PDA

View Full Version : On the topic of naming & shaming "extremists" by media

GreenCardSeeker
07-11-2009, 12:28 AM
Since it was brought up in another thread here how the SPLC is starting to do things like that though haven't stooped as low as naming individuals yet, I thought I'd inform about a horrible atrocity that Swedish mass media committed a number of years ago. In 1999, 62 people, mostly non-violent dissidents, had their names, pictures and whereabouts listed in the four largest newspapers in Sweden.. A few people spoke out against this publication, yet most people remained silent. I'm pretty certain Americans would have been very outraged if something similar had taken place in their country:

YouTube - Outing of dissidents (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UPq6k7JltQ&feature=channel_page)

That's what might be in your future if you don't stop organizations like the ADL and SPLC. Imagine what they could do if they could find a few RP supporters who had been guilty of committing assaults at some point in their lives, or who had been involved in militias?

It's a very effective suppression of dissent when people are silent during terror campaigns like these. People then know that if they have the wrong views, they can be slandered the same way without anyone standing up for them.

Optatron
07-11-2009, 12:40 AM
oh don't worry, everybody in America (including freedom loving Ron Paul supporters) are going to be silent about naming white supremacist extremists (not the only people I think about, but the prime fetish of ADL, SPLC). if there's one group in this country that everybody left and right have no sympathy for, and anything less than bashing them is guilt by association, it'd be white racists.

GreenCardSeeker
07-11-2009, 12:48 AM
oh don't worry, everybody in America (including freedom loving Ron Paul supporters) are going to be silent about naming white supremacist extremists (not the only people I think about, but the prime fetish of ADL, SPLC). if there's one group in this country that everybody left and right have no sympathy for, and anything less than bashing them is guilt by association, it'd be white racists.

Funny thing is, now they've proceeded with Christians as well in Sweden, they're next on the elimination list. Anyone with half a brain has to realize that if anyone has to have any rights, we all must stand up for whoever is attacked.

Optatron
07-11-2009, 12:54 AM
Funny thing is, now they've proceeded with Christians as well in Sweden, they're next on the elimination list. Anyone with half a brain has to realize that if anyone has to have any rights, we all must stand up for whoever is attacked.

No kidding.