PDA

View Full Version : T. Lee Horne, Libertarian Candidate for Louisiana Governer needs your help...

PennCustom4RP
09-24-2007, 08:24 PM
T. Lee Horne needs you help...he is excluded from a local debate...Horne is running on same platform as Ron Paul...and facing the same stonewalls as RP

Up coming debate between the 4 rich boys from the big cities

Below you will find important information on the upcoming LPB/CABL Debates. At the conclusion of the press release you will find an action item to participate in if you are inclined to do so. We hope you will.

Vinson Mouser
Campaign Manager
T. Lee Horne, III for Governor

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
DATE: September 17, 2007
PHONE: (888)823-0318

While there has been a lot of complaining about Bobby Jindal not debating the candidates and his refusal to show up at many invited events, the real focus should be on the upcoming debates hosted by CABL and LPB.

The first debate is scheduled for September 27 and will be broadcast statewide. This event, being sponsored by Louisiana Public Broadcasting (LPB) and Citizens for A Better Louisiana (CABL) is being touted as a debate to let you, the People of Louisiana, learn the positions of the candidates.

The fact is the debate will be biased, since all of the candidates will not be allowed to participate. You will not have the opportunity to hear the idea's and views of all candidates. The voters of Louisiana will only be able to hear from the four who are rich and/or politically connected.

Their requirement of having raised and spent $250,000, five times the Secretary of State's electronic filing requirement and more than double the governor's first years salary, will ensure that you only hear from candidates that are financially well off and/or well connected. It serves to further entrench the absurd levels of money needed to be spent to run a statewide campaign, and it silences those candidates who are both efficient with their funds and who find alternative means of reaching the voters. Bottom Line - it excludes those candidates who are most fiscally responsible and who think "outside the box" to solve problems - exactly what we need in government. Instead, LPB and CABL are limiting your choices to "the good 'ole boy network."

Their requirement of showing at least 5% in a recognized nonpartisan or news media poll released prior to the debate is unfounded. First, because at this stage, most polls measure only name recognition; something which public forums exist to provide. Second, even if this rule were sound, there have been no known released polls which included all of the candidates. If the poll did not include everyone, then it is biased and should not be a consideration.

If this debate proceeds as is, and is not opened up to all of the candidates, LPB and CABL will be guilty of leading you and the rest of Louisiana into voting based on the same tired positions of the old guard politicians. In so doing, both will be guilty of trying to manufacture the news and sway your opinion rather than reporting and informing.

While we understand LPB and CABL are trying to give more time to the candidates they perceive as having a realistic chance of winning, the reality is that these exclusions make them guilty of skewing the race in favor of candidates who are already politically and financially connected to the very problems the people seek to solve. It is not up to LPB or CABL to determine who is a viable candidate. It is up to the voters, not LPB or CABL, who will be the state's next governor.

Limiting the free flow of ideas stifles democracy and limits the choices of the people, and it doesn't even come close to the goal of educating you about the choices for Governor in Louisiana.

This year we have witnessed many Presidential debates in which all of the candidates have been able to participate. It has been shown that a debate with a large number of candidates can be successful and can include a healthy exchange of ideas.

T. Lee Horne, III calls for the immediate opening of the LPB/CABL debates to all of the candidates so that the voters can understand who the choices for governor are and so they can make a truly informed vote; not a vote that is biased and skewed by LPB and CABL's opinion.
-30-

Action Item

If you feel as we do, let us join together and raise our voices and let LPB and CABL know that We the People of Louisiana will not tolerate this biased debate. Call CABL today at: (225) 344-2225 and voice your displeasure. You can also email them at: info@cabl.org . You can fax CABL at (225) 338-9470. To let LPB know how you feel call 225-767-5660 or 800-272-8161. To email LPB you should go to their website at www.lpb.org and click on the contact button on the left side of the page.

torchbearer
09-24-2007, 11:10 PM
bump!

hard@work
09-24-2007, 11:31 PM
It's too bad there wasn't a larger showing of RP supporters out there. Could shock and awe them with a big fat rally outside their offices.

LibertyOfOne
09-24-2007, 11:39 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=jxpZdriC950

specsaregood
09-24-2007, 11:44 PM
I'm not a regular Alex Jones listener, but I happened to have him on today and he was talking about Louisiana and politics. Does anybody know if he has had Mr. Horne on his show? Or mentioned him in anyway?

I know he is a huge Ron Paul supporter, it might be worth getting Alex Jones to mention him. (if he hasn't already done so)

torchbearer
09-24-2007, 11:45 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=jxpZdriC950

Yes indeed!

torchbearer
09-24-2007, 11:46 PM
I'm not a regular Alex Jones listener, but I happened to have him on today and he was talking about Louisiana and politics. Does anybody know if he has had Mr. Horne on his show? Or mentioned him in anyway?

I know he is a huge Ron Paul supporter, it might be worth getting Alex Jones to mention him. (if he hasn't already done so)

Actually thats a great idea... i will pass that on to Lee Horne's campaign manager... do you know what is the best way to get in touch with alex jones?

specsaregood
09-24-2007, 11:49 PM
Actually thats a great idea... i will pass that on to Lee Horne's campaign manager... do you know what is the best way to get in touch with alex jones?

I have no clue, I only turn in to his show on occasion. I was listening today and the subject of LA politics came up and I immediately thought of Mr. Horne. I considered contacting AJ about it, but since I am not a regular listener I didn't know if he had already mentioned him or had him on the show in the past.

PennCustom4RP
09-25-2007, 03:12 AM
ttt

PennCustom4RP
09-25-2007, 12:40 PM
ttt again

torchbearer
09-26-2007, 03:08 PM
bump for freedom message