PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul sort of painted as a white supremacist

Prez4TheNet
09-24-2007, 09:49 PM
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/nation/bal-te.infocus23sep23,0,3508039.story?coll=bal_home_ut il

Interesting points to note:

Three years ago, he was the only member of the House to vote against a resolution honoring the 40th anniversary of the 1964 Civil Rights Act, which banned racial discrimination by hotels, restaurants and theaters. In a speech explaining his "no" vote, Paul said the 1964 law "did not improve race relations or enhance freedom." Instead, the "forced integration" it "dictated" infringed on "the rights of private property owners to use their property as they please."

More recently, he was one of only two House members to vote against a measure calling for the investigation of unsolved civil rights murders that took place before 1970. Paul says he does not believe the federal government should be involved in murder cases. There are no blacks on the staff of his House offices or presidential campaign, but he says he has had black aides in the past.

I didn't know this about Ron Paul, I need to look into this a bit more

0zzy
09-24-2007, 09:50 PM
SORT OF? hahahaha

wgadget
09-24-2007, 09:51 PM
I'm sure he'll set them all straight Thursday night at the Tavis Smiley PBS debate.

QWE
09-24-2007, 09:52 PM
I'm glad Paul votes against unnecessary bills without discrimination.

Corydoras
09-24-2007, 09:52 PM
That Sun article ticked me off, where in the Washington Post when asked who he was considering as veep, the FIRST name he mentioned was Walter Williams.
Sheesh.

Abobo
09-24-2007, 10:01 PM
How does being against forced integration and the invasion of state's authority make someone a white supremacist?

I don't support forced integration and I also don't think the federal government should have anything to do with a local murder case... Does that make me a white supremacist? If you say yes, it might help if you know I'm NOT white....

0zzy
09-24-2007, 10:03 PM
How does being against forced integration and the invasion of state's authority make someone a white supremacist?

I don't support forced integration and I also don't think the federal government should have anything to do with a local murder case... Does that make me a white supremacist? If you say yes, it might help if you know I'm NOT white....

Are you...peach?

Qiu
09-24-2007, 10:03 PM
Given that the paper associated Paul with white supremacist websites, having no black aides (why did this come up?), against honoring the civil rights act, and against investigating civil rights murders... I think we could expect a few specific race questions toward Ron as he will be debating at a HBCU.

hard@work
09-24-2007, 10:17 PM
Black people are very aware of what it means to have Liberty. And they are very aware of when they have less. Ron Paul knows this, I have faith.

Prez4TheNet
09-25-2007, 06:11 PM

Wow, I am white and I think people need to realize that the forced integration did wonders for the civil rights movement. To dismiss this is a major travesty and it is one of the areas that the federal government should be involved in.

I didn't know this about Ron Paul and I don't think his explanation is justifiable and shows ignorance. I am going to have to look more closely into this before I make any conclusion.

katao
09-25-2007, 06:20 PM
Read Ron Paul's explanation to the House:

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul188.html

I can't speak for anyone else, but to me, that vote and that speech showed greater courage and integrity than I hope to muster in an entire lifetime. In this day of political correctness, Ron Paul alone speaks truth.

Yes, there is room for honest disagreement with his view about the Civil Rights Act, but the man doesn't have an evil bone in his body - any claims of racism are just absurd.

Givemelibertyor.....
09-25-2007, 06:25 PM
Wow, I am white and I think people need to realize that the forced integration did wonders for the civil rights movement. To dismiss this is a major travesty and it is one of the areas that the federal government should be involved in.

I didn't know this about Ron Paul and I don't think his explanation is justifiable and shows ignorance. I am going to have to look more closely into this before I make any conclusion.

Racial tension is a tool that the elites use against us. Forcing integration only breeds hostility from both sides. Keeps the people too busy worrying about each other, so they can't see the man behind the curtain.

People should be able to live as they choose, and associate with the people they choose to associate with. Doing anything by force is a bad idea........

Prez4TheNet
09-25-2007, 06:32 PM
Read Ron Paul's explanation to the House:

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul188.html

I can't speak for anyone else, but to me, that vote and that speech showed greater courage and integrity than I hope to muster in an entire lifetime. In this day of political correctness, Ron Paul alone speaks truth.

