on a 72 year old man and trying to block him leaving the room? and ron paul is somehow wrong? crappy article i must say.

axiomata
07-13-2009, 10:08 PM
A point of clarification.

NolanChart.com allows anyone to start a blog and make a post. It's like saying "Blogger.com slams Ron Paul."

Title should be "Raven West slams Ron Paul at NolanChart.com"

Obligatory: Yuo=Collectivist!

raiha
07-13-2009, 11:12 PM
Setting him up and wasting his time is why he should have been punched in the nose! :mad: Or in the cajoles. I don't like this man. What he does is not comedy as it borders on contempt. True comedy is a skill which gives the person who is being laughed at, a window to laugh along side the comedian. Belittling people because of their ethnicity (Borat blerk) or their sexual orientation is bad enough let alone making a movie on it.

and the article is puerile.

mconder
07-14-2009, 08:02 AM
There's nothing more dignified than walking away from trash like that.

BenIsForRon
07-14-2009, 01:08 PM
I didn't know Kent Snyder was gay. That's important to know if any one tries the homophobe attack.

anaconda
07-14-2009, 01:29 PM
People need to get beyond the "gay" context of the Bruno scene. It's about an inappropriate sexual advance. It was manipulative, deceitful and out of context. It would have been every bit as inappropriate if it was a woman hitting on Ron Paul or, for that matter, Bruno hitting on Dianne Feinstein or Michele Obama. In which case, any of them might have appropriately punched Bruno in the nose. It's not an anti-gay issue.

HRD53
07-14-2009, 04:01 PM
It'd be interesting to see what the critics would say if Cohen would have done the exact same thing to a woman and she reacted in a angry, non-pc way.

werdd
07-14-2009, 04:47 PM
nolanchart is *****.

Akus
07-14-2009, 09:08 PM
Ron Paul's Oscar Winning Performance
The unintentional star of "Bruno" reveals his true bias against gays (http://www.nolanchart.com/article6616.html)

Bullshit outrage bullshit outrage bullshit outrage bullshit outrage bullshit outrage bullshit outrage bullshit outrage bullshit outrage bullshit outrage bullshit outrage bullshit outrage bullshit outrage bullshit outrage bullshit outrage bullshit outrage bullshit outrage bullshit outrage bullshit outrage bullshit outrage bullshit outrage bullshit outrage bullshit outrage bullshit outrage bullshit outrage bullshit outrageI am not an Obamamaniac, but this is the same type of bullshit outrage that I hear when Obama read from the prompter or his american flag pin is missing. Pay no mind to this, people. If somebody believes this, then he is already a lost cause and is not worth your time.

He Who Pawns
07-14-2009, 09:59 PM
The author of this garbage should win Idiot of the Year award. What a complete fool.

FrankRep
07-15-2009, 05:05 AM
I didn't realize anyone can post on NolanChart.com.

I was just shocked that a "Libertarian" was attacking Ron Paul. Hopefully it's not a trend of Libertarians turning on Ron Paul.

acptulsa
07-15-2009, 06:44 AM
I didn't realize anyone can post on NolanChart.com.

I was just shocked that a "Libertarian" was attacking Ron Paul. Hopefully it's not a trend of Libertarians turning on Ron Paul.

Are you talking about libertarians, Libertarians, or just people who pretend to be libertarian long enough to fling pathetic attempts at slander and division on NolanChart?

FrankRep
07-15-2009, 06:59 AM
Are you talking about libertarians, Libertarians, or just people who pretend to be libertarian long enough to fling pathetic attempts at slander and division on NolanChart?
I didn't realize anyone can post articles.

acptulsa
07-15-2009, 07:38 AM
I didn't realize anyone can post articles.

Yeah, me either. Freedom of speech is wonderful and all, but I'm more fond of commentary sites that make their authors earn the privilege. Of course, this means nothing if they're like CNN in that you don't 'earn' the privilege by being capable, you 'earn' it by being a reliable stooge.

FrankRep
07-17-2009, 02:31 PM
Examiner.com Jumps on the Article.

Ron Paul's Oscar winning performance

Robin Westmiller
Ventura County Libertarian Examiner
July 17, 2009

http://www.examiner.com/x-17370-Ventura-County-Libertarian-Examiner~y2009m7d17-Ron-Pauls-Oscar-winning-performance

BuddyRey
07-17-2009, 03:08 PM
He was scared to death and had no idea whether or not this guy was mentally balanced!!!

This is so ridiculous. I'm one of the biggest LGBT rights advocates on this board, yet even I can plainly see that Paul's reaction was one of a frightened man who feared for his life and safety.

Ron Paul wasn't reacting negatively to *gays*...he was reacting negatively to a man who was ostensibly trying to sexually assault him! What, now are we going to demonize men who are raped in jail by telling them to "get over their homophobia"?!

What complete and utter bull$h!t!

awake
07-17-2009, 03:14 PM
I would bargain to say that they are truly desperate do demonize Ron Paul - since he is attempting to castrate the beast of our time.