PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul on Brüno

sharpsteve2003
07-10-2009, 07:48 PM
YouTube - Ron Paul: "I should have punched Bruno" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHVnDQOsOic)

Light
07-10-2009, 08:27 PM
I'm with Ron Paul on this one. It really says something about our culture when people by the millions go to see trash films like Bruno. Ron Paul did nothing wrong by calling Cohen a *****. The PC police need to back off. Most people would have given that punk a whooping if Cohen tried to come onto them.

I am seriously shake my head at those that find these movies funny. Our culture is in serious disrepair, and in open attack. Its no coincidence why Cohen goes after traditional thought and behavior. The best way to subjogate a society is by creating an immoral one, by mocking traditional values and people with traditional values, Cohen is conditioning the youth of this generation into thinking that traditional values are archaic and need to be disgarded. Unfortunately, few people realize that when people have little responsbility in their personal lives, it only moves for the government to usurp the right for yourself to be responsible.

I know I will be flamed for having this opinion since its an unpopular one, however, I believe what makes this movement great is the broad range of perspective we have.

Met Income
07-10-2009, 08:29 PM
I'm with Ron Paul on this one. It really says something about our culture when people by the millions go to see trash films like Bruno. Ron Paul did nothing wrong by calling Cohen a *****. The PC police need to back off. Most people would have given that punk a whooping if Cohen tried to come onto them.

I am seriously shake my head at those that find these movies funny. Our culture is in serious disrepair, and in open attack. Its no coincidence why Cohen goes after traditional thought and behavior. The best way to subjogate a society is by creating an immoral one, by mocking traditional values and people with traditional values, Cohen is conditioning the youth of this generation into thinking that traditional values are archaic and need to be disgarded. Unfortunately, few people realize that when people have little responsbility in their personal lives, it only moves for the government to usurp the right for yourself to be responsible.

I know I will be flamed for having this opinion since its an unpopular one, however, I believe what makes this movement great is the broad range of perspective we have.

My sense of humor is raunchy and disgusting. I can't help it, but if it makes you feel better, keep looking down on me. I really need your pity.

By the way, this title couldn't be more misleading. Paul was joking about punching the guy.

gls
07-10-2009, 08:33 PM

ClayTrainor
07-10-2009, 08:36 PM
I'm with Ron Paul on this one. It really says something about our culture when people by the millions go to see trash films like Bruno.

People say the same thing about south park, but the fact is... it's f'in hilarious to ALOT of people.

Ron Paul did nothing wrong by calling Cohen a *****. The PC police need to back off. Most people would have given that punk a whooping if Cohen tried to come onto them.

Agreed.

I am seriously shake my head at those that find these movies funny.

And i'm shaking my head at people with their but cheeks clinched so tightly.

Our culture is in serious disrepair, and in open attack. Its no coincidence why Cohen goes after traditional thought and behavior.

Cohen goes after everyone, and everything for the most part. He's ripped feminists apart, as well as Black people, jews, etc.

Clearly you're butt hurt because Ron Paul happened to get caught up in it.

The best way to subjogate a society is by creating an immoral one, by mocking traditional values and people with traditional values, Cohen is conditioning the youth of this generation into thinking that traditional values are archaic and need to be disgarded. Unfortunately, few people realize that when people have little responsbility in their personal lives, it only moves for the government to usurp the right for yourself to be responsible.

Ugh... how about we just worry about freedom for individuals and stop giving a shit about traditional values, religious values, national values, etc.

If you want to endorse them fine, but don't act like it's the end of the world because somebody made fun of some traditional stuff, and people laugh at it.

I agree, the broad perspective is nice :)

Very few of us agree on most things, but we all agree on the BIG stuff (mostly) :)

Kludge
07-10-2009, 08:43 PM
Trolling isn't effective unless the target is uptight and becomes disoriented when their held beliefs are challenged. Ron Paul's reaction was hilarious. Giving into your emotions will never win you an argument unless you're pitied, and usually makes you say something you'll later regret. Cohen's talent is staying in character. Cohen fails to take even himself seriously, which makes it even more amusing that others are.

Cohen creates funny situations. Paul is the actual joke.

Matt Collins
07-10-2009, 08:45 PM
Title of this thread and video is incorrect.

Ron said: "my supporters will probably be wondering why I didn't sock this guy in then nose"

Time for Change
07-10-2009, 08:48 PM
100% with RP on this one.

sharpsteve2003
07-10-2009, 10:40 PM
Title of this thread and video is incorrect.

Ron said: "my supporters will probably be wondering why I didn't sock this guy in then nose"

Tried to fix the title. Thought the video spoke for itself as to what Dr Paul said and how he meant it. I just took the title from the video. My mistake. It was slightly misleading.

Uriel999
07-10-2009, 10:46 PM
lol, yeah ron paul you do owe us an apology. Make it up for us by punching Cohen in the balls. :D

Ninja Homer
07-10-2009, 10:57 PM
lol, yeah ron paul you do owe us an apology. Make it up for us by punching Cohen in the balls. :D

lol, I was thinking the same thing, except kick Bernanke in the balls repeatedly while yelling, "How do YOU like it!?"

