PDA

View Full Version : Bill Passed: House Boosts Aid to Israel to $2.775 Billion

OrganDonor
07-13-2009, 05:06 AM
House Boosts Aid to Israel to $2.775 Billion

The foreign aid bill passed the House with strong bipartisan support.
The House of Representatives on Thursday passed the annual foreign aid bill, which will provide Israel with $2.22 billion in critical security assistance. When combined with $555 million in assistance included in a recently passed emergency supplemental bill, the foreign aid bill–passed by a vote of 318-106, with eight members not voting – will fully fund the administration’s request of $2.775 billion for Israel, fulfilling the second year of the 10-year, $30 billion U.S.-Israeli Memorandum of Understanding. The Senate Appropriations Committee has approved its version of the bill, which is expected to go to the Senate floor for final passage in the coming weeks. The bill will then go to President Obama for his signature. Learn more about the importance of U.S. aid to Israel.

http://www.aipac.org/130.asp#26584

Have you guys read this link about why America supposedly helps out Israel? I want to throw up.

http://www.aipac.org/The_Issues/index_11073.asp

Objectivist
07-13-2009, 05:07 AM
Good, I hope they build some walls to keep out the riff-raff.
Suicide bombers really screw your vacation plans up.

LibertyEagle
07-13-2009, 05:19 AM
Good? We're broke!

Objectivist
07-13-2009, 05:22 AM
Good? We're broke!

Haven't you heard... Treasury got a new shipment of ink.

Cowlesy
07-13-2009, 05:24 AM
Pissing away more money that could be refunded to the taxpayers, or if we have to spend it, spent on Americans.

Objectivist
07-13-2009, 05:26 AM
Pissing away more money that could be refunded to the taxpayers, or if we have to spend it, spent on Americans.

Ah there's the catch... many of Israel's population are Americans.

Cowlesy
07-13-2009, 05:28 AM

I'm pretty sure most of Israel's population consists of Israelis. I don't buy into the dual-citizen/dual-loyalty bullpuckey unfortunately.

Dojo
07-13-2009, 05:36 AM
Latest Population Figures for Israel
(2009)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the eve of its 61st Independence Day, the country’s population stands at

7,411,000, according to figures released by the Central Bureau of Statistics

(CBS). Some 5,593,000 of the population (75.5 percent) are Jewish Israelis,

1,498,000 (20.2%) are Israeli Arabs and the remaining 320,000 (4.3%) are

immigrants and their offspring who are not registered as Jews by the Interior

Ministry, including some 200,000 foreign workers.

Objectivist
07-13-2009, 05:38 AM
Latest Population Figures for Israel
(2009)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the eve of its 61st Independence Day, the country’s population stands at

7,411,000, according to figures released by the Central Bureau of Statistics

(CBS). Some 5,593,000 of the population (75.5 percent) are Jewish Israelis,

1,498,000 (20.2%) are Israeli Arabs and the remaining 320,000 (4.3%) are

immigrants and their offspring who are not registered as Jews by the Interior

Ministry, including some 200,000 foreign workers.

Dozo. Right of return and emigration to the United States plays a part.

But does it matter? Not really.. nobody cares what you and I think in the government. Now how does that make you feel?

StayTrue
07-13-2009, 05:43 AM
lol remember how pissed people were for the 125 million in bonuses AIG got because it was THEIR MONEY.

The outrage for this should be atleast 20 times that....

Cowlesy
07-13-2009, 05:56 AM
I bet that in place of a gigantic THANK YOU card, we'll get a "but this just isn't enough, oh our plight! ohh!".

I am so sick of the sandpile that is the Middle East.

Anyone have a bill number for this for the House or Senate? I am interested to see the vote tally.

