PDA

View Full Version : Gay groups should disown Bruno Cohen and Drudge

Liberty Star
07-10-2009, 06:29 PM
They bring bad name for the gay community.

Bruno Cohen's antics under the guise of increasing tolerence for homosexuality and fighting "homophobia" actually could be hurting spread of homosexuality values in America . Media also need to stop giving favorable coverage to this idiot.

If there is any truth at all to rumors of Matt Drudge and Cohen secretly dating, that should be disclosed to readers of Drudge report whenever it's covering him so people know if they are getting objective news or not.

Any disagreements?

BenIsForRon
07-10-2009, 06:41 PM
Not really sure what you're point is, but it looks like Sacha Cohen gets lots of ladies.

http://rollinandscratchin.com/stuff/116215165108_borat2.jpg

Liberty Star
07-10-2009, 06:45 PM
If that was a case for his masculine credentials, you were joking right? lol

What kind of man many women want to be their BFF. LOL

Liberty Star
07-10-2009, 07:01 PM
Bruno's aliases are confusing but I stand corrected, David Cohen does not seem to be one of his aliases.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=laura+ingraham++Drudge++boyfriend+cohen&btnG=Search

But Bruno's obcession with homosexuality/gay themes seems to be a unexplicable phenomenon considering what his wiki page says about his religious upbringing.

teamrican1
07-10-2009, 07:02 PM
Cohen dates the redhead from "The Wedding Singers" and they have a young daughter together. There is no evidence that Cohen is a homosexual. Even if he were, there is the mechanics question. Matt Drudge lives in Miami Beach. Cohen lives in LA and London. If he were coming down here to Miami with any regularity it would be reported in the press.

BenIsForRon
07-10-2009, 07:45 PM
Cohen dates the redhead from "The Wedding Crashers"

Fixed

idiom
07-10-2009, 10:05 PM
He over-estimates his audience.

zach
07-10-2009, 10:43 PM
It's a double edged sword:

It exposes homophobia and the uncomfortabe shock treatment; it gives LGBT people a bad stereotype by directing the attention to the insecure, flamboyant homosexual man exaggeration.

TastyWheat
07-11-2009, 01:25 AM
I agree that Cohen is hurting the gay community more than he is helping it. As over-the-top as Bruno is, it still reinforces many stereotypes that I'm sure homosexuals are trying to get away from. Making fun of Kazakhstanians is one thing, most people have never met someone from Kazakhstan or even been to the country, but now more straight men than ever are learning dildo defense techniques.

Optatron
07-11-2009, 01:28 AM
Drudge is gay?

Optatron
07-11-2009, 01:29 AM

It exposes homophobia and the uncomfortabe shock treatment; it gives LGBT people a bad stereotype by directing the attention to the insecure, flamboyant homosexual man exaggeration.

no it doesn't, even if it was meant to, (as Borat was meant to discredit anti-semitism), people know that entertainers are meant to be sarcastic and forget the original message and intent of the pranks.

jsu718
07-11-2009, 02:04 AM
The gay community pretty much already HAS disowned the film... although that word really isn't appropriate. It has no support from them at all.

Optatron
07-11-2009, 02:07 AM
why should gay community disown somebody or something they never admitted to owning?

idiom
07-11-2009, 02:17 AM
Its okay, the T's have disowned the LGB's. They dunno why they are included there.

Liberty Star
07-11-2009, 12:04 PM
I should repeat that it's about "conduct" and not about private "sexuality" of anyone. If Bruno Cohen had taken his pants off after inviting a female guest to hotel room under false pretence, it would have been just as offensive.

The gay community pretty much already HAS disowned the film... although that word really isn't appropriate. It has no support from them at all.

"distance themselves" on second thought would have been more appropriate wording here.

Drudge is gay?

That's old news :

http://www.chicagopride.com/news/article.cfm/articleid/7218900

Even though right now Drudge Report is pimping Bruno Cohen's film, Drudge had apparently noted similar concerns from some in gay community in one of the rare written columns:

http://www.drudgereport.com/logo9.gif

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/ap/20090531/capt.834f049f1f394eca92f773ae54850f46.spike_tv_guy s_choice_awards_show_cadc134.jpg?x=400&y=276&q=85&sig=8LaEZohmhf15_PrpxNDMGQ--

GAY GROUPS GROWING CONCERN OVER 'BRUNO'
Thu Jun 11 2009 09:05:55 ET

After an exhaustive and controversial production proccess, Sacha Baron Cohen and UNIVERSAL are finally set to unleash BRUNO onto the multiplex -- and gay groups are reacting with "deeply mixed" emotions!

"Some people in our community may like this movie, but many are not going to be OK with it," Rashad Robinson, senior director for the GAY AND LESBIAN ALLIANCE AGAINST DEFAMATION, tells the NEW YORK TIMES in a planned Sunday expose.

"Sacha Baron Cohen's well-meaning attempt at satire is problematic in many places and outright offensive in others."

Brad Luna, a spokesman for HUMAN RIGHTS CAMPAIGN, warns the movie should come with disclaimer:

"We strongly feel that Sacha Baron Cohen and UNIVERSAL PICTURES have a responsibility to remind the viewing public right there in the theater that this is intended to expose homophobia."

Billed as an encore to the blockbuster BORAT, with a twist, the film is set for July 10. It's delivered R-rated and ready to shock.

In one scene Bruno appears on a talk show holding a baby who is wearing a T-shirt reading "Gayby."

The sequence flashes to Bruno having sex in a hot tub while the baby sits nearby. He then boasts to the outraged studio audience that the baby is a man magnet.

"You're going to burn in hell for that one!" shouts an unknowing audience member.

Elton John blushed and balked when Cohen asked if he could play "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" for a scene in which Bruno, participating in a cage-fighting match in Arkansas, pulls down his opponent's pants and kisses him on the mouth, prompting a horrified crowd to throw garbage at him. [Elton does make a cameo later in the movie.]

Cohen's favorite BRUNO scene is said involve the comic strutting around ultra-orthodox streets of Jerusalem in short-shorts and Hasidic black hat.

The TIMES's Brooks Barnes is planning to go thousands of words on the societal implications of it all, newsroom sources tell the DRUDGE REPORT.

Developing...

http://www.drudgereport.com/flashbrn.htm

teamrican1
07-11-2009, 06:56 PM
Drudge is gay?

Drudge is almost certainly gay. He has never expressly said, "I'm gay", but he never denies it either. And he has mentioned in interviews that he frequents gay bars. Couple that with the fact that he dresses like some character out of the 1920's and wears a fedora 24/7 and I don't think there is much doubt as to his sexuality.

itshappening
07-11-2009, 08:53 PM
i've always thought he was. I think he just finds Bruno/Cohen amusing. he has covered it and bumped it a hell of a lot over the last 6 months

I also remember him covering the fury over Borat so I think he finds it amusing and worth promoting.

Warrior_of_Freedom
07-12-2009, 12:28 AM
I hope this is a joke. I hate the big giant gay club that formed in America. I rather bask in a group of peta activists then watch men march down a street with their junk bulging out tiny underwear. It's ruining our culture. That is all.

Brooklyn Red Leg
07-12-2009, 02:05 AM
I should repeat that it's about "conduct" and not about private "sexuality" of anyone. If Bruno Cohen had taken his pants off after inviting a female guest to hotel room under false pretence, it would have been just as offensive.

Actually, he would be going to jail for attempted sexual assault most likely.

Liberty Star
07-12-2009, 08:16 AM
And he has mentioned in interviews that he frequents gay bars.

I had heard that too. And that one time he hit on Alec Baldwin of all people, who went public with it calling him a creep or something like that LOL

i've always thought he was. I think he just finds Bruno/Cohen amusing. he has covered it and bumped it a hell of a lot over the last 6 months

I also remember him covering the fury over Borat so I think he finds it amusing and worth promoting.

What he posts on his tabloid news page often has an agenda. He can't be the only one in America who found Lewinsky scandal amusing at the time he did. He's probably not a hardcore supporter of settlers occupation movement but he's often smearing advocates of change in US Israel policy and pushing neocons agenda.

Actually, he would be going to jail for attempted sexual assault most likely.

You're right.

Liberty Star
07-12-2009, 08:24 AM
I agree that Cohen is hurting the gay community more than he is helping it. As over-the-top as Bruno is, it still reinforces many stereotypes that I'm sure homosexuals are trying to get away from. Making fun of Kazakhstanians is one thing, most people have never met someone from Kazakhstan or even been to the country, but now more straight men than ever are learning dildo defense techniques.

Yae, his antics reinforce negative stereotypes about gay, bisexual, transgender community. It would be a good thing if LGBT, LGF and other groups called for boycott of Bruno's movies.

I hope this is a joke. I hate the big giant gay club that formed in America. I rather bask in a group of peta activists then watch men march down a street with their junk bulging out tiny underwear. It's ruining our culture. That is all.

Joke? are you referring to above Bruno picture LOL

Not all gay men behave like him though.