PDA

View Full Version : Who is coming to KY next week for Rand Paul's Summer Vacation?

Matt Collins
07-12-2009, 07:36 PM
Who is coming to KY next week for Rand Paul's Summer Vacation?

See this:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=81282020278&ref=share

Aratus
07-13-2009, 09:50 AM
matt collins! good luck!
the more the merrier!
(my noonish bump!)

TruthisTreason
07-13-2009, 02:21 PM
A better question could be: Who is organizing this? And what do you plan to do?

Austin
07-13-2009, 05:28 PM
A better question could be: Who is organizing this? And what do you plan to do?

I am organizing this effort. I've updated the facebook group page with more detailed information. You can expect a call from me within the next 48hrs, as I would like to see how the campaign can take advantage of our efforts, among other things.

When: July 21st to July 28th
Where: Boone County, Kentucky. We will be operating out of a hotel near the Cincinnati Airport, likely in Florence, KY. Final details on the hotel will be provided shortly, and will depend on the number of committed volunteers.
What: This is a grassroots effort to bring volunteers from across the country to Kentucky to campaign for the Rand Paul for Senate campaign.

During the full 6 days of campaigning available, we will focus on 3 major tasks.

1) Door to door campaigning, also known as canvassing - we will being knocking on doors from 9AM to 12PM. We will have literature printed to hand out to each person/house we come in contact with. We will record information on each address and compile a database of potential donors, voters, etc.
2) Sign bombs - We will make signs and place them at busy intersections throughout Boone County. This will take place between 2PM - 5PM each full campaign day.
3) Phone banking - We will be making phone calls to registered Republicans in key locations throughout the state. A script will be provided. Our goal here is to increase name recognition and identify potential voters and donors. We will phone bank from 6PM - 8PM each day.

----Take the survey at the link below if you plan on attending---

http://tr.im/pd90

**** Chip in to help pay for ...
- Voter registration data
- Cost for literature
- Cost for sign materials
- Volunteer lodging assistance
**** Thank you!

http://vacations4rand.chipin.com/rand-pauls-summer-vacation

TruthisTreason
07-13-2009, 05:32 PM
I am organizing this effort. I've updated the facebook group page with more detailed information. You can expect a call from me within the next 48hrs, as I would like to see how the campaign can take advantage of our efforts, among other things.

Assuming your group isn't too big :o... you should come to our private fundraiser in Bowling Green on July 23rd.

Austin
07-13-2009, 05:37 PM
Assuming your group isn't too big :o... you should come to our private fundraiser in Bowling Green on July 23rd.

As of right now, it appears that there will not be more than 20 people attending. You can probably expect 10 or 15 of us to show up.

Many of the volunteers are really excited to meet Rand and have a chat with him.. what are the chances of that happening, with or without our appearance at the fund raiser?

TruthisTreason
07-13-2009, 05:45 PM
As of right now, it appears that there will not be more than 20 people attending. You can probably expect 10 or 15 of us to show up.

Many of the volunteers are really excited to meet Rand and have a chat with him.. what are the chances of that happening, with or without our appearance at the fund raiser?

The events I see are:

Fayette CO GOP Picnic (25 bucks to enter :mad:) July 18th
Bowling Green Fundraiser July 23rd (Rand is also on The Alex Jones Show this day)
We are actually coming up to Wilder, KY on July 25th and staying overnight.

But, any day Rand could have lunch with the group in Bowling Green (except Tuesdays).

specsaregood
07-13-2009, 05:46 PM

Is this all self-funded by the volunteers?

Austin
07-13-2009, 07:04 PM
Is this all self-funded by the volunteers?

Not all of the volunteers are able to pay for their lodging, but I am covering costs at this point. I have set up a ChipIn (http://vacations4rand.chipin.com/rand-pauls-summer-vacation) for those that want to help out..

Here is a quick breakdown of what it's costing me..

Voter registration data (unless otherwise provided) -- $400
Printed literature (25,000+ pieces) -- $350
Sign materials -- $300+
Lodging/Food costs for volunteers tight on funds -- $500
Calling cards for volunteers without nationwide minutes -- $600

$2150 ain't that bad for a full week of work from volunteers.

If anyone can donate a few bucks to help us out, that would be great. I'll be providing full transparency of the funds spent on the ChipIn page. Any unused money will be either donated to Rand Paul for Senate campaign or returned to the original donor.. just be sure to add a note to your donation so I know what to do with any left over money.

Kotin
07-13-2009, 07:16 PM
Not all of the volunteers are able to pay for their lodging, but I am covering costs at this point. I have set up a ChipIn (http://vacations4rand.chipin.com/rand-pauls-summer-vacation) for those that want to help out..

Here is a quick breakdown of what it's costing me..

Voter registration data (unless otherwise provided) -- $400
Printed literature (25,000+ pieces) -- $350
Sign materials -- $300+
Lodging/Food costs for volunteers tight on funds -- $500
Calling cards for volunteers without nationwide minutes -- $600

$2150 ain't that bad for a full week of work from volunteers.

If anyone can donate a few bucks to help us out, that would be great. I'll be providing full transparency of the funds spent on the ChipIn page. Any unused money will be either donated to Rand Paul for Senate campaign or returned to the original donor.. just be sure to add a note to your donation so I know what to do with any left over money.

just sent 35$ your way.. when I get more money, I will send more :D

Austin
07-13-2009, 07:20 PM
just sent 35$ your way.. when I get more money, I will send more :D

Thanks Kotin! That is a huge help to me.. I'll be sure to let you know what we buy with your donation. :)

Transparency FTW.

spotics
07-13-2009, 07:40 PM
I'll have a list of registered Republicans for you.

Matt Collins
07-13-2009, 07:49 PM
I'm promoting it a great deal among Facebook

Austin
07-13-2009, 09:03 PM
I'll have a list of registered Republicans for you.

Seriously? That will reduce costs by a huge amount!

I'll contact you soon via email to discuss this further.. or you can PM me..

This is big, it will save us a ton of trouble. :D

specsaregood
07-13-2009, 09:27 PM
I have set up a ChipIn (http://vacations4rand.chipin.com/rand-pauls-summer-vacation) for those that want to help out..

Exactly what I was looking for. Cheers!

Do you plan on trying to get some local media coverage that you all are doing this? Or planning on flying under the radar?

Austin
07-13-2009, 10:54 PM
Exactly what I was looking for. Cheers!

Do you plan on trying to get some local media coverage that you all are doing this? Or planning on flying under the radar?
I'm going to talk to Chris about this. I think it's important to have decent numbers if we want media attention. If I send out a press release and we have 5 volunteers, it's not going to go over to well. If it turns out we have 20 people from a lot of different states, then it might be worth notifying the media.

We do already have someone from California confirmed. He's also bought his plane tickets.

Sorry I don't have a direct answer to your question.. I'm sure I'll know soon.

steined
07-13-2009, 11:51 PM
The events I see are:

Fayette CO GOP Picnic (25 bucks to enter :mad:) July 18th
Bowling Green Fundraiser July 23rd (Rand is also on The Alex Jones Show this day)
We are actually coming up to Wilder, KY on July 25th and staying overnight.

But, any day Rand could have lunch with the group in Bowling Green (except Tuesdays).

Being that the Hofbrauhaus is in neighboring Newport... and you owe me a beer... I think I might just call that "loan" in when you are up here! :p

TruthisTreason
07-14-2009, 12:04 AM
Being that the Hofbrauhaus is in neighboring Newport... and you owe me a beer... I think I might just call that "loan" in when you are up here! :p

Awesome!
:cool: