PDA

View Full Version : A path is being paved to send Cheney to prison?

Liberty Star
07-12-2009, 09:33 AM
Or these issues suddenly coming back in news is just coincidence?

Sunday, 12 July 2009 12:29 UK

Cheney 'ordered CIA to hide plan'

Former US Vice-President Dick Cheney gave direct orders to the CIA to conceal an intelligence programme from Congress, US media reports say.

CIA director Leon Panetta is said to have abandoned the project when he learnt of it last month.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8146466.stm

Holder ‘leaning toward appointing a prosecutor to investigate’ Bush admin’s torture policies.

In April, President Obama revised his position on whether to appoint a special prosecutor to investigate the Bush administration’s use of torture. After initially stating “that we need to look forward as opposed to looking backwards,” Obama said “that is going to be more of a decision for the Attorney General within the parameters of various laws, and I don’t want to prejudge that.” Yesterday, Newsweek’s Daniel Klaidman reported that Attorney General Eric Holder “is now leaning toward appointing a prosecutor to investigate the Bush administration’s brutal interrogation practices”:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/07/11/AR2009071102994.html

Lovecraftian4Paul
07-12-2009, 09:54 AM
If only. I'll believe it when I see it, just seems like they are leaking more stuff we already half-knew as if to say, "Look what the bad Bush administration did!" It keeps people's eyes trained on the past and the media's tone implies Obama isn't participating in same secrecy and corruption.

jkr
07-12-2009, 10:01 AM
i have to get the first shovel full of dirt...GREEN JOB!

Liberty Star
07-12-2009, 10:02 AM
Yep. Seems like a new chapter in Pelosi-CIA war and dems just bringing "torture talk" back into news cycle after recent other "secret program" news in effort to maximize political gains. Dems seem just as morally bankrupt as anyone else overall.

tmosley
07-12-2009, 10:11 AM
Obama wants a fall guy that he can blame everything on, while continuing and expanding those same policies. Cheney is not a likable character by any stretch of the imagination, and he is certainly guilty. This means they can set him up as a fall guy, and pin everything else on him as well. If any other problems come up, they will simply point to Cheney and say "He did it," and people will (they think) accept that.

That said, I am all for the precedent it would set of throwing former executives into prison. Just a few more big scandals and they'll be leaving office at the end of a rope (God willing).

heavenlyboy34
07-12-2009, 10:16 AM
If only. I'll believe it when I see it, just seems like they are leaking more stuff we already half-knew as if to say, "Look what the bad Bush administration did!" It keeps people's eyes trained on the past and the media's tone implies Obama isn't participating in same secrecy and corruption.

agreed. I believe this is just eyewash for the masses to distract from the State's brutality...till it actually happens. I will be more interested when we can speak about Cheny's imprisonment in the present tense than in the "possible future" tense. JMHO.