Uriel999
07-10-2009, 11:04 PM
lol, I was thinking the same thing, except kick Bernanke in the balls repeatedly while yelling, "How do YOU like it!?"

drown him in frns and repeat the same question. :D

FindLiberty
07-10-2009, 11:51 PM
I can imagine things much worse than a punch... anyway, a punch might have seemed non-consensual and might even have lead to assault charges...

RP should have put on latex gloves as he said, "So you want to play, do you..." (At that point, if "Bruno" was smart, he would have been the one running away.)

RP: "It's not gonna' be over 'till I make you sing like a little girl. Now this is going to pinch, no, it's gonna hurt like living Hell you worthless piece of human excrement!" "See this? This is my speculum... Don't make me tear you a(nother) new one with it!" [RP does his best Bruce Campbell imitation and proceeds to get Cohen to plea for mercy and promise to give up comedy, forever, in return for allowing "Bruno" the temporary peace from unconsciousness brought on by shock.]

While you were out...

"There, I've tied 'em off with some dental floss so you won't have much more blood loss and I've given your scrotum the same kind of repair that I've made hundreds of times after performing an episiotomy."

Then, with a quick flick of the wrist, RP snaps off both gloves in a continuous motion, turning them inside-out with the two bloody testicles now neatly tucked inside of the gloves as he tosses them into the empty ice bucket. "There", He mumbles, "No muss, no more fuss… well, none from you anyway." As he strolls past the cameras, he calmly states, "He got what he asked for and (t)his interview has ended".

revolutionary8
07-11-2009, 12:48 AM
My sense of humor is raunchy and disgusting. I can't help it, but if it makes you feel better, keep looking down on me. I really need your pity.

By the way, this title couldn't be more misleading. Paul was joking about punching the guy.

You're FUNNY to those you try to hustlembustle. :D\
TO THE REST OF US, YOU SUCK ASS as well as balls if necessarry. LOL

sharpsteve2003
07-11-2009, 01:08 AM
I can imagine things much worse than a punch... anyway, a punch might have seemed non-consensual and might even have lead to assault charges...

RP should have put on latex gloves as he said, "So you want to play, do you..." (At that point, if "Bruno" was smart, he would have been the one running away.)

RP: "It's not gonna' be over 'till I make you sing like a little girl. Now this is going to pinch, no, it's gonna hurt like living Hell you worthless piece of human excrement!" "See this? This is my speculum... Don't make me tear you a(nother) new one with it!" [RP does his best Bruce Campbell imitation and proceeds to get Cohen to plea for mercy and promise to give up comedy, forever, in return for allowing "Bruno" the temporary peace from unconsciousness brought on by shock.]

While you were out...

"There, I've tied 'em off with some dental floss so you won't have much more blood loss and I've given your scrotum the same kind of repair that I've made hundreds of times after performing an episiotomy."

Then, with a quick flick of the wrist, RP snaps off both gloves in a continuous motion, turning them inside-out with the two bloody testicles now neatly tucked inside of the gloves as he tosses them into the empty ice bucket. "There", He mumbles, "No muss, no more fuss… well, none from you anyway." As he strolls past the cameras, he calmly states, "He got what he asked for and (t)his interview has ended".

You have serious issues.

Optatron
07-11-2009, 01:15 AM
Tried and failed to seduce him?

specsaregood
07-11-2009, 01:27 AM

While you were out...

I think you would really enjoy this movie: http://www.netflix.com/Movie/Hard_Candy/70023939?trkid=496751

In this suspenseful drama from director David Slade, Hayley (Ellen Page) is an intelligent teen who's been spending time with Geoff (Patrick Wilson), a much older man she met online. Even though Geoff is a charming, good-looking photographer, Hayley should know better than to go home with a guy in his early thirties, especially since he may have ulterior motives. Of course, Hayley may have underlying motives of her own. …

I mean that in all seriousness, I enjoyed it.

JeNNiF00F00
07-11-2009, 01:29 AM

While you were out...

lololol W T F

Met Income
07-11-2009, 10:18 AM
You're FUNNY to those you try to hustlembustle. :D\
TO THE REST OF US, YOU SUCK ASS as well as balls if necessarry. LOL

You're a little off, my friend.

Brassmouth
07-11-2009, 11:08 AM
People say the same thing about south park, but the fact is... it's f'in hilarious to ALOT of people.

South Park is satire and social commentary. Most idiots who watch it don't understand the references made during the show.

Bruno and pretty much all modern comedy movies are disgusting. It really does show how shitty American culture has become.

James Madison
07-11-2009, 11:40 AM
South Park is satire and social commentary. Most idiots who watch it don't understand the references made during the show.

Bruno and pretty much all modern comedy movies are disgusting. It really does show how shitty American culture has become.

South Park is probably one of the most intelligent comedies to come out in decades. Unfortunately like you said, a lot of people can't appreciate the level of satire. SBC was somewhat funny as Ali G, but it seems like he's really running out of material and is having to resort to increasingly shocking situations to generate laughs.

Matt Collins
07-11-2009, 05:30 PM

RP: "It's not gonna' be over 'till I make you sing like a little girl. Now this is going to pinch, no, it's gonna hurt like living Hell you worthless piece of human excrement!"...