OrganDonor
07-13-2009, 07:46 AM
"bill–passed by a vote of 318-106, with eight members not voting"

armstrong
07-13-2009, 08:52 AM
we need also to give more aid to the arabia,russia and china and last but not least the mexicans, don't you guys remember we have a very big printing press so its ok

Liberty Star
07-13-2009, 08:53 AM
It's time to do what our good ally UK just did and cut their military aid:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=199573

There is no moral justification to give tax payers money to this oppressive apartheid regime.

armstrong
07-13-2009, 08:58 AM
sorry for the sarcasm its just so depressing

revolutionisnow
07-13-2009, 12:24 PM
You think a money laundering case is possible? Isn't that what this is? AIPAC donates to politicians and buys political influence, and then those politicians give Billions back to them. Rinse & Repeat.

armstrong
07-13-2009, 12:31 PM
where is iron man when we need him. oh yea we have turbo tim! never mind.

muh_roads
07-13-2009, 12:54 PM

So because Americans can vacation anywhere in the world we should now be giving money to everyone in the world to keep them vacationers safe?

If you're taking a vacation to Israel you do so at your own risk. Don't take money from me so you can have a rosey vacation. Last time I checked Israel is not the 51st state of the union. Therefore they shouldn't get dick.

Kraig
07-13-2009, 01:09 PM

..and? I thought you were logical!

You know those bailouts they've been talking about? Don't worry, going to americans.

You know that socialized heathcare that's being proposed by Obama? Don't worry, going to americans.

gls
07-13-2009, 01:16 PM
..and? I thought you were logical!

You know those bailouts they've been talking about? Don't worry, going to americans.

You know that socialized heathcare that's being proposed by Obama? Don't worry, going to americans.

Well, he is an Objectivist, and wasn't Ayn Rand a huge interventionist/warmonger? Taxation isn't theft if the money is going to prop up the corporate military empire, you see... :rolleyes:

JoshLowry
07-13-2009, 02:04 PM
The only surprising thing is that the vote wasn't 423-1.

RideTheDirt
07-13-2009, 02:48 PM
change you can believe in.

Objectivist
07-13-2009, 04:39 PM
lol remember how pissed people were for the 125 million in bonuses AIG got because it was THEIR MONEY.

The outrage for this should be atleast 20 times that....

Misplaced outrage? Try this out for size.

If companies that received TARP or bail out funds from the government are being condemned for fulfilling their contractual obligations in the realm of performance bonuses, then why is it the Republicans and Democrats are not being condemned for taking campaign contributions from those same companies that received Taxpayer dollars? Those companies that are still being controlled by the US Government should not be giving kickbacks with taxpayer money, but they are. Why are politicians receiving money from people (you and I) when we may not want to fund those political parties?

Scenario.... Democrats and Republicans received regular contributions from said companies.... Congress writes, votes and passes legislation creating a bailout fund.... then continues to receive contributions after said companies received taxpayer funds and that would be wrong!

Objectivist
07-13-2009, 04:42 PM
Well, he is an Objectivist, and wasn't Ayn Rand a huge interventionist/warmonger? Taxation isn't theft if the money is going to prop up the corporate military empire, you see... :rolleyes:

No, she wasn't a 'warmonger', but that comment explains much about you.

Liberty Star
07-13-2009, 04:47 PM

The way things are going demographically in holy land, we should in near future see one of the 'riff-raff' elected as PM of Israel.

Friends of Israel in US funded Obama, they will certainly welcome if Israel got it's own "Obama" elected. Probably a Christian of Palestinain race as PM of Israel would bring end to this ongoing racial dispute there and bring some needed Jesus values to the land.

revolutionisnow
07-13-2009, 04:58 PM

Shocking how mad people get when you invade them, steal their land, demonize them, and then oppress them.

Why can't it be privately funded though? If people think its a worthwhile cause I am sure they will open their wallets to fund it.

armstrong
07-13-2009, 05:00 PM
$^%$^%$*&^%(&%(*&^%^$%$#$#$#@%$^^(**)(*_)

Anti Federalist
07-13-2009, 05:26 PM
I'm pretty sure most of Israel's population consists of Israelis. I don't buy into the dual-citizen/dual-loyalty bullpuckey unfortunately.

Yeah, that^^^

Fozz
07-13-2009, 08:45 PM
Israel does so many disgusting things, and when I hear about how they treat the Palestinians it makes me so sad :(

And I absolutely hate AIPAC and the Israel Lobby----f@CK them. They bribe our politicians to support the Zionist savages with our tax dollars----they are THIEVES.