PDA

View Full Version : August 1st: Schiff bomb

itshappening
07-10-2009, 03:27 PM
Can we do it?

we would need to organize and promote it hard... anyone got any ideas?

I know Trevor is helping Rand for August 20th (The big one) maybe he can help with this one, there would be a 3 week break between them which is great!

And, when we promote we can promote BOTH money bombs!

If Peter Schiff does not decide to run for the senate, he will return all donations made to him. I repeat: your money will be given back.

itshappening
07-10-2009, 03:30 PM
interesting, who runs this ?

http://www.schiffbomb.com/

ctiger2
07-10-2009, 03:36 PM
I'd think you'd want a sooner bomb. 7/27 would be good...

eric@nordstrom1.com ?

Feelgood
07-10-2009, 06:23 PM
Is Schiff running yet?

TheConstitutionLives
07-10-2009, 06:34 PM
Too soon

itshappening
07-10-2009, 07:52 PM
Too soon

too soon?? peter is calling for donations as soon as possible

FSP-Rebel
07-10-2009, 10:15 PM
too soon?? peter is calling for donations as soon as possible
Peter needs to be realistic. We don't have the numbers here or on DP to orchestrate 2 big bombs so close to each other. One or the other will look like hell if we don't do it right.
Flat-out. People are saving for Rand, so Peter should put some of his own money on the line now, and we'll bomb him in early or mid Sept.

Feelgood
07-11-2009, 04:34 PM
Why do you think people are "saving for Rand"? Rand isnt running yet either. I personally would feel better about donating to Peter now, then Rand. Peter has already stated that if he decides not to run, he will refund our donations. I havent heard anything like that from Rand, and am still not sure if he will definitely run. If Rand would just commit, then I think more would be willing to donate to him. I will donate to both Rand and Peter, but not until they commit to running for office. This "donate to me now, while I form an exploratory committee" is just a bunch of crap. Either run or dont run, but let us know one way or another...

scandinaviany3
07-12-2009, 03:11 AM
Peter needs to be realistic. We don't have the numbers here or on DP to orchestrate 2 big bombs so close to each other. One or the other will look like hell if we don't do it right.
Flat-out. People are saving for Rand, so Peter should put some of his own money on the line now, and we'll bomb him in early or mid Sept.

What is strange is that neither has committed to running.

If they both run...they will be fine...but they need to commit and do it now

gls
07-12-2009, 03:50 AM
I'm donating as soon as they put a way to do so up on the website.

In the meantime I signed up for and have been promoting (in libertarian circles) the exploratory mailing list. It seems to me that Peter is using it to gauge his true level of grassroots support.

itshappening
07-12-2009, 11:56 AM
I'm donating as soon as they put a way to do so up on the website.

In the meantime I signed up for and have been promoting (in libertarian circles) the exploratory mailing list. It seems to me that Peter is using it to gauge his true level of grassroots support.

good idea, maybe use Facebook to spread it.. there must be a lot of liberty minded people on facebook.

gls
07-12-2009, 12:21 PM
good idea, maybe use Facebook to spread it.. there must be a lot of liberty minded people on facebook.

Yeah, for example the Peter Schiff for Senate 2010 Facebook group (http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/schiff2010?ref=mf) has nearly 4000 members and as far as I can tell no message has been sent out regarding the new development. It looks like someone from PEAC (the draft campaign) is in charge of it. I emailed them asking them to send out an alert, but who knows, they might not even be allowed to do so under this country's screwed up campaign laws.

RonPaulwillWin
07-13-2009, 03:10 AM
interesting, who runs this ?

http://www.schiffbomb.com/

Registrant:
-
PSC 41 Box 6823
APO AE, NY 09464
US
208-580-1830

Domain Name: SCHIFFBOMB.COM

Administrative Contact:
Nordstrom, Eric eric@nordstrom1.com
PSC 41 Box 6823
APO AE, NY 09464
US
208-580-1830

Technical Contact:
Nordstrom, Eric eric@nordstrom1.com
PSC 41 Box 6823
APO AE, NY 09464
US
208-580-1830

Record expires on 01-17-2010
Record created on 01-17-2009

Domain servers in listed order:
NS0.DIRECTNIC.COM 69.46.233.245
NS1.DIRECTNIC.COM 69.46.234.245

Elwar
07-13-2009, 07:27 AM
I believe the end of the quarter is the end of July right? I recall a big push at the end of July for Ron Paul's reporting numbers.

August 1st would be some pretty poor timing.

August 30th would be more appropriate as it can ride on the heels of the Rand Paul bomb success with people latching onto that success looking to the next big thing being Schiff.

dr. hfn
07-14-2009, 12:59 AM
no way in hell am i donating to another Schiff moneybomb! Especially since he won't say if he is running or not and I just donated twice to Rand and Kokesh and now the Big One for Rand is Aug. 20th!

No1ButPaul08
07-14-2009, 08:13 AM
no way in hell am i donating to another Schiff moneybomb! Especially since he won't say if he is running or not and I just donated twice to Rand and Kokesh and now the Big One for Rand is Aug. 20th!

