PDA

View Full Version : I hope Dr. Paul realizes they are coming after him on PBS

UCFGavin
09-24-2007, 10:32 PM
They are going to come after him about the article he didn't write and about his stance on the Civil Rights Act. I hope he is ready for it, because its only going to get tougher here on out.

BLS
09-24-2007, 10:35 PM
They are going to come after him about the article he didn't write and about his stance on the Civil Rights Act. I hope he is ready for it, because its only going to get tougher here on out.

Care to elaborate with links, facts, or anything else that supports this statement??

:confused:

UCFGavin
09-24-2007, 10:37 PM
Care to elaborate with links, facts, or anything else that supports this statement??

:confused:

if its a debate/forum that is broadcast in front of a black audience at a black college, why would it not be brought up? its definitely something that would create a stir, and an easy attempt to bash him.

Ron Paul Fan
09-24-2007, 10:37 PM
http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul188.html

Also his newsletter might be brought up. I'm sure he's fully aware that he'll get some tough questions, but I'm confident that the Dr. can handle it. He's done it so far so there's no reason to doubt him now. Ron Paul!

UCFGavin
09-24-2007, 10:43 PM

Also his newsletter might be brought up. I'm sure he's fully aware that he'll get some tough questions, but I'm confident that the Dr. can handle it. He's done it so far so there's no reason to doubt him now. Ron Paul!

I agree. I am just keeping my fingers crossed that he is ready. I think he will be able to turn a lot of heads and gain a lot of respect if he can continue to spread his message of individual liberties.

hard@work
09-24-2007, 10:48 PM
He is going to tear it up. No one running for office has any interest in giving black people real Liberty. Liberty comes from personal accountability and action. It cannot be done when someone has initiated force against you. There are a lot of people who have initiated force and support the initiation of force against these people.

Trust me, his message will be heard very loudly and very clearly in that forum.

mport1
09-24-2007, 10:49 PM
I guarantee they will try to paint him as a racist. I just hope he answers in a straightforward manner since he sometimes jumbles his words in a confusing manner.

MsDoodahs
09-24-2007, 10:56 PM
I'm inclined to agree with hard@work on this.

specsaregood
09-24-2007, 11:07 PM
I'm inclined to agree with hard@work on this.

Ditto, If anything RP has been just itching for this tactic to be thrown at him. Freedom and Liberty crosses all race lines. This has every opportunity to be a fastball knocked out of the park.

In Fact, THEY MAY AVOID this question, because it is much easier to hint and suggest this stuff and not give him a chance to address it directly. That would be my bet.

richard1984
09-24-2007, 11:08 PM
Ron Paul will throw their ignorance in their faces. He has a better philosophy than anyone else he will be dealing with. I have complete confidence in his ability to handle any mudslinging that may take place.
I surely agree with his vote!

Corydoras
09-24-2007, 11:10 PM
They'll take the message from Cosby, not so sure they'll take it from him.
We shall see.

MGreen
09-24-2007, 11:11 PM
When are they not coming after him?

RobotJaxxon
09-24-2007, 11:12 PM
I guarantee they will try to paint him as a racist. I just hope he answers in a straightforward manner since he sometimes jumbles his words in a confusing manner.

Maybe, maybe not. I think they may go after his anti-entitlement positions first. I've never met too many black libertarians, which is very unfortunate.

What Ron Paul needs to understand, and this is ESSENTIAL, is that black americans seem to have a deep-seeded mistrust of government authority (police, judicial system, FEMA, etc). Dr. Paul could make huge gains with a well crafted message for this audience. However, I thought he missed a great opportunity at the Values Voter debate by not making the case of keeping government and religion far away from each other, so I'm not optimistic his campaign staff will pick up on this one either.

BLS
09-24-2007, 11:16 PM
if its a debate/forum that is broadcast in front of a black audience at a black college, why would it not be brought up? its definitely something that would create a stir, and an easy attempt to bash him.

I was not trying to discount your points.

You just didn't make any. I just wanted a little more explanation of what the HE!! you were talking about. :D

Corydoras
09-24-2007, 11:16 PM
What Ron Paul needs to understand, and this is ESSENTIAL, is that black americans seem to have a deep-seeded mistrust of government authority (police, judicial system, FEMA, etc). Dr. Paul could make huge gains with a well crafted message for this audience. However, I thought he missed a great opportunity at the Values Voter debate by not making the case of keeping government and religion far away from each other, so I'm not optimistic his campaign staff will pick up on this one either.

Beautifully said. I can't agree more.

ctb619
09-24-2007, 11:18 PM
I'm sure someone on his campaign staff watched the Democratic Party debates on PBS. If this is the case, they saw Kucinich hit a home run with his stance on the illegitimacy of the "war on drugs." Ron Paul can replicate this and then some.

