PDA

View Full Version : Good For Nothing Christians by Chuck Baldwin July 10, 2009

Volitzer
07-11-2009, 09:34 PM
Good For Nothing Christians
by Chuck Baldwin
July 10, 2009

"Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men." (Matt. 5:13 KJV)

Jesus said that salt without savor is "good for nothing." Savor is the ingredient, the character that gives salt its quality--and its value. When salt is as it should be, it is a most precious commodity. Not only is it used as a seasoning; it is, more importantly, a preservative. As most everyone knows, salt was the primary source of food preservation before the days of refrigeration. Salt has been deemed to be so valuable at times that wars have actually been waged over it. During times of unusual deprivation, salt can be even more valuable than precious metals. But when salt loses its saltiness, it is absolutely worthless; it is "good for nothing."

Jesus plainly proclaimed that He viewed His disciples as being the salt of society. In other words, when believers have the character they should have, they provide the preservation of the land. They hold back and retard the putrefying properties of spoilage and decay. But when Christians lose their character, when they lose the internal resistance to decay, they become "good for nothing" and the result is, the land is "trodden under foot of men."

It grieves me to say that, for the most part, the modern Christian, the modern pastor, and the modern church have lost their savor. Taken as a whole, we have lost our inner character: the ability to resist decay and preserve the land has long departed, and America is fast being "trodden under foot of men."

Our churches are no longer places of respite from the world: they are mirrors of it: the same dress; the same attitudes; the same carnality; the same spirit; the same stubbornness; the same pride. Churches are no longer bastions of truth: they are glorified social clubs or mere corporations, where Christianity is never allowed to interfere with business. Instead of being watchmen on the wall, our pastors are CEOs or, even worse, politicians. Popularity and personal ambition far outweigh commitment to truth and an independent mind. And as for Christian homes, forget it. The modern American home is straight out of Isaiah chapter three: "babes shall rule over them." In the average "Christian" home, children rule the mothers, and mothers, in turn, rule the fathers. Discipline and instruction are out; leniency and ignorance are in.

We have a pandemic all right, but it's not the swine flu: it is a pandemic of spineless Christianity. Parents who cannot stand up to their own children; pastors who cannot stand up to their own congregations; religious leaders who cannot stand up to politicians; and churches that cannot stand up to unconstitutional government.

Our so-called "conservative Christian" special interest groups are far more concerned about not losing financial contributions than they are about confronting the real evils of society. And as far as the Religious Right is concerned, it lost its soul somewhere early on in the first administration of George W. Bush.

If one is looking for someone to blame America's demise on, don't look to the prostitutes, drug dealers, or crooked politicians: look no further than the doorsteps of America's churches. While the ominous clouds of oppression and tyranny boil overhead, our churches are content to play kid games and wallow in their own materialism and laziness. I realize there are exceptions to the rule, of course, but they are few and far between.

Sadder still is the lack of anything on the horizon that points to any kind of spiritual awakening. Look at the churches that are growing: for the most part, they are of the Joel Osteen and Rick Warren variety, where conviction has been replaced with compromise, and popularity has replaced principle. Genuine Bible prophets usually occupy the pulpits where hardly anyone attends. Truth has been replaced with entertainment, and calls for repentance are drowned out by the clamor for prosperity theology.

I can tell you from personal experience that, in more than 34 years of Gospel ministry, it has never been harder to continue to carry the torch of truth than it is today. It takes a toll on one's physical health and emotional being, and even on one's family. Any pastor desiring to carry the torch of truth today need not expect to have many friends. And any evangelist desiring to carry the torch of truth today need not expect to get many meetings. Truth is about as popular as a bad case of the measles, and yes, I mean among today's professing "Christians."

Should it surprise us, then, that we see the encroachment of our liberties and the erosion of constitutional government coming hard and fast? Should it surprise us that America is losing its conscience--not to mention our heritage? Should it surprise us when we see hundreds of large, empty internment camps popping up everywhere? Should it surprise us when we read of would-be tyrants in Washington, D.C., trying to pass egregious legislation that would strip us of our Bill of Rights? Should it surprise us when we see multinational corporations working with foreign governments to erode the sovereignty of these United States? Should it surprise us when we see both Republican and Democratic Presidential administrations look the other way while our borders are being invaded and even erased?

When the salt loses its savor, it is "cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men." And that is exactly what is happening to us today.

Does all this make me fatalistic? Not at all. I am absolutely convinced that God will always reserve to Himself a faithful remnant and a land of liberty for those who desire it. But before we talk about the land, we must be sure that our hearts are willing to pay the price to obtain it. We'll leave that discussion for another time.

In the meantime, the clarion call to "come out" of this apostate, compromising, and carnal "church" is a good place to begin. We created our Black Regiment directory to help people find churches that were willing to stand up for Christ and liberty, as did colonial preachers of old. To locate Black Regiment churches and pastors in your area, or to volunteer to be a Black Regiment pastor, go to

http://www.chuckbaldwinlive.com/blackregiment.php

*If you appreciate this column and want to help me distribute these editorial opinions to an ever-growing audience, donations may now be made by credit card, check, or Money Order. Use this link:

http://www.chuckbaldwinlive.com/donate.php

© Chuck Baldwin

This column is archived as http://www.chuckbaldwinlive.com/c2009/cbarchive_20090710.html

catdd
07-11-2009, 10:01 PM
"Truth is about as popular as a bad case of the measles"

Time for Change
07-12-2009, 09:35 AM
I think he hit the nail on the head here.
Depreciated convictions in favor of popularity, in all things.