So you're willing to donate to Rand 3 times even though he hasn't said he is running, but won't donate to Schiff, even though you will get your money back even if he doesn't run. Doesn't make any sense.

ctiger2
07-14-2009, 09:06 AM
So you're willing to donate to Rand 3 times even though he hasn't said he is running, but won't donate to Schiff, even though you will get your money back even if he doesn't run. Doesn't make any sense.

+1... the logic is baffling.

He Who Pawns
07-14-2009, 05:23 PM
I'm ready to drop some money on a Schiff bomb. What's the plan?

bucfish
07-14-2009, 05:26 PM
I'm ready to drop some money on a Schiff bomb. What's the plan?

The plan is to donate and NOT get a refund! That would SUCK!

mello
07-16-2009, 12:50 PM

I was listening to the July 15th episode of Freedom Watch & Schiff said that if he
ended up not running, the money from the exploratory committee would be returned to
the people that donated.

Lovecraftian4Paul
07-16-2009, 05:00 PM
Is there any indication of how much would have to be raised to convince Schiff to run?

He Who Pawns
07-16-2009, 10:14 PM
It sounds like July 27th is the date for the Schiff Bomb.

fr33domfightr
07-17-2009, 12:03 AM
It sounds like July 27th is the date for the Schiff Bomb.

That's my understanding as well. July 27th.

A member on facebook posted a link for a July 27th money bomb. This is what they wrote:

"The Peter Schiff For Senate MONEY BOMB is on July 27th, to commemorate the 315th anniversary of the Bank of England's Royal Charter - the beginning of government-manipulated banking as we know it. Go to www.SchiffMoneyBomb.com to pledge!"

I had a look at the number of pledges and there isn't very many yet. I think these things take time to build up, as it did for Ron Paul.

FF

FSP-Rebel
07-17-2009, 01:03 AM
That's my understanding as well. July 27th.

A member on facebook posted a link for a July 27th money bomb. This is what they wrote:

"The Peter Schiff For Senate MONEY BOMB is on July 27th, to commemorate the 315th anniversary of the Bank of England's Royal Charter - the beginning of government-manipulated banking as we know it. Go to www.SchiffMoneyBomb.com to pledge!"

I had a look at the number of pledges and there isn't very many yet. I think these things take time to build up, as it did for Ron Paul.

FF
Thank you, my point exactly. And WTH does the bank of england have to do with Schiff? We need Schiff to wait till early September to get his blast, it's not that hard to realize. People are going to blitz Rand on the 20th since he's RP's son and will likely run if we have the appropriate support. Plz understand what an exploratory committee is all about... If nothing else, donate to Schiff in a low capacity condition and then we can explode in early Sept. That's all I'm saying.

DFF
07-17-2009, 01:20 AM
We need to light up Myspace/Facebook/Youtube like we did with Dr. Paul...

He Who Pawns
07-17-2009, 01:49 AM
Thank you, my point exactly. And WTH does the bank of england have to do with Schiff? We need Schiff to wait till early September to get his blast, it's not that hard to realize. People are going to blitz Rand on the 20th since he's RP's son and will likely run if we have the appropriate support. Plz understand what an exploratory committee is all about... If nothing else, donate to Schiff in a low capacity condition and then we can explode in early Sept. That's all I'm saying.

Wrong. We need the Schiff money to roll in ASAP. Peter is serious about fundraising, and unlike all other candidates, Peter can pump MILLIONS of his own dollars into a senate race against probably the biggest (and most vulnerable) Democrat target in the country right now -- Chris Dodd. Bringing down Dodd could have MASSIVE, reverberating consequences, and could actually help to change the entire course and leadership of the GOP. I don't give a good goddamn what other bombs are being planned. We need to support Peter NOW.

FSP-Rebel
07-17-2009, 01:59 AM
Wrong. We need the Schiff money to roll in ASAP. Peter is serious about fundraising, and unlike all other candidates, Peter can pump MILLIONS of his own dollars into a senate race against probably the biggest (and most vulnerable) Democrat target in the country right now -- Chris Dodd. Bringing down Dodd could have MASSIVE, reverberating consequences, and could actually help to change the entire course and leadership of the GOP. I don't give a good goddamn what other bombs are being planned. We need to support Peter NOW.
Ok, you win.

fr33domfightr
07-17-2009, 08:26 AM
Schiff says he'll decide if he'll run in a few weeks, based on donations. August 1st might be OK then. For the time being, I've informed all my friends on facebook about his Schiff For Senate facebook page. Most of them probably don't know who he is right now, so they need time to read and/or watch some video clips to decide if they'll support him.

FF

CUnknown
07-17-2009, 09:20 AM
We should change the title of this thread so people don't get confused. It's the 27th, right?

ctiger2
07-17-2009, 10:12 AM
I think the key right now would be how many people donate. So, I wouldn't be too hung up on donating large sums of money right now. Even $5-$10 donations from LOTS of people would be all the sign that Peter needs to make his decision to officially announce he's running. Heck, if he got 100,000 people giving him $1 each I think even that would seal the deal.

itshappening
07-17-2009, 11:10 AM
yes, mods change the title, this was just an idea at the time but someone has set a date for a money bomb...