PDA

View Full Version : Is This Immoral?

Objectivist
07-13-2009, 04:18 AM
If companies that received TARP or bail out funds from the government are being condemned for fulfilling their contractual obligations in the realm of performance bonuses, then why is it the Republicans and Democrats are not being condemned for taking campaign contributions from those same companies that received Taxpayer dollars? Those companies that are still being controlled by the US Government should not be giving kickbacks with taxpayer money, but they are. Why are politicians receiving money from people (you and I) when we may not want to fund those political parties?

Scenario.... Democrats and Republicans received regular contributions from said companies.... Congress writes, votes and passes legislation creating a bailout fund.... then continues to receive contributions after said companies received taxpayer funds and that would be wrong!

Steeleye
07-13-2009, 04:39 AM
Shhh. You're being logical.

Objectivist
07-13-2009, 05:09 AM
Shhh. You're being logical.

Silly me.

Objectivist
07-13-2009, 04:32 PM
Burrrpp!

Brassmouth
07-13-2009, 04:34 PM
If companies that received TARP or bail out funds from the government are being condemned for fulfilling their contractual obligations in the realm of performance bonuses, then why is it the Republicans and Democrats are not being condemned for taking campaign contributions from those same companies that received Taxpayer dollars? Those companies that are still being controlled by the US Government should not be giving kickbacks with taxpayer money, but they are. Why are politicians receiving money from people (you and I) when we may not want to fund those political parties?

Scenario.... Democrats and Republicans received regular contributions from said companies.... Congress writes, votes and passes legislation creating a bailout fund.... then continues to receive contributions after said companies received taxpayer funds and that would be wrong!

Stop causing trouble and pay your goddamn taxes, buddy! What are you, a terrorist?!?

;)

Objectivist
07-13-2009, 04:36 PM
Stop causing trouble and pay your goddamn taxes, buddy! What are you, a terrorist?!?

;)

If thinking like Thomas Jefferson brands me a terrorist... so be it.

Non-Conformity is my middle name.

heavenlyboy34
07-13-2009, 04:55 PM

There you go thinking again! Don't you know you're supposed to just vote and then shut up until the next election between two establishment candidates? ;) lolz..

Objectivist
07-13-2009, 05:01 PM
There you go thinking again! Don't you know you're supposed to just vote and then shut up until the next election between two establishment candidates? ;) lolz..

I can't even get my libtard friends to disagree with this statement,, come on someone put em up. SAid the Cowardly Lion.