While I agree with him about the quotas, I think he should have seperated that out from the Civil Rights act because they were indeed seperate issues. His explanation is not sufficient

Prez4TheNet
09-25-2007, 06:34 PM
Racial tension is a tool that the elites use against us. Forcing integration only breeds hostility from both sides. Keeps the people too busy worrying about each other, so they can't see the man behind the curtain.

People should be able to live as they choose, and associate with the people they choose to associate with. Doing anything by force is a bad idea........

If what you say is true then why has race relations considerably improved since 1964...

I disagree with your hypothesis, I think that forced integration has made people more open-minded and has improved race relations.

paulpwns
09-25-2007, 06:50 PM
If what you say is true then why has race relations considerably improved since 1964...

I disagree with your hypothesis, I think that forced integration has made people more open-minded and has improved race relations.

You obviously have never been to Atlanta.

The race issue here is the biggest issue in the city.

EVERYONE is racist. Blacks, whites. EVERYONE!

People that moved here that were never racist before, become racist in about three months.
If you don't believe me look at the craigslist rant and raves forum for atlanta.

Forced integration, lead to de jur segregation.

Segregation still exists, just not by law.

Bottomline?
You can't heal morality through legislation.

Givemelibertyor.....
09-25-2007, 06:50 PM

What I say isn't truth, only my opinion. And you certainly are entitled to yours.

My point is that anytime you force people to do anything you are going to breed hostility. I think that racial unrest is used to keep the people divided, and to ignore where the real problem lies. It is to provide cover, so that TPTB can operate without drawing attention to themselves.

It is not the Federal Governments role to dictate how people live their lives, or who they associate with.

Freedom is a double-edged sword.

katao
09-25-2007, 07:14 PM
Prez4TheNet,

The basic principle I always remember is that the use of force, even for the best of intentions, ends up preventing the very success it seeks to achieve.

If you read nothing else, please read:

1. A short article - Persuasion vs. Force http://www.mskousen.com/Books/PvF/pvftext.html

2. Mary Ruwarts book 'Healing our World'. You can read it free online at: http://www.ruwart.com/Healing/rutoc.html

3. Ron Paul short article - What Really Divides Us http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul68.html

eleganz
09-25-2007, 08:29 PM
I did hear RP speaking about breaking our Nation away from collectivism and encouraging individualism. Through his vision, as individualists, we will be stronger as a nation and racial issues will decrease.

drednot
09-25-2007, 09:23 PM

Ron Paul is being consistent with his philosophy. The real question is how could he vote for that legislation and still maintain his pro-Bill of Rights stand.

He doesn't feel the federal government should infringe on freedom of association.

Where has forcing people together ever increased understanding rather than built resentment?

What promotes integration and understanding is capitalism. When smart businsessmen make hiring decisions, they base those decisions on what's good for the bottom line, which is to say they hire the best qualified people independent of biological differences.

Bad companies that hire people on a biological basis go out of business.

I'm just reading Alan Greenspan's biography and in it he points out that in the 70's all of the VPs in his company were women, because female economists were undervalued in the marketplace and thus a bargain. That's the kind of real change that free markets promote.

foofighter20x
09-26-2007, 02:17 AM
Forced integration, lead to de jur segregation.

1. The phrase de jure means by law.
2. Segregation by law would be illegal with the whole forced integration thing. The way you worded that is antithetical to what I think you were trying to convey.
3. I think you meant de facto which means in fact.

4. I hope you didn't mean du jour which is French for of the day.

unklejman
09-27-2007, 09:25 AM
This has been on my mind lately. I can't help but think about If I would be able to be out in public with my dark skinned girl friend in southern Alabama, without fear of mine and her life, if that Civil Rights act had not been passed....

ARealConservative
09-27-2007, 09:29 AM
the 1964 civil rights act is what brought us quotas. Ya, lets honor that garbage legislation. :mad:

johnrocks
09-27-2007, 09:34 AM
I am in favor of free association, if you look at the matters of forced intergration objectively you will see in a lot of areas it has had ;to put it mildly; unintended consequences. We didn't have deterrioting(sp) inner cities,gangs,or high crime prior to these laws. It created white flight in the cities,left a dewindling tax base and a domino effect happened, with the poorest of the poor left behind. A little off topic but this is one of the reasons I personally am against it along with the Constitutional aspects of it.