EvilTwinkie
09-24-2007, 11:26 PM
Everytime they strike him down he just gets more powerful :)

I say bring it on !!

hard@work
09-24-2007, 11:48 PM
I know a lot of black people. They'll take Liberty over entitlements any frikkin day. How they GET Liberty is what they are concerned about. News flash: racism is a real occurence. If freedom comes in the form of a welfare check then at least there is that to hold onto. If a hand up is a hand out, at least there is something that's not poverty and hatred.

So, if Ron Paul's message rings true to these good people ... are you going to stand up with them in defense of Liberty? That's what they are going to want to see you know.

Syren123
09-24-2007, 11:50 PM
His anti-entitlement message is ALWAYS ALWAYS very kind and non-accusatory. He says that 2 generations of people have been conditioned to be dependent on government and you can't just stop it suddenly. He has said that it is NOT on his agenda to get rid of welfare, that just stopping the worldwide military and base spending will easily fund all the entitlement programs we currently have as they currently are. I've heard him say it. That should be a comfort to any govt-dependent folks watching.

Corydoras
09-24-2007, 11:53 PM
They'll take Liberty over entitlements any frikkin day. How they GET Liberty is what they are concerned about. News flash: racism is a real occurence. If freedom comes in the form of a welfare check then at least there is that to hold onto. If a hand up is a hand out, at least there is something that's not poverty and hatred.

So, if Ron Paul's message rings true to these good people ... are you going to stand up with them in defense of Liberty? That's what they are going to want to see you know.

Hear, hear!

katao
09-25-2007, 12:04 AM

He said what no-one has the courage to say in this era of political correctness.

That vote and that speech took more courage and integrity than I hope to muster in my entire lifetime.

Kregener
09-25-2007, 12:09 AM
The 10% (MAYBE) of black voters who will vote for anyone not democrat actually "get it", and will vote for the person they believe to be the right one for the job.

The rest vote EN MASSE democrat, cycle after cycle.

james1844
09-25-2007, 12:15 AM
yeah, thats going to be a hard, hard sell. African Americans traditionally haven't been well served by Republicans. Also, Paul's vote against the voting rights act will be hard to explain away. Plus that newsletter scandal from the 1980s will also make it hard.

Yep, its going to be a hard sell.

Best,

James

BillyBeer
09-25-2007, 12:19 AM
Umm, why are y'all worried about this? He has held his own when confronted with ludicrous leading questions (you craft your policy by listening to bin Laden, you want airline passengers to be able to carry guns). He has owned Giuliani and Huckabee in exchanges on foreign policy.

He will respond to this question perfectly by taking responsibility for the letter, as he has already done. He will then speak about the evils of racism and how it holds our society back.

fluoridatedbrainsoup
09-25-2007, 12:23 AM
With Ron's stance on the Income Tax and the Drug war, he is HOPE for the black man, I assure you. So many black men needlessly incarcerated right now. Hopefully they can rise up to the challenge and recognize how his policies will directly benefit their peoples.

hard@work
09-25-2007, 12:27 AM
Umm, why are y'all worried about this? He has held his own when confronted with ludicrous leading questions (you craft your policy by listening to bin Laden, you want airline passengers to be able to carry guns). He has owned Giuliani and Huckabee in exchanges on foreign policy.

He will respond to this question perfectly by taking responsibility for the letter, as he has already done. He will then speak about the evils of racism and how it holds our society back.

It's more than that. It's what the federal government has done to hold people down. What abuses the states and cities have done. And to compensate we offer them menial percentages enforced by legions of lawyers. They suffer under this system and they know this. Families torn apart by law enforcement every day. Millions of black men in prison. Is this freedom? Is this Liberty? Dangerous neighborhoods, the worst schools, the worst treatment based on your skin color not the content of your character?

Freedom is the right to hate because of the color you see before you. But Liberty is the rights given to you by your creator that the man who hates you cannot take away. Only one man running for the Presidency understands what Liberty means to the so called "African American" community. Liberty means that they are Americans, and have every right to their property and life the same as I. No collectivist attitudes that we are a seperate people. We are one people with the same rights and the same Liberties.

And we cannot allow one abuse of Liberty to justify another. False promises given by programs do not justify what has been done that destroys the very communities of our countrymen. I have faith, deep faith, that they will wake up to this and stand and fight for their freedom. Not in protest of discrimination, but in ownership of their lives and property. And I look forward to the day when I can stand and fight with them.

katao
09-25-2007, 12:31 AM
Freedom is the right to hate because of the color you see before you. But Liberty is the rights given to you by your creator that the man who hates you cannot take away.

Very well said. I'm confident that RP will do well.