PDA

View Full Version : Peter Schiff raising money at Freedom Fest

No1ButPaul08
07-12-2009, 01:08 PM
Although he has yet to accept donations at his website. Peter Schiff is raising money at Freedom Fest. From chrismartenson.com

Hi All, I just spent over an hour with Peter Schiff in his hotel room here at Freedom Fest in Las Vegas, talking about both economics and politics (eat your hearts out, guys!). Earlier today I attended Peter's lunch presentation. After giving an excellent speech on current events, Peter made a long-anticipated announcement about his intentions to run for Senate (against Chris Dodd) in Connecticut in 2010. Peter announced that in order to win the senate seat, his campaign will be focused primarily on national-level economic issues, i.e. the credit crisis and the fact that unlike anyone in congress, he accurately predicted the current crises in both housing and credit. For that reason, Peter will need to raise money on a national level to support his senate candidacy in Connecticut. Since this is a little unusual, Peter's approach is to "pre-announce" that he intends to run if there is sufficient support. He will accept donations at www.schiffforsenate.com starting immediately. If there seems to be strong enough interest (i.e. adequate donations), he will run for senate. If there are not sufficient donations and he decides not to run, he will return all donations received. By the time I caught up with Peter in his hotel room, there was a small stack of checks, many of them for the maximum legal campaign donation amount of $4,800. I would have added one of my own, but I don't travel with blank check stock. I'll be mailing my donation in to Peter's campaign on Monday when I get back home. I think Peter is going to get a lot of attention very soon. Earlier today I saw him being interviewed by a TV news crew, and while I was in his hotel room, the national chairman of the Libertarian party showed up begging Peter to consider running on the LP ticket. But after some conversation he conceded that it made more sense for Peter to run as a Republican. It seemed clear that he would have the support of the libertarian party no matter what his official affiliation. I hope others on this site will consider making donations as well. Peter Schiff is about as close to "Chris Martenson Thinking" as they come, and I can't think of anything better than to have a guy in the senate who saw all this coming, accurately predicted the crisis, and who knows how to fix it. Again, the new website for Peter's campaign is www.schiffforsenate.com (yes, that's 3 Fs in schiffforsenate). Peter wasn't sure whether the site was ready to accept credit card donations yet, but he said it would be within a few days if it isn't already.

http://www.chrismartenson.com/forum/peter-schiff-just-pre-announced-senatorial-candidacy/22099

MRoCkEd
07-12-2009, 01:17 PM
That is awesome!
I'm donating whatever I can once his site lets me.

bucfish
07-12-2009, 01:47 PM
Nice

eduardo89
07-12-2009, 02:02 PM
I wish I could donate $4800....if I had the money I'd use my name, my brother's and my parents' just to give as much as possible!

itshappening
07-12-2009, 02:41 PM
to give $4800 it has to be as a couple

am i correct?

tajitj
07-12-2009, 03:49 PM
I think Peter will raise more money than Rand. Peter has a much larger following than our circles.

He needs to really get back to Connecticut and make friends with the party elders or it will be very hard to win.

Austin
07-12-2009, 03:52 PM
to give $4800 it has to be as a couple

am i correct?

You can give $2400 in the primary, and then you can give another $2400 in the general election.

Perhaps people were writing checks for $4800 and assuming the treasurer would allocate the money appropriately.

torchbearer
07-12-2009, 07:27 PM
this is fucking awesome. imagine having our own heavy weight in the ring in 2010! And scores a knockout!
Schiff will lead the GOP to the libertarian promise land.

itshappening
07-12-2009, 07:49 PM
this is fucking awesome. imagine having our own heavy weight in the ring in 2010! And scores a knockout!
Schiff will lead the GOP to the libertarian promise land.

steady brother, he has to get through a GOP primary which is easier said than done, remember most of them are neocons...

torchbearer
07-12-2009, 07:55 PM
steady brother, he has to get through a GOP primary which is easier said than done, remember most of them are neocons...

I smell blood in the neocon pool. We found our shark..... I'm stoked. Let's give this guy some money-

Dreamofunity
07-13-2009, 02:09 PM
Are there any videos of Schiff or Paul at Freedom Fest?

JamesButabi
07-13-2009, 02:17 PM
YouTube - Freedom Fest 2009 - Our Government No Longer Represents the Values of Freedom (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajSb5MyN3C0)

Dreamofunity
07-13-2009, 07:09 PM
If that was in response to me, thank you, but I've seen it already :P If not, it's relevant anyways.

I was more refering to speeches or the panel discussion, anyone know if there is recorded footage?

gls
07-13-2009, 07:18 PM
I haven't seen any other video from Freedom Fest surprisingly. Maybe the company that put it on didn't release anything, so as the make it more exclusive, in an effort to justify the high admission fee.