View Full Version : Medvedev Unveils “World Currency” Coin At G8

Volitzer
07-11-2009, 10:48 PM
Medvedev Unveils “World Currency” Coin At G8

Russian President shows reporters example of “united future world currency”

Paul Joseph Watson
Prison Planet.com
Friday, July 10, 2009

UPDATE: A close-up image of the coin appears at the bottom of the article.

In a highly symbolic moment at the G8 summit in Italy today, Russian President Dmitry Medvedev unveiled to reporters a coin representing a “united future world currency”.

“We are discussing both the use of other national currencies, including the ruble, as a reserve currency, as well as supranational currencies,” the Russian leader said at a news conference.

However, those who have downplayed the formulation of a world currency by dismissing it as merely a progression of SDR’s (Special Drawing Rights) and not something that would physically be used by citizens in a system of world government, were contradicted when Medvedev clearly outlined that the new currency would be “used for payment” by citizens as a “united future world currency”.

“This is a symbol of our unity and our desire to settle such issues jointly,” Medvedev said.

“Here it is,” Medvedev told reporters today in L’Aquila, Italy, after a summit of the Group of Eight nations. “You can see it and touch it,” reports Bloomberg.

The question of a supranational currency “concerns everyone now, even the mints,” Medvedev said. The test coin “means they’re getting ready. I think it’s a good sign that we understand how interdependent we are.”

Medvedev explained that the coin had been minted in Belgium and bears the words “unity in diversity”. An RIA Novosti report noted that the coin represented an example of a “possible global currency”.

China and Russia have repeatedly called for a new global currency to replace the dollar.

When confronted about plans to supplant the dollar with a new global currency, both Federal Reserve chairman Ben Bernanke and Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner denied that such an agenda existed.

However, just days after he told a Congressional hearing that there were no plans to move towards a global currency, Geithner sought to please the elitist CFR by assuring them that he was “open” to the notion of a new global currency system.

The scandal-ridden and highly secretive Bank For International Settlements, considered to be the world’s top central banking power hub, released a policy paper in 2006 that called for the end of national currencies in favor of a global model of currency formats.

The global currency would be a key central plank of a future system of world government. Earlier this week, Pope Benedict called for a “world political authority” to manage the global economy.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/medvedev-unveils-world-currency-coin-at-g8.html

Warrior_of_Freedom
07-12-2009, 12:17 AM
russian president is a tool too?

jsu718
07-12-2009, 12:23 AM
So how many people here would support a global currency if it was made of precious metals instead of useless paper?

Warrior_of_Freedom
07-12-2009, 12:25 AM
So how many people here would support a global currency if it was made of precious metals instead of useless paper?
the constitution doesn't allow that and the last time I checked it's the supreme law of our land

jsu718
07-12-2009, 12:45 AM
the constitution doesn't allow that and the last time I checked it's the supreme law of our land

Really? When did you last check? Everyone ignores the constitution now.
And anyway, nothing is stopping an amendment to allow for the global currency.

akihabro
07-12-2009, 01:02 AM
I can't find a close-up of the coin. Does it have a boot on someones head? A gun pointed towards the world? I'm dying to know what tyrannical logo is on the coin.

Crowish
07-12-2009, 01:11 AM
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/1918/image001sbm.jpg

akihabro
07-12-2009, 01:13 AM
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/1918/image001sbm.jpg

Wow that's pretty close. I wanted Medvedev's finger prints so I can copy them the next time I need it to the DMV.

Alawn
07-12-2009, 02:38 AM

Never

james1906
07-12-2009, 07:38 AM

I'd prefer that every nation's currency was backed up my precious metals. I just don't want banking decisions in the hands of a supranational authority.

Lovecraftian4Paul
07-12-2009, 09:53 AM
I don't fully understand the story with this coin. Does anyone know if it's a prototype for real world currency being planned, or is this just something the Russians held up as their idea of world currency?

Kind of surprises me that it comes from Russia. Though I imagine in their own minds they want a world currency just to topple US Dollar Reserves.