PDA

View Full Version : Which site did you find out about first?

nayjevin
07-12-2009, 10:27 PM
Among these, what's the website you've known about the longest?

AFTFNJ
07-12-2009, 10:35 PM
http://aftfmovie.com/ back then it was called something else but it looked like this site...

Kludge
07-12-2009, 10:38 PM
Youtube PM exchange -> Ron Paul Forums - 1
Lew Rockwell - 4?
Mises - 2
Daily Paul - 3?
Campaign For Liberty - 5
Free Republic - 6
Liberty Forums - ???

South Park Fan
07-12-2009, 11:05 PM
LewRockwell was my first of these sites.

Natalie
07-13-2009, 12:27 AM
I heard about ronpaulforums.com first. It was the day I met my boyfriend.

nayjevin
07-13-2009, 07:06 PM
LewRockwell was my first of these sites.

me too, I think

I heard about ronpaulforums.com first. It was the day I met my boyfriend.

aw!

Liberty Forums - ???

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.libertyforum.org

brandon
07-13-2009, 07:09 PM
RPF.

I discovered the greatness of forums about 5 years ago. In summer '07 I saw a few youtube vids of Ron Paul and before long I was googling for "ron paul forum" and found this site. I lurked for most of the summer before I actually signed up.

eduardo89
07-13-2009, 07:21 PM
Started out with c4l then found about this and daily paul

revolutionisnow
07-13-2009, 07:25 PM
Is this data going to be in Oprah's book club?

Kotin
07-13-2009, 07:44 PM
I was linked to RPF by Daily Paul.. thats how I found this place.

MsDoodahs
07-13-2009, 08:03 PM
I miss LibertyForum.org.

123tim
07-13-2009, 08:04 PM
There was also a forum called Ron Paul Forum (Without the "s"). Back in the day, I frequented it more because things moved too rapidly here. There was an Iraq war veteran who posted a lot and said that he was trying to buy the site...I can't remember his name.

I guess that it's gone now....there still seems to be a Ron Paul Forum but I don't think that it's the same one.

I'll never forget logging onto this site during the debates and during the money-bombs.....I stayed on for hours. Now I only log on about once a week to see what is going on. Maybe it's better this way. Now, I'm actually involved in rescuing my country.

Anti Federalist
07-13-2009, 08:58 PM
Freep.

I was a freeper back in the 90s.

They ran me off long ago for being a 9/11 "troofer".:D

Dreamofunity
07-13-2009, 09:02 PM
I lurked Daily Paul for a while, but it was always a bit too crazy for me (and I'm admittedly pretty crazy), so I was very relieved when I found RPF. I go to both sites now, only post here, and mainly just go to DP for quick updates/videos or a laugh/interesting read at the latest outlandish posts.

I also check CFL once a day for updates, and use LRC and Mises for independent study more than everyday news and updates.

nayjevin
07-28-2009, 09:44 AM
bump

Number19
07-28-2009, 05:54 PM
Daily Paul...I seldom visit there now.

speciallyblend
07-28-2009, 05:56 PM
Rpf

Peace&Freedom
07-28-2009, 06:02 PM
I've known of Lew Rockwell about since its inception in the late '90's, as I had been reading the Rothbard-Rockwell Report newsletter from the early '90's. Free Republic was actually helpful during the same period, until Bush. Checked into RPF sporadically until joining late 2007.

BillyDkid
07-28-2009, 07:37 PM
The results kind of surprise me. Definitely Lew for me. I was libertarian long before Dr. Paul's last POTUS campaign and scoured the net for anything liberty/libertarian since the day I first got internet service. How long has that been - ten or so years I guess. Can't really remember. Lew was really the first big libertarian oriented internet thing. Ron Paul forums did not really exist until he ran for President this last time.

satchelmcqueen
07-28-2009, 07:59 PM
rpf without the s was my first, then i found this place and liked it better. during the debates and money bombs for those who werent here, you could look at most any page, then hit refresh in 30 seconds only to see the top thread moved to the bottom or to page 2. things were going so fast at some points. this is the best place on the net IMO.

Pete
07-28-2009, 08:57 PM
I joined FR about a month before I came here but got kicked off as they were not too enthralled with my discovery of Ron Paul. An RP supporter there referred me to Daily Paul and here. I preferred the RPF format, so ta-da.

I have read occasionally at Lew Rockwell for years, but also browsed at Townhall, NRO, Michelle Malkin and so on, so wasn't quite 'getting it' until the scales fell from my eyes in 9/07.

free.alive
07-28-2009, 11:51 PM
Yeah, this place used to move FAST! I remember logging on once and there were over 1000 people in Grassroots Central alone!

I've always hated forums... until this one! Daily Paul I think I found around the same time, but while I like the way it looks, I don't like interacting with it. A lot of that may be because of all the conspiracy/NWO-wil-eat-your-baby types over there. Reason's a little harder to come by.

You go RPF!!!

nayjevin
11-25-2009, 12:10 PM
Is this data going to be in Oprah's book club?

uh, wut? no i don't think so ;)

Todd
11-25-2009, 12:19 PM
I joined FR about a month before I came here but got kicked off as they were not too enthralled with my discovery of Ron Paul.

That happened to alot of us....Don't worry about them. :p

kaleidoscope eyes
11-25-2009, 12:20 PM
RPFs was my first introduction into ANY forum. What better way to be introduced to the forum culture eh? :p I found this place after Googling Ron Paul whilst trying to learn about who he was and what he stood for after a debate in Sept. '07. I was immediately struck by the diversity of thoughts and walks of life and how everyone could work together and get so excited by the same ideals of Freedom. I was amazed and impressed then, I remain so today. No matter how many hissy fits this place throws up from time to time. :D

paulitics
11-25-2009, 12:23 PM
googled RPF, found this site and one other. This one took off quicker, and was where many great ideas were born like the money bombs, blimps, tea parties.

Although it does not move as fast it once did, whenever a major event like the MIAC report happens, there is a noticeable bump in traffic.

dannno
11-25-2009, 12:27 PM
I was reading Ron Paul's speeches and whatnot on Lew Rockwell's site before discovering any of the others.