Liberty Star
07-12-2009, 09:42 AM
If one is looking for someone to blame America's demise on, don't look to the prostitutes, drug dealers, or crooked politicians: look no further than the doorsteps of America's churches. While the ominous clouds of oppression and tyranny boil overhead, our churches are content to play kid games and wallow in their own materialism and laziness. I realize there are exceptions to the rule, of course, but they are few and far between.

He is right.

Land Letter to Bush before Iraq war from so called "Church Leaders" was one of the biggest mistakes in the history of Christianity in America and Churches today have been greatly diminished/sidelined in influence as a result. Direction Church took in recent years is mind boggling if observed in conjunction with teachings of Christ. No wonder we are getting the fruits we find in our baskets.

Jags~Beach
07-12-2009, 10:26 AM
Churches today have sold out to the governments lending policy. As long as the church remains muzzled regarding the poitical arena they will remain in the tax payroll.

It is the greed of those preaching from the pulpits that have allowed the government to remove the salt regarding the political landscape.

This however is only a fraction of the reason Christianity is good for nothing.

Martin Luther taking the reformation towards secularism rather than Judaism thanks to his anti-semetic nature he inherited from the catholic church who BTW happened to turn the lights out on Christianity during the dark age's with the Inquisitions in order to subject the world to a dark religion it aimed to replace faith in the light of truth with.

Chrisatianity today is good for nothing is because it has cut itself off from its root. In order for Christianity to possess a revival it must frst and foremost return to its roots and embrace the purpose of the Lord of Zion as its own.

"I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel." Jesus Christ

It is only in returning to the message of the prophets who delivered the good news in the old testament to the house of Israel in the form of prophesies that acted as movie reels that when spliced together through thousands of years present the actual motion picture of the life Jesus lived.

The truth is the salt, and when we have disconnected from that truth and from the root of Israel, from the ancestry line that prophetically laid down the foundations of it for us to possess as a rock in our lives, well then Christianity becomes obscured with the rest of the babel having to do with how one ought to carry themselves about in their daily lives, the truth then becomes nothing more than guidelines that can be ignored when ever the occasion calls for it.

Christianity today more than ever needs to cut itself off from the secular root it has been grafted in and regraft itself to the root's of the anscestors who established the truth in Jesus Christ from the beginning. That the Christian may once again act as a beacon, to be another facet on the brilliant diamond of truth reflecting the many facets the prophets of old shown to those in the past regarding images of the future in regards to Christs first and second coming.

It is the disconnect that has the light ggoing out of modern Christianity today, has caused the salt its loose its savior. Its a matter of getting connected with the truth rather than being forced to rely on blind faith.

Liberty Star
07-12-2009, 10:35 AM
Churches today have sold out to the governments lending policy. ..

This however is only a fraction of the reason Christianity is good for nothing.

Somewhere there you lost distinction between Christianity and recent popular attitudes of the Church leaders? Was that accidental.

If they are not following teachings of Christ and if some in Church have become too friendly with "money lenders", how can that be used to condemn Christianity itself as your statement above seems to be doing.

Chrisatianity today is good for nothing is because it has cut itself off from its root. In order for Christianity to possess a revival it must frst and foremost return to its roots and embrace the purpose of the Lord of Zion as its own.

"I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel." Jesus Christ

US tax payers have sent over 100 billion dollars to water the "root", what more is needed? Could you be bit more specific what needs to be done for Christianity to salvage itself based on your argument of deficiencies.
Does US need to ban some modern alternative life styles or legalize other harsh sin punishment measures from OT? How do we do what you are hinting at.

speciallyblend
07-12-2009, 11:16 AM
do not forget christians that want the protection of the us constitution. they seem to want their cake and eat it to! as long as they are christians they are ok,if not. the screw liberty!!

i know there are good christians, but alot of them seem to want liberty for all as long as they are all christians. i see alot of hypocracy in religion! christians have the right to believe whatever they want,but they have NO RIGHT to dictate their beliefs on others or legislate against them.

example bottom line the gay marriage is a non-issue. the only reason church going folks go to the state for marriage is for tax breaks/legal,same as gay folks do! the christian religion has no copyright on the word marriage. if you are a CHRISTIAN then the only argument you have over marriage is with your own church ,end of discussion! if your church has a problem with the state doing marriages. then we need to tax that church! unless someone is forcing you to marry the same sex. it is a moot issue!!

Christians seem to want liberty for them and no one else unless they preach what they(christians want)!

i didn't vote for chuck baldwin based on his beliefs. i voted for the CP because of our Constitution. Does the CP follow the Constitution? they say they do but i do not think so.

we so need a new platform and a new party so the cp/lp/tp and rpr and rpd and indys can form a REAL PARTY that is open to beliefs other the just christianity!

nice to see chuck writing this!! just not sure about the CP!

the christian right pretty much disgusts me and that is the problem with the gop and there is a LIL WEDGE IN THE CP. The CP Convention, needs to look like a Convention and not a Sunday Morning SERMON!!

sidenote:
i have said before The CP/LP/TP and the factions of the RPR/RPD and the indy's need to form a new coalition and new party and new platform to attract all the factions! Ron Paul proved it could be done by platform. Now we just need the leaders of all the factions to swallow their pride asap and form this new party sending the gop into 3rd party status. Are you listening Chuck? are you listening Ron Paul? are you listening dems/indys? are you listening leaders of the TP/CP/LP/RPR/RPD and the indys and others??

WE MUST UNITE ASAP until then we will have 5 or more marginalized movements! all for the same bottom line LIBERTY!!! LIBERTY